Guest viewing is limited

THR MammaT’s Matched Set

Mowing the yard is now on the horizon. The young man who mowed for me the last couple of years has moved on to a real job. I enjoy yard work and am looking forward to seeing how my matched set handles it.
Slow and easy now..that "yard" word scares me...you know us Bumblebees!
 
Great reading your posts and seeing that you are doing so well and getting on with your life.
 
So, been gone for awhile--for some reason life gets busy. Regarding mowing--hips were fine with it, but heat intolerance was horrible. After first mowing session, got over heated. Went to Subway close to house, thought eating would help the shakes feeling. Long story short, passed out. While I was laying on the floor, waiting for the squad called by the teenage staff, one of the girls brought a chair over and lifted my legs up on it and all I could think was "Don't hurt my hips!" Was fine of course, just have to watch the heat and stay hydrated. My ego was bruised, but the hips were wonderful.

Hip continues improvements daily. Still won't say I am 100% but it is so good being out of pain. Still ice occasionally if I have been too active. Working on getting more regular with longer walks--still trying to get the five pounds post surgery off. Still have numbness in part of thigh, larger area than I remember with right, but that also is improving.

I am surprised at how many people comment "You walk really good with two hip replacements." I kind of thought that was the point to the surgery!
 
Nice to see you back with an update @MammaT! Oh boy, that must have been a little scary to pass out after mowing. Glad to hear all is well with your matched set!
 
I'm glad you're doing well in general and no lasting issues from overheating. I hope you did hire someone to do the grass. I've always had issues with overheating but they've been worse this year. Not sure how much is the weather and not having a sufficient transition from cold to hot.

Don't be such a stranger - I'd love to hear from you more often!
 
Working on getting more regular with longer walks--still trying to get the five pounds post surgery off. Still have numbness in part of thigh, larger area than I remember with right, but that also is improving.
7 lbs here:boohoo: wish we could say its the new hardware. :snork: also have the numbness accompaned by nerve zingers. All the best to you Mamma!
 
:wave:@MammaT
I'm so glad you weren't badly hurt falling out like that!!

So good to know you are doing well four months after number two.
Hot and super humid here already.
Please take care and thanks for the update.:) :-) (:
 
Thanks @Mojo333. I think I really need this site to remind me I am still recovering (especially when I think I am healed!)
 
I can give you a what for if you need it:giggle:
4 months is not healed, but it's certainly when I expanded my activities...and hit the ODIC a few times.
Stay well and keep the faith. You've got this.:) :-) (:
 
@MammaT Scary experience. Glad you're ok. Stay hydrated and take care of yourself. Hugs!
 
I’ve passed out from the heat before, but it’s been a while. Once I even got a concussion from it, so I’m relieved that you’re fine. And I agree with @Mojo333 that you’re still healing even if you’re feeling better.

I hope you continue to improve, and find someone to mow your lawn! Thanks for the update @MammaT !
 
Officially hit the four month mark. Biggest complaint is it band in left hip! I was having issues with it before right replacement. Since it is more off than on, I think it is my body still getting adjusted to two functioning hips. It would also probably help if I would do stretches for it on a regular basis! I have to watch my tendency to over do things and carry things heavier than I should. Never realized how much pressure that puts on hips until mine started going south.

Can not complain about recovery, it is still continuing and the more I read on this site, the more I realize how normal I am. Looking forward to continued improvements as healing continues--It takes longer than I want to give it.
 
:hi:
I have to watch my tendency to over do things and carry things heavier than I should.
I have the same tendency and my muscles will still let me know it.
I try to edit myself.
Happy four month hipversary for number two. Glad for update.
Hope those IT issues ease soon.:flwrysmile:
 
They might resolve sooner if I didn’t wear heels! Just can’t resist some days....
 
Back
Top Bottom