THR MammaT’s Matched Set

@MammaT I am having some of the same pain as you from the inner though to knee. All of these muscles I knew nothing about before! @AgilityDog I'm very thankful for Bonesmart too! Don't know how we would get through this without each other! :roseshwr:

Been thinking I should have pain more attention to anatomy back in school, but who knew we would need to understand @hipster333!

Mine is working out a bit. I really think being laid up last week didn’t help. Doing more icing, back to bike, and have gotten steps almost back to where I was. Instead of jumping back to it all on Saturday when worst of tooth pain was over, I have done a more gradual increase over 6 days. Plan on discussing with os on Tuesday. Don’t think it’s anything that warrants a call sooner.

Hope you are having a good day!

Yes, @MammaT - we're learning the hard way how "the hip bone connects to the thigh bone" - dem bones!

:hi:
Hope that knee gives you a reprieve this weekend.
Bet this recovery mess is starting to get old.
You know how much Better it will be so know we are rooting for you!
Hope you have great weekend !:SUNsmile:

Thanks @Mojo333. Things are evening out. Still healing, obviously, but walking going well and sleep is returning to normal. According to my Fitbit, I now have fewer restless minutes/ wake up then prior surgery.

I am feeling good today that I am having a normal Saturday for me. I am doing meal prep for the week, laundry, regular cleaning chores. I am taking time out to ice. I may not be as quick as I normally am, but it feels good. Putting away some of the things I had out for easy accessibility.

Looking forward to os visit Tuesday. Will discuss various muscle issues. I think it is still mainly I need to give time time.

Great update - the start to return to normal, but a new, better normal!

Morning MammaT.
Wishing you a good day

Thanks @Mojo333. Planning on good day.

At 6 weeks out still have some stiffness/soreness. Not like the presurgery pain. More like getting muscles/tendons working together. Hit just over 9,000 steps yesterday, and was tired at end of day. Go to see doc tomorrow to discuss progress and back to work plan. I know I am a couple of weeks away from full-time, but may start part time Wednesday if doc is ok.

Have a good day!

@MammaT I'm so glad you are doing so well! Are you feeling ready to go back to work on Wed? Work might be a good distraction and you said you have lots of flexibility so that's good. Hoping your OS apt goes well tomorrow!

Wise to try part time if you feel up to it. Love the 9000 steps! Don't love stiff muscles but even slow/steady sometimes still has stiffness. Here's to a good appointment tomorrow!

Hit over 10,000 today. Did 30 minute walk and thirty minutes on bike (with ice after each). Sat in pub table chair quite a bit today while clearing work emails but was careful to get in the 250 steps every hour and right now everything feels good. We’ll see what hip says tomorrow!

Me too. You are doing well.:tada:

Os visit went well. Met with pa, who I also really like. No need for any pt at this time, other than my walking, bike, and stretches. Current niggles are healing continuing and things getting back to functioning normally. Go back to work starting Thursday for first two weeks at 20 hours per week being only restriction. Starting Thursday because we are getting snow here over night and if we get the five inches they are calling for, I don’t need to venture out.

She wants me to continue focusing on lengthening and widening stride. Said gait is good, just needs to get back to more natural (but she did point out I am walking better now than before surgery). And she reminded me ice is still my friend. She promises the rest of the swelling will go away when it is ready.

No side effects from yesterday’s activity so did about the same today. Will probably have to do many laps inside the house tomorrow since I have no desire to tromp through snow yet!

If you do venture out in the snow, be extra careful- we don't want you slipping and jarring yourself. You sound like you're doing so well.

How did your first day back at work go @MammaT? Glad everything went so well with os. Hopefully you didn’t get too much snow.

First two days went well. Actually only worked four hours each day. My office got painted while I was off. A bunch of my stuff was moved in the process, and while they tried to put everything back where it was, some files, etc., are intermingled so I am spending some time sorting stuff I had sorted before I left. Just kept telling myself to breath.

Am working on routine of keeping up with walking and bike while working. Am trying at least 15 minutes on bike before work to loosen up. Walking on break. When back full time will walk for part of lunch hour. Now that it gets dark later I can walk after work.

I will admit after I went to grocery after work today when I came home I dozed off in recliner. Glad I am part time for two weeks! But got up after a hit and got my 30 minute walk in. The current route has me tired st the end so I am not going to add to it until it starts feeling like less of a challenge (trying to pay attention to not to excess). Happy to say I am hitting 12,000-13,000 steps a day (this includes bike). Am hoping over next couple of months I can get more towards 15,000.

It is so good to be back amongst the moving!

Sounds like you have it all sorted. I expect you could,ve done without having to rearrange your stuff when you first went back- the worst I had to contend with was finding my coffee mug!
I'm really impressed with how you are planning and fitting movement breaks into your day.
Fantastic step count! Many non-hippies don't achieve that!

Glad you are doing well....hope your weekend is relaxing:wave:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Alwaysknitting