THR MammaT’s Matched Set

And neighbor, who is in awesome shape, just told me she is struggling with knee. I just texted her about BoneSmart.
 
Well, that’s a result getting the drive cleared. How long does the snow usually last? Let’s hope it’s not to long after the op.
 
We can have some snow into early April- it just really depends . . .
 
Oh, @MammaT, pretty soon you'll be in recovery! Won't that be a blessing. Hugs while you count the days, the hours and then. . .finally it will be here. You are so patient. I'd be climbing the walls.:yay:
 
Oh @zinnia, you have been through so much more than I. Oh, and I may be doing some wall climbing, but in between, giving house a thorough cleaning. Don’t care if bad hip gets irritated at this point, it will soon be history! :spin:
 
Sitting in dental chair yesterday for cleaning, it occurred to me if the dentist discovered a cavity and asked if it was hurting really bad yet and I said “no, just off and on” and he said “well, when pain gets unbearable, let me know and we'll take care of it”, I would think he was crazy. That cavity would not get better and whould get to unbearable.

Incredible that with hips we try to guess what is the magical pain threshold. We will delay it for a variety of reasons and can end up with more pain than necessary. Granted, hip surgery is more involved than a dental procedure, but the underlying principle is the same-once it starts going bad there is one outcome.

I am so looking forward to getting this right hip over with. The fluency and intensity is slowly but steadily increasing. The gait shift continues. Excruciating yet no. But I have had that with left hip and don’t need that experience again. I’m hoping to beat that clock, but even if it goes today, I won’t be putting up with it as long as I did with first.

Just an early morning ramble.
 
Perfect comparison MammaT.
I am super happy that even though I had two years of doctors failing to diagnose my bad hips...possibly because if my age...my OS had no hesitation, in discussing my first X-ray's , to telling me THR was an inevitability if I wanted my life back. He also said that medication or injections would most likely be off no consequence.
I would've liked to have kept all my body parts in tact and not have the concerns of prosthetic hips, but life without hip pain and the ability to sleep is worth all the recovery struggles!
 
Maybe cause he didn't have time to give you antibiotics @MammaT ? I'd get it fixed have your hip doc give you antibiotics .... HUGE healing hugs
 
Two weeks until double hippy time, MammaT.
Hope you are eating well and have all your little helper grabbers and things in order.
I totally didn't do anything prior to surgery.
Better half spent my first days home out finding all the stuff I realized I needed.
Stay well and eat well and be well.
 
Went to joint class yesterday. Seeing os first thing this morning. Waiting for one last delivery-a long handled dust pan to make clean up from cats easier. Will start list of what I want out on counters/table this weekend and get “command center” around recliner set up (have to try it all out to make sure it is right). Making some adjustments based on what worked/didn’t work last time.

Hip is talking louder and more frequently. Have noticed sleep is increasingly restless. Not as bad as last time- hoping to win that race!

Maintaining very good eating habits!
 
Sounds like you have it all under control.
Certainly remember my command center...asks my little basket strapped to walker with all my essentials. Also SO fashioned a zip tie holster for grabbers.
Ah, memories.
Well, thankfully this isn't your first rodeo. Hoping this one will be even easier (?) than the last.
 
Getting ready for final countdown. Hope to hear about preop testing appointments today. When I talked with doc yesterday, since I am not in total excruciating pain, I asked him if he really felt hip merited surgery, he looked st X-rays, looked at me, pointed back at X-rays and said “ you have severe osteoarthritis, yes, I find every justification for replacement.”

He also confirmed that muscular pain in left hip coming from compensation. He said left hip placement is excellent and he has no concerns about it. He believes that with my matched set, life will be very good.

To confirm doctor assessment, hip decided to be painful most of the day, maybe because I gave myself permission to acknowledge pain.

Need to get some stuff wrapped up at work and some home stuff. Looking forward to matched set.
 
Yay...good to know all is a go.
I'm glad you will be back in the healing side soon.
Hope you have a lovely week.
 
Sounds like you are more than ready for anything. I remember those last couple of weeks being so hard, but I had Thanksgiving and a business trip to distract me and it went by quickly. You'll be on the other side with your matched set before you know it.
 
Thanks @jaydub63 as I recall you had a pretty nice business trip. Work will be busy the next seven business days and will finish house stuff the next two weekends. Will have a nice super bowl meal with son the night before op!
 
@MammaT I keep thinking you are in March and you are just a couple days behind me!! Hopefully I will be home for the SB Eagles fan and all!!!

Of course these joints think they have permission to act up these last days...final hurrah

What's going in your command center? Must haves? I just have not wrapped my brain around the fact that life is going to slow down significantly post op. Guess I'm going to dig out my chrome cart with wheels (probably do me in because its in the garage covered with junk) and put it to work. Can I wheel it and use it as a walker? Just seems like it would be easier to move stuff around from recliner to the study where I have a bed set up.
 
Back
Top Bottom