Guest viewing is limited

THR MammaT’s Matched Set

Amazing thing today at church. Even though it has been 14 months or so since lthr, squatting was still something I had to think about--make sure I had something handy to help me up. I dropped something and realize, without thinking, I squatted down, picked it up and stood back with no support or wobbling. It's the little things that make me happy!
 
@MammaT you will continue to have these little surprises as recovery can take many months. This is just amazing surgery!
 
And since I turned 63 yesterday, it may be slower recovery in some ways-but it is well worth it!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Went to OS today--saw physician assistant (who I also really like). Got X-rays of both hips--left looks great--right hip has lots of arthritis, spurs, and not much space. Told her that while the pain is no where near what the left was when I finally waived the white flag of surrender, I would prefer not to have it get to that point. Since he is currently scheduled three months out--I went ahead and got set up for February 5, 2018. I currently am starting to have discomfort while driving and the groin pain, etc. I am hoping that recovery will be easier if I don't let it completely go. Having been through this before, I know that in three months, it can change quite a bit.

@MyAussieGirl -- won't make it on this year's deductible! Luckily I have a flex spending plan so I can take the deductible/out of pocket out of that. Also, I am fortunate that I still work and have a decent salary, so I won't complain. February gets me through the holidays and maybe I can lose this last 5 pounds before then!
 
Happy birthday late but Happy I hope mine is Friday we are Scorpio,.
Glad on job and flex spending I'm always looking for ways to get OUR money's worth .... Smart also on decent holiday season then heal while the weather stinks :dancy:
 
Hmmm. . . it may help if I learn to spell scorpio! Oh well, I am sure that is a side effect of surgery and I just have completed recovered!
 
Hey @MammaT . Following your good will and generous spirit in the forum. Heard you mention the food bank...much more labor intensive than folks think, eh?
Behave and try not to aggravate that bad hip....hope you have peaceful weekend
 
Hi @Mojo333 -food bank is at our church once a month. It is tough work (especially since I have an office job!), but so gratifying to help the folks. Most are so grateful. I will try not to aggravate it--but I have an end in sight! I will have a good weekend--but am spending a bit of time tonight with my friend the ice pack!
 
Amazing thing today at church. Even though it has been 14 months or so since lthr, squatting was still something I had to think about--make sure I had something handy to help me up. I dropped something and realize, without thinking, I squatted down, picked it up and stood back with no support or wobbling. It's the little things that make me happy!
Boy, I can't wait to do that again.....gardening will be so much easier.:kitty:
 
Hey @MammaT . Bet you'll be so glad when it's your turn again.
We will be there for you as you have been so encouraging and helpful to so many.
Hope your bad hip is hanging in there.
Double hippy club will get here before you know it:hi:
 
Can't wait! Although I have too. Looking forward to holidays. If hip decides to get worse (which it is giving hints of) at least the end is in sight. Get new shoes-they make a difference @Mojo333 !
 
Just wanted to stop by and say Hi @MammaT
I've read so many of your thoughtful posts here and there which I'm quite sure
have benefited many. Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving!
 
Back
Top Bottom