THR MammaT’s Matched Set

Well, plan of not aggravating hip didn’t work so well. The real shooting pain occurred while I was standing and ironing-one of those where you groan out loud without knowing you’re going to. Got my son’s attention! Then later while standing at sink doing stuff that can’t go in dishwasher, it started again. With the bending I did today putting things away and doing laundry it has let me know it is not a happy joint.

Son left for home so I am now in lift chair with ice on both hips. I think favoring right bothers muscles in left. Well, just a few more weeks. I can put up with this after the couple of years I put up with left.

Done whining.
 
Take care of yourself and glad you only have a few more weeks until your other hip gets done!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
 
Well @MyAussieGirl , if we didn’t have pain, we wouldn’t have urgency! Having muscular pain in left this morning, was sore to sleep on last night. Going to try some heat this morning and some stretching and massage. Hope to get new recumbent bike put together today. Not that many parts to hook together. I think some gentle cycling may help this left pain in the butt. Right groin may have a different opinion!
 
So sorry it is getting more intense. Will certainly be am the more relief when you get this other one done.
Glad you don't have to go back to work.
Hopefully today will be better.:console2:
 
Annoyingly painful as I remember.
Just don't overdo right now...don't want new hip too overworked...you're gonna need it.
I'm glad it's Friday. Brother on way for visit from Seattle so will be here tonight. I'm sure he will want to go out to eat somewhere fancy...he's like that...glad to see him but not liking forward to long day at work, coming home and dressing for dinner...as I'm still sore from my weekend mishap.:oyvey:
 
Maybe dinner will take your mind off it! Went to amazon to order long handled litter scoop (bending to clean is painful), also found cat food dishes in stand with handle. With left hip, sister-in law had to do litter box which I typically keep in basement, and I had mats under food dishes and would just get stuff close. Going to move box to spare bedroom temporarily and should be able to tend to them on my own. If weather is bad in February, don’t want her thinking she needs to make trek from her house just for that duty! Getting stuff now so I can practice!
 
@MammaT - I’m starting to practice too. It’s such a good idea! Right now just doing the stairs so I remember up with the good, down with the bad. I’ll get all my aids out of the basement in February and start with them then. February 5 isn’t that far off now.
 
I found some gentle biking really helped make things bearable with my bad hip for the last few months. It did seem to help keep the muscles in some sort of shape and I found that things involving lifting the knee (like going up stairs) were less painful for awhile after I rode. Mine is an upright but I also rode a recumbent at my trainer's place.
 
@MammaT - Having a bike at home must be wonderful. It's been the best thing to loosen up after my surgery. If I'd had one at home, I might not have looked quite the sight when I went to the gym in scrubs and compression cuffs on legs, using a walker, on the day after my surgery - all to cycle and use the treadmill for just a few minutes each! So sorry your hip is giving you such fits right now but good days are coming soon!
 
Last edited:
:mcoffee: Morning @MammaT . Did you get your new toy put together?
Hope you have a Good Day!
 
Got bike put together by myself. Got delivery person to put it into kitchen. Took parts out of box that I could. Pulled flywheel and frame into spare bedroom on cardboard. Took me a little over 2 hours, worst part was kneeling, getting in different positions. By time I was finished I was too sore to ride much, but did test it out, much nicer than mom’s old one. Will down load manual today so I can figure out how to use all the stuff!

Iced after my contortions and got a good sleep. Hips ok for starting the day. Staying in and staying warm today and will try not to overdo on new toy.
 
Stay warm and no, don't overdo!
I'm not liking cold weather and we don't even compare to what you are getting...
Come on spring:flwrysmile:
 
Morning MammaT. On to second cup of coffee.
I love coffee in the morning. Don't know what non coffee drinkers do.
It's the whole thing...listening to the brewer's finishing burp, always the same cup, that first sip...
Hope your cold is better.
Have you tried your new toy yet?
 
Last edited:
Well done @MammaT on putting your bike together. Glad that you haven’t suffered too much for your exertions. I’m really pleased with the exercise bike I had as an early Christmas present. Have been on it most days.
 
Back
Top Bottom