THR MammaT’s Matched Set

@MammaT oooh toothache not sure what's worse that or hip but I bet the tooth extraction is a quicker recovery eh?? Saying that you are doing brilliantly lovely lady!! So happy for you and may it continue
 
Hope your weekend is peaceful.
Just over one month and spring is springing.
All will be well with the world before we know it!
 
Just heard birds singing so spring is trying to come. Looking at flowers beds, trying to make plans. Won’t do lots this year, but will be more than last year, so progress.

From laying around last couple of days nursing tooth extraction, hip got a bit stiff. Since every step shookthe jaw, I didn’t get many steps in. Today is looking better, so I know I will work it out and get back on track.

Have a nephew and his son coming in from out of state this weekend so looking forward to spending time with them.

Hope you get some country time @Mojo333- it sounds like you need it.
 
I guess a bit of TLC in order this weekend- and a nice heat pack for jaw pain.
 
:wave:Hope that your jaw pain is easing, MammaT.
Sounds like the hip is doing nicely.
Love that spring is coming and glad time changed.
My internal clock never did and with the lack of sleep pre-op, I was asleep by 9 and up at 3.
Ten and four seems a little more normal.
Hope you have a Good week:SUNsmile:
 
Planning on a good week. Jaw is feeling more human. Will work on loosening hip back up. Just decided to focus on one thing at a time.

I may go out this morning to get some new athletic shoes with no wear pattern. My old ones weren’t that old, but I had worn them for several months.

Very pleased with where I am at 5 week mark. Sleep is regulating. Not using cane around house. Energy level is coming back. Still going for slow and steady. I know how easy it is to overdo it and that by being sensible I will have quicker long term results.

I hate the time change- I just wish we would pick one time and stay with it!
 
Hi @MammaT, great positive update. Glad jaw improving and you sound really upbeat about your hip too.
Hope you've had a successful shopping trip and are sporting brand spanking new footwear! You'll be running round the block in no time- or perhaps not. Better walk before any of us even dream about running.
 
Lovely update. Glad that your extraction pain is easing. Hope you were able to get some new sports shoes.
 
I think it is amazing how something as small as a tooth can grab your attention and twist it until you 'tap out'.:wowspring:Wishing you all the best:friends: and hope your mouth will let you concentrate on your Hip:wink:. As it should be.:wave:
 
Took the easy way for shopping. I like the walking shoes I had purchased last August, so I went on line at dsw and ordered the same thing in black to be delivered home ( got black leather so it won’t look quite as bad at work). Once movement is better (bending, etc.) I’ll venture out for some actual dress shoes for work.

Since most of my shoes are still in decent shape (just my concern over wear pattern) I will take to group at church that hands out gently used footwear at our monthly food bank.

Doing three outings today-visit to internist 9 for regular check up, lunch with nephew and church council tonight. Luckily have break time in between each. Will be a good test of where I am.
 
Sounds like a busy day @MammaT. let us know how the hip does. Do all of the outings wear you out or are you doing well that way? I guess I should look at getting new shoes--after a couple of years on them, mine will have the wear pattern. :sad:
 
Outings went well. Most blood work ok. Endocrinologist will probably adjust thyroid meds next month since I have a rise in tumor marker, but I showed less suppression so he will figure out ratio. It is possible in the gloppy post surgery phase, I may have skipped a couple of doses. That’s a worry for another day.

Inner thigh to knee pain yesterday and today. Got reading in another thread and there is description of someone else having pain in same area. Josephine suggested it was sartorius muscle. Amazing how somebody somewhere on here is experiencing what you are.

Going to ice and try not to overdo.
 
Hi @MammaT you seem to be recovering nicely. Good idea to take it easy and let those muscles rest. I take thyroid meds too (hypothyroid) and have been concerned about missing a dose or two in the post-op haze. Of course in my need to over-prepare for EVERYTHING I made a meds chart for a visible reminder. Plus I have a medication app on my phone. And I have my thyroid meds in a daily pill box. Could there possibly be anything that I missed? :heehee: My husband is a saint.
 
Oh I have meds right beside me. Of course, I am to take on empty stomach, and that got violated a couple of times!
 
I have determined, in all my wisdom:rotfl: that some days thyroid Rx is better less than one hour before compared to none at all. @MammaT and @AJinNH You guys will like this..... Visiting PCP and new assistant goes over my medications "112 mg synthroid, she says. I say, no, Microvrams. She says mg. I say No, please make sure it is Micrograms because there is a large difference and this drug is given in Micrograms. OH. " I have been resting like a :sleep: ( no :zzz:, @Layla I agree, but perhaps someone likes Smurfs) I made a list of things to accomplish today. My phone reminds me to move every hour. I'm going to do one little project every hour. I think that will be a better idea for me & getting back to normal as I heal.

I was thinking:shocked: this morning how happy I am that I have a new hip:loveshwr:. I am thankful for BoneSmart.
 
Back
Top Bottom