THR MammaT’s Matched Set

Glad your first days went so well. A new computer system can definitely be challenging! I'm sure you'll catch on quickly. I remember when I came back from mat leave (1 year) with my first they had moved offices and lost all of my files. They never were found. It was so frustrating!! At least you managed to find the files. :yes: Have :flwrysmile:a great week this week!
 
Having prettty good weekend. I am experiencing some energy drain. Polished brass and helped with clean up at church yesterday getting ready for Holy Week. Didn’t get much else done, except some walking and bike and FaceTime with kids. Energy lull this afternoon after church, so rested for awhile.

Just finished my 30 minute walk and am icing. Felt pretty good. Stride is lengthening and getting looser. Still working on all numbness and swelling leaving. Numb patch, which was a lot of top of thigh, is getting smaller. Of course,as some of the nerves wake up, I get more twinges, etc., but nothing unexpected as muscles and tendons get used to working right.

Hope everyone has had a good weekend.
 
I'm glad you're able to ease back into work. Enjoy the rest of the day as you relax and recharge!
 
Good morning MammaT.
Glad all is proceeding well with your entrance into double Hippydom.
Monday:sorry:
Coffee break over...back on our heads!
Hope you have a Good Day !:ok:
 
You too @Mojo333. Sounds like you have had some rough patches. Hope dad continues to heal.

I am liking double hippydom! I know it will still take some time to get them evened out. Unless something dramatic pops up I am not worrying about the niggles, just observing them. I figure (and os and pa agree) that the three month mark will be time to see how they are really working together.

Unfortunately it just takes time to get these muscles, tendons, gait to get back to normal and while that is happening some things will complain. It seems like one area gets resolved and another can pop up almost saying “my turn to heal.” Right it band continues to settle down a bit at a time. Hope to increase outside walk some point this week, waiting until hips not feeling fatigued at end of current, if that makes sense. I will then increase by another block. Hope to be able to handle one of my 2 mile tracks at the 3 month mark, give or take.

Good luck getting back on track at work this week. I’m still digging out from under stuff.
 
Unfortunately it just takes time to get these muscles, tendons, gait to get back to normal and while that is happening some things will complain. It seems like one area gets resolved and another can pop up almost saying “my turn to heal.”
So true!
Kind of a...Now What?
Your experience keeps you from being so anxious about it.
Seems like I had different symptoms weekly:shrug:
I'm super behind and hoping Dad will just be satisfied resting this week...NOT.
He is already bemoaning the no driving for 6 weeks which makes my DH official chauffeur and he is making a list of things that HAVE to get done:sigh:
Hope you get caught up.
 
Thursday, then Friday!
Yay.
Hope you are having a good week and thanks for the what-for on Dads situation.
I needed that!
Hope your Easter Weekend is sweet.:) :-) (:
 
Thursday work is done. Could get used to part time, but I like full time pay. Will probably wait until December of 2019 after I hit 65 due to insurance, but this recovery is showing me retirement can be sweet.

Looking forward to a relaxed, quiet weekend
 
I like the sound of of part time work for full time pay- or better still job share. I'd let someone else do the job and share- no have the wages. :loll:
 
Hope your week is going well and that you had a great Easter weekend.
Don't think I'll ever get to retire but have contemplated if I quit at some point and have to be a bum on the street...I will be a beach bum. They are the cleanest bums:heehee:
 
Last edited:
Hi @MammaT, :wave: I am just getting around to looking at some of the other forums. It looks like you are about 3 weeks ahead of me. It is inspiring to hear how your are doing and that you are getting back to work. I am suppose to head back next week but think I need to reconsider, or ask if I could start back part time for the first week or two. I sit and my job and am seeming to have some issues with my piriformis or ischial bursitis. I am trying to walk a bit more but where I live we have had the lovely spring snow... and I too am not to keen about tromping out in the snow and ice...:scaredycat:

Glad to hear that things are going quite well for you :yes:
 
Echo above sentiments and add that I hope all is well with you.
:hi:
 
@MammaT I just read an article this morning about the number of people who are un-retiring after trying it out for a bit and deciding it’s not for them. I’ve actually un-retired a couple of times, and who knows, now that I have a new hip I may just give it another go yet. Or maybe not :heehee:
 
Hi @MammaT, just catching up on the forum after a busy week. Glad to read you are doing well and getting about a bit more..:flwrysmile:
 
Hello @MammaT checking in after being away for awhile - great to hear you are doing so well and are back to work part-time!
 
Good morning all. Recovery is going well. Am now back to work full time. Inflammation in thigh continues to improve. Still have a numb spot, but it is getting smaller. Backed off on some of exercise (shortened time) and think that helped-had to get out of over did it club.

Really feel like hips have leveled out. Going to pick up a couple of pairs of new shoes this weekend and transition to something other than athletic shoes and sketchers. Mowing the yard is now on the horizon. The young man who mowed for me the last couple of years has moved on to a real job. I enjoy yard work and am looking forward to seeing how my matched set handles it. After so many activities put on hold the last few years with bad hips, I am optimistic.

It is so nice to not have to take anything for pain. I know my hip still has healing to do, so things are going to continue to improve. If you are still in the early days/weeks, hang in there-it keeps getting better!
 
:mcoffee: morning MammaT
Just getting my coffee and so happy to hear your update!:ok:
You are an inspiration for others on how to recover in a smart patient way.
So happy for you and for life without hip pain!!:yes!:
 
Thanks @mojo. Just got caught up with work and home stuff and realized how long it had been since I checked in. Don’t want to loose touch yet- I know there are more healing phases to go that I need to pay attention to!

And I am back to my early wake up time, but now I don’t wake up from pain!

Off to get second cup of coffee.
 
And I am back to my early wake up time, but now I don’t wake up from pain!

That's so great isn't it! I feel so grateful for the same reasons.
Hope you have a great week:happydance:
 

Staff online

  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom