Guest viewing is limited

THR MammaT’s Matched Set

I did sleep in! Yes, hip is talking to me more. Thankfully not constant chatter. Bending not fun, groin gets spikes of pain then. Only hitting around a 5at it’s worst but stiffness pretty constant. See surgeon on January 23 for pre surgery assessment. Getting stuff at work and home. We may have snow storm this weekend so I will see how the hips like shoveling.

Agree it’s been a long week so far but, I get a three day weekend!
 
Oh @MammaT don't you even think about shovelling snow, we don't want any silly mishaps before your op, just about 3 weeks to go now so you need to take extra special care. Ok do you promise?
 
Well, I have actually shoveled twice so far this year. It takes about 30 minutes to do drive and sidewalks. I go out if there is about three inches so the it’s not too heavy. Picked up extra salt, but got the small canister because big bags are beyond me! Promise I will take it slow.
 
You better...I'm the resident accident prone participant.Mind your business:heehee:
 
Would never dream of upstaging you @mojo! Actually being lazy today. After getting in car after store run, right leg decided to shout a bit. It definitely didn’t like driving. Keeping legs up and hitting bed in a bit. So I will be good tonight. Is it Friday yet?
 
@MammaT We are a day apart. I had my revision on 23 August... 2 weeks after the first THR was botched. I feel your pain and understand the slow going. Great advice here in this forum. Ive learned a lot. Feel better soon!!!
 
Jury still out on crazy @MyAussieGirl! Hips and legs not happy the last two days, weather may be playing part. Couldn’t decide if I wanted ice or heat when I got home. Since cold and snowing, trying elevation with heated Sherpa blanket, can always ice after I get warm.

Told assistant director both hips bothering me today and she said “probably because you are limping more, it’s good you have surgery scheduled.” Since I wasn’t really aware that limp was noticeable, didn’t know if I should thank her for confirming how I was feeling or fire her for shattering my illusion. Well, since I need her to cover for me next month, I didn’t fire her.

Still not as bad as last time, but working it’s way there.
 
It's a-coming @MammaT !
I'll be happy when you are on the healing side again!
Sorry you are hurting...I grew so weary of hurting.:sorry:
 
You just tough...but it does get old, ye olde limper!
You are gonna be so so good this spring! Can't wait :yahoo:
 
Good morning Sunshine.:SUNsmile:
Hope you are staying well and I KNOW you are beyond ready for your surgery.
The wind is blowing 17 mph today even though supposed to be sunny and 50 degrees.
I want so badly to get out today but it stiffens me up to get chilled.
Might have to bulk up and go to country and build a fire! Oops...If not too too windy.
Hope your hip gives you a break this weekend.
 
Really...not funny!
 
Sitting here with coffee, checking out how much snow we got last night, really just a few inches but with blowing and ice higher in some places. Will work on regular weekend chores and stay home until tomorrow. And yes, I will work on drive way a bit at a time. It is not that large. On ambitious days I can do it and sidewalk in 30 minutes. Since it is so cold today, I will probably take a couple of warm up breaks.

Slept well last night but I broke down and took half a Norco. Hope to get some stuff rearranged for surgery this weekend.
 
We didn't get much snow from that storm here in MI, but what we did get looks crusty and icy. Do you have someone that can take care of any snow/ice after your surgery? Hopefully there won't be much, but you never know!
 
Will not worry about it after surgery since I won’t venture out, but yes, for doctor trips, etc, son will drive over to take me and he can probably shovel it in 15 minutes! Also have others can call on. I don’t plan on shoveling after surgery until next winter!
 
Went out to start shoveling. Someone showed up to plow neighbors drive. Looked up and he was coming down sidewalk to my drive. He said I’ll get it.” I said, let me know what I owe you. It’s a bit tough with my hips.” It’s neighbors son in law (not used to seeing him bundled up). He said “this is too much snow for you to shovel, go in and relax. I won’t take your money.” I think I have a hip angel! Neighbor will get valentines flowers for having such great kids!
 
Back
Top Bottom