THR MammaT’s Matched Set

Just a short whine this morning. My replacement hip decided to get into the act this weekend. Pretty certain from everything I’ve read on here it is piriformis syndrome. The joint itself feels fine, but darned that pain in the butt! Have been icing and elevating. Tried some of the stretches. Should I let it rest a bit before doing stretches? I know Josephine says it can take awhile to resolve. Don’t want to bother doc with it yet. I think maybe gait shifting from right hip (which has been misbehaving) is part of the issue. It does seem a bit better this am after resting yesterday.
 
Whine away. My replacement side has been giving me issues in the IT band. For me I’m sure it’s due to my gait being off. I’m not using my cane as much as I should.

My massage therapist advised not to ice before exercise/stretching but only after. Heat before. I’ve got a foam roller that I use frequently for sore spots and a lacrosse ball works great for any pain in the butt. I just sit on it and find the pain spot, then adjust until the muscle releases. It hurts but helps at the same time. Hope you feel better soon!
 
I second @hikejunkie on the foam roller for getting to those sore spots. I've used a lacrosse ball on my feet but not on my butt before - will have to remember that one in the future if needed. Hope you get some relief MammaT.
 
It is easing off a bit. Used ice pack a couple of times at work after longer walks around complex. Used much shorter stride and that also seemed to help. Have 200 Christmas cards to address for work tonight so will sit in lift chair, try a bit of heat. Don’t have a foam roller, will pick one up. In the meantime I read somewhere that people have used rolling pins, so I used my mother’s. Felt a bit better- maybe it was just the connection with mom, but I will take it.
 
Decided to give one to each of my staff-closer to 220. They are done! Just have cards for church family left to do!
 
Morning MammaT.
It is Thursday the Good.
Followed by Friday the Finally!!!
Hope you have good day
 
Meetings at work, food pantry tonight. Don’t know if right hip will like it, but it can just shut up, because my spirit will feel better for the work! We are going to make it to the weekend and enjoy the holiday celebration. :merry christmas::kitty chris: @Mojo333
 
Blessings to you @MyAussieGirl. Got home to start long weekend, ate piece of hard candy broke off part of back molar that has filling. My dentist is closed til January 2. So I guess I am doing some last minute shopping for dental wax. Hope to avoid emergency care for it. :gaah:
 
Soft Hugs to @MammaT unless it hurts like crazy it can wait. I am so sorry though I know what it's like one thing after another. You've been a good girl this year you deserve better than that lump of coal
 
Oh no...for tooth.
Good morning MammaT. Hope you had a great holiday and are sipping on some nice warm coffee...
Have a good day.:friends:
 
Had a wonderful Christmas. Both hips very tight yesterday. Luckily festivities over late afternoon so I hit recliner. Tooth doing well. Will see how hip feels about cleaning today!
 
@MammaT I came down to the kitchen disaster this morning and almost went back to bed! Slowly making my way through it. I was grateful for my new hip yesterday as I was on my feet for about 4 hours cooking Christmas dinner with my hubby. A little bit of family drama during dinner, but hey, it wouldn't be the holidays without some of that, right? Hope you can rest and relax a bit today. We did end up with a white Christmas here, but now I would be happy for it all to go away! We're also getting an Arctic blast of cold - it's 0 right now.
 
We got a bit of snow and the artic blast @jaydub63. Decided to take tree down today. Need some stuff moved around and decided I will take advantage of son who is going back home tonight. Need him to move old bike to garage so I have space for new one and need desk waiting for me to refinish to basement. Trying not to aggravate right hip too much. Stay warm!
 
Back
Top Bottom