Guest viewing is limited

THR MammaT’s Matched Set

I told my sons their dad would have had quite a bit to say about some of my spending since he died (although most of it has gone to house improvements). My boys (29 and 26 and very self sufficient) both said I need to do what I want. The process of redefining yourself after loss of spouse is interesting. Honestly, that’s part of why I am moving sooner on right hip. Life is too short to be tied down and sit on sidelines watching if there is something you can do about it. I’ll get my matching st of hips and be ready to enjoy retirement when it comes!
 
Good for you @MammaT.
You need to get out and get some life out of life....raised two self sufficient boys and put in 30 yrs...and after Recovery Thing, you will be good to go.
So sorry for the loss of your husband...my better half is 19 years my senior so odds are at some point I will be living without him.
Can't fathom it honestly as he's my rock.
But we do what we must.
Winnie the Pooh holds my mantra...
"Always remember
You are braver than you believe
Stronger than you seem
And smarter than you Think"
 
And calm...he doesn't get upset even if he messes up.
I have a book called the Tau of Pooh, also one called the Te of Piglet.
But it is interesting that you can classify almost all you know by a Milne character.
Rabbit...the busy busy busy.
Piglet...the worrier.
Eeyore...the pessimist.
Tigger...the hyper and happy.
Owl...the academic know-it-all,
knows nothing.
And so on.
I'm a tigger mostly...
Wish I was the calm naive Pooh.
 
I have a tigger cross stitch I did. I alternate between tigger and owl (quite the mix!)
 
The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs. Whoo hoo hooo! :wowspring:
Me and you in 2018!:friends:
 
Thanks for al:sleep::tree2;ways coming to support me @MammaT it breaks my heart on your husband but I am so glad on your new hip soon
 
Slept in today did you....? Thought I'd see you up serving up that sage advice and comfort I've seen every morning.
I get on to my twentysomethings children for staying on their devices too much.
My daughter said, you have been yours for over an hour.
I told her it's different:umm:
 
Thanks @MyAussieGirl. My husband’s passing was sad but part of life. I have learned much from it.

Yes @Mojo333 i slept in! Have been dealing with bad uti this week :eeeuw: feeling better. Agree devices are different for us! Have a good day!
 
You too. Hate you've been feeling bad.
Looks like we are in for some cold rainy weather down here.
I guess it's time...it IS December.
It was 75 and sunny yesterday.
Got some new all weather boots on order. Hope they get here soon.
 
Yay- mojo went Shopping! Currently 29 here, chance for snow Saturday
 
I got a pair of tennis shoes Sunday. Not cute, just plain black sketchers but oh my stars My feet and hips are happier. They have memory foam and good sport and traction. My recovery was alot of barefooting it and my old shoes had uneven wear that was obviously not good for me.
I AM glad I went. I hate spending money on myself. Seemed like as soon as I do, there is an unexpected bill...year-end property taxes will be due...I'm a cheapskate when it comes to myself.
We had a TV station show up unexpectedly to do a cameo on food bank yesterday, so glad I didn't have my former rags on:blush:
 
@MammaT - did you get my email with the flow chart? I hope you start feeling better - you deserve it with how you make everyone else feel better!
 
Lol-haven’t checked email. Will look tonight and get back with you.need to get ready for work in a few.
 
You have me beat @MammaT only 16 degrees here currently.
A high of 21 degrees today and a sweltering 35 on Sunday....bikini weather Lol! :swim:
Hope you have a good one...
 
Really hasn’t been too bad yet this season. All part of that whole forcseasons stuff.
 
Back
Top Bottom