Guest viewing is limited

THR MammaT’s Matched Set

Had a wonderful day @Layla! Youngest son came over and we cooked our traditional dinner and ate way too much! While decorating Christmas tree, right hip let me know it is becoming less happy. Took some tylenol and went on with it.
 
Glad you had a good day. What's in store for right hip or are you not there yet?
 
Surgery scheduled for February 5. Pain nowhere as bad as left was, and my hope is it doesn't get there before surgery. Having enough increasing discomfort (I prefer to think of 1-3 level that way) going up steps, off and on while walking to let me know it is thinking about misbehaving. Also get some discomfort in replaced hip, but I think that is because of subtle gait changes. Much easier to deal with when you recognize the path! Not necessarily the situation in which I ever wanted to say "not my first rodeo", but it's not my first rodeo and I don't mind being a bit proactive instead of being a martyr like I was was left! I have a life to live and I am doing to do what I can.
 
Here's hoping that February comes quickly for both of us on the February surgery list! :martini:

I'm glad your right hip isn' too bad at the moment. Mine seems to have gotten worse. So much pain at night and while laying down. I do so much better up and around. :walking:
 
I agree @MammaT
I wouldn't wait as long as I did the first time should my other hip go.
You realize there are no rewards in suffering once you've experienced the relief surgery provides.
I hope all stays status quo until February so you don't have to be miserable.
Wishing you a great weekend!
 
Should be good weekend. Had great Thanksgiving with youngest son-he left this afternoon. Going to step-son's tomorrow and get to see three grandsons while we watch Ohio State-Michigan (he is OSU fan, she is Michigan-always a fun time)
 
So, went to step son's to watch OSU-Michigan. My three year old grandsons kept trying to make escapes outside. One young lady went running after one of the boys, then his twin went running in the opposite direction. Mama went chasing after him and caught him, brought him back into house and of course he wanted chased some more so we did a couple of laps of house, including upstairs. I remember when I could not have done that, and while the right hip did some talking to me afterwards, the left was great. Being able to do that kind of stuff made the surgery worth it!
 
Getting closer for you @MammaT .
Then you will be in the double hippy club. Your encouragement to others here is invaluable. We will be patting your head soon. Hope you are hanging in there as I don't hear much complaining on your part. Hope you have a Good Day.:roseshwr:
 
Well, since the intermittent pain stays at 5 or lower, nothing to complain about-it just is what it is. Driving is bothersome and that is part of why I want fixed up. Since I am on my own, I need my mobility! I find this site so positive and helpful, I wish it hadn't been messed up with my first surgery and I could have used it more. Even though I couldn't post much, I was able to read and knew I wasn't crazy! Have a good day and hope Dad is somewhat under control! Why are we both up so early?
 
? Always been early riser...and I'm guessing you don't sleep comfortably. I remember I would be so glad to get UP.
I like the mornings...listening to the birds wake up, hot coffee...lord, getting older really has made me delight in benign things.
Downside is, by 8:30, I'm dozing in recliner...stick a fork in me...I'm done. Time change doesn't help. Feels like 10 and only 7.
Tonight the reception is at 7 so I may need a cup of coffee to get through it. I'm supposed to give a short synopsis of my dad's career at food Bank...means I will have to find something speaker worthy to wear. Unfortunately the heels I have to wear with my dresses aren't hip friendly so may just go more casual.
They all know me...so they won't be expecting flash.
 
I sleep pretty comfortably. Busy day at work today-preparing annual budget (only around 36 million to keep track of). Also as I am getting older I am becoming my mother-I used to kid her about early rising. Kids be careful-the commercial is right-we become our parents!
 
glad to read you sleep comfortably, a decent sleep makes a huge difference. I'm quite enjoying my afternoon naps, but even typing that seems to add a few years but hey I'm so past caring if it makes me feel better. Good luck with the annual budget.
 
Is that a scaredy cat thing above @MammaT
What are you afraid of?
 
Good point @Tomgirl! Unfortunately, I don't have a need for anything stronger than tylenol right now! Hearing went well. Still have final clean up to do. Boss ok'd putting in a couple of projects we discussed. Taking the night off from work. Going to set up the iPad I bought myself. . . . I told myself it is because it will be easier to use when I get right hip done in February, but truth is, I just wanted one. But I haven't let myself open the box until today--it is my treat for dealing with stupid budget the past couple of weeks. Had to follow bone smart advice of being good to myself!
 
Back
Top Bottom