THR MammaT’s Matched Set

Yes I have. Am easing into it, just a few minutes at a time, and trying to figure out all the controls. Had to shovel driveway and sidewalk yesterday. New hip didn’t mind at all, right hip said “really?” Getting steadier groin pain now, even while sitting. Had been second guessing myself getting it done in February and not waiting until constant pain yet. Several of my steps yesterday had the really sharp, quick pain so I know where that heads. Knowing what I do now, it would be totally stupid to wait for total collapse (which of corse can still happen at any time!)

Off to get my second cup of coffe before getting ready for church. Very cold here today. Stopping ny store on way home then I will be home for the day. No New Year’s Eve parties for me!
 
Thanks @Jackie222. I find the bike to work best for me, especially this time of year. Hope to get it all figured out and the app for it synced to my fitness pal ( or Fitbit), or maybe both? :what:
 
Wow mines not that clever. I’m back on MyFitnessPal but have to add my biking manually. I’ve gained 21lbs over 2017 as my ability to exercise reduced to zero and I comfort ate for England!! Diet proper starts on Tuesday along with Dry January which will hopefully give me a good kick start :upright::upright:
 
@Jackie222 I think the dry January thing really works! I started 2017 off doing that and limited alcohol the rest of the year. I didn't give it up totally but stuck to some guidelines I gave myself. I lost about 10 lbs over the year from that and cleaning up some of my eating habits. I'd like to lose another 10 lbs or so which I think will come off as I can get more active this year.

The cold is really kicking our butts up here too @MammaT. I went to the mall to walk inside yesterday and it reminded me why I don't go to the mall very often anymore! Still a bit crowded but that will probably ease off in a week or so as kids go back to school. Plus I stopped and bought 2 pairs of pants on sale, so this could get expensive if I'm not disciplined about it lol.
 
I am starting cleanse January 2. Do one every 90 days. That and clean eating has me down to a heathy weight. Have put on a few pounds this holiday seaso, it will be gone before surgery. My body feels better when I don’t eat the junk. Don’t drink, so that part is no problem.

Understand hat you mean about shopping @jaydub63!
 
My daughter in law and I have a contract to lose 10 lbs each; she added because of a new position and I because of no exercise for 2 years. After the New Year settles in I start back at the Y on the recumbent and the treadmill. I'll run into my personal trainer of pre-op days no doubt and happily say hi in passing.

But you all put me to shame with the Fitbits and all. I do belong to MyFitnessPal and need to get back at it. It's all a challenge at this point.

I walked a 1/4 of a mile today with the walker, 1/2 that on the cane. But it's walking heel/toe. I pretty much have that down now, I think. Now concentration on the posture is called for. But it's cold down here in the south and you don't go much farther east than where I live. I am walking with 3 layers on and the only place that's warm is my head which was wrapped up in a woolen turban.

Off to dinner with friends tonight but home before midnight I think.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL MY LOVES ON BONE SMART. . .MAMMA :wink: T GETS HER OTHER NEW HIP IN '18.
:dancy::wowspring::dancy:
 
Oh @zinnia you always make me smile. I am so looking forward to February 5. Last night was the first night I was consciously aware of it disrupting my sleep (doesn’t like me laying on it). Groin pain much more regular. Bending is not comfortable at all (although doesn’t bother left at all!). It’s funny that once you’ve been through one hip, you can see all the signs and symptoms of one going. All the stuff I wrote off as “I’m just out of shape.”

I was starting to think “maybe I can wait longer” and I probably could if I wanted the increase in pain and decreased mobility. So I fetched myself up and said “woman, are you crazy or what?!” My sleep last night answered that.

Good job on your walking-that is great improvement!
 
So I went to church today to help with bereavement meal. After standing and serving, I started walking across room, one of the ladies stopped me and said “why are you gimping?” I said, “didn’t know I was.” She said, “oh yes and you are walking very stiff.” Told her was having right hip troubles and have surgery scheduled. She said “good, I hope you get it done before this hip gets as bad as your other one was.” Surprising what others notice. I think she notices things because her husband has joint issues (plus she doesn’t hesitate to speak up).

It is hurting steady today, but not severe. Good news is, a month from now i’ll be writing post-surgery updates.
 
Last edited:
@MammaT less than a month to go now...not that you are counting down the days or anything :)
 
Will be so happy for you to be all done, MammaT.
You will have a tremendous cheering section!
 
I think that you are brave to go for number 2. My left hip needs replacement also but is not hurting. My philosophy is if it does not hurt, don't touch it. It is going to take a long time to forget this recovery- took me two years after the knee to go after the hip.
Please let us know how it goes in February. I am officially joining your cheering section.:yay:
 
Well, after surviving my first (and putting up with it way too long!) I started process for right when it started hurting while driving. Now bending is no fun, starting to limp off and on, and gait change irritates good hip. Not brave, just realistic. If there is no need to wait for misery of complete collapse, I choose not to. However, it seems like after the past week, the race is on! :fasthorse:
 
I admit, I am an on line shopper. Got most of my Christmas shopping done on line this year. I am always excited when packages arrive. However, I think my greatest excitement was when new ice packs arrived today. Got four new ones to be ready for post op. Looking forward to them freezing and trying them out after work tomorrow. It’s the little things that make me happy.
 
I can relate to the online shopping for Christmas...my problem is that now that I'm laid up...I have all the time in the world to keep shopping. It's easy to be persuaded by sales! Fortunately today, I used the opportunity to work on my genealogy...a passion, or maybe obsession at times. Anyways it is a nice diversion from the limited world view that recovery can induce!
 
I recall being excited when my boxes of recovery aids arrived from Walgreen's after I ordered them all on line. Not that the stuff was that exciting (who gets excited about SOCK aids and raised toilet seats lol), but it meant the big day was getting close. I love shopping in general but finding a great bargain at TJ Maxx really gets me going.
 
Good morning...surprised you might be sleeping in. This has been the longest week and it's only Wednesday.
Bet that hip is helping you be more than ready for February!
Hope your day is uneventful!:) :-) (:
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom