THR MammaT’s Matched Set

Yay for break , Yay for sons birthday, Yay for fishing, Yay for you feeling better...
Glad to see you are doing well.
:wave:
 
Be careful. You DO need a confidence booster.
There goes Mr Coffee's final burp.
Hope you are having a cup of Joe and listening to the birds wake up.
It went back into the 30s last night, Brrrr! Ready for spring.
 
Actually I was told at 2 week visit driving was up to me (as long as not on meds). I can get in and out of car well. Was waiting for more of swelling to go down. Swelling is different with this hip than last. Drive is only about three blocks. Off to second cup.
 
Mine is a year behind...turned 29. It is hard to believe!
 
:mcoffee: morning .
Hitting the one month mark for right hip. :ok:Sounds like you are doing well as you've taken a very responsible protocol for recovery.
Hope you have an easy does it Sunday. Guess the driving went OK
 
Made it to subway and back. Driving felt ok, but want to try a few more short drives before running around town-plus factor in how much I can walk when I arrive somewhere. Not rushing things definitely helps. Now at stage where each day shows progress. Getting around house fairly well without cane but use it when tired.

Plan for day is a couple of outside walks, trip to grocery close to house, walk in, pick up a couple of things.

Definitely better than I was. Healing pain is different than the old pain. Looking forward to seeing how the two hips work together in a couple of months!
 
I bet you will be so so good for the summer, MammaT!
What a wonderful thing we have done getting rid of that hip pain.
 
Happy Sunday @MammaT

Way to go! So glad you're doing well. Driving definitely gets is back to that "normal" feeling. Happy belated birthday to your son!

Have a lovely day!:flwrysmile:
 
@MammaT
You sound like you're doing great! Driving and then the bike. And going around house with no cane!
So happy to hear of all the progress. You will be all set for spring!
 
Made small grocery run. Only went up and down two aisles. It was nice to pick up the couple of things for next two dinners myself. Just got back from walk, made it all the way around the block. Took me 20 minutes, so no speedy award. In mid 40s here today but tons of sunshine. Even did a few steps outside without cane, but didn’t want to push that too much.

Now have legs up with ice. Will do some bike time before cooking dinner if hips aren’t complaining.
 
One month today. Released from home pt today. No need for outpatient. Walking around house without cane continues to get easier. Still have to concentrate on heel-toe walking, tough to lose bad habits.

Pt says continue walking. I think once rest of swelling leaves, current discomfort level will diminish (doesn’t bother me all the time and is much better than presurgery!)

Amazing to me, even though I have been through this before, how quickly, really, our bodies adapt. While total healing will take more time, it is nice to be on the way.
 
Wow! @MammaT, you are doing so very well. I am super impressed. It has taken me three months pos op to begin walking around the house inside and out without the cane. I hope the swelling continues to subside for you and the discomfort diminishes accordingly. I am having trouble heel/toe-ing it myself. I feel like I must look like one of those little babes at 11 month beginning to walk. Walking frightened my son at 11 months so badly he refused to do it again for another 2 months. I know how he felt!

Keep up the good work. You are an inspiration. :yes!:
 
I'm glad you're doing so well! Home PT for a month sounds wonderful. Keep practicing without the cane at home and you'll be good to go without it everywhere soon.
 
Just a matter of strength now I think, and not rushing too much. Did trip to my regular grocery, picked up a few things, feels like a days work! Having snack and icing, but felt good to be out.

@zinnia, from everything I’ve read, your revision surgery was more involved than my regular replacement. With your experiences the past couple of years, I think you are making a great recovery!

Agree @SaraK. Gets better each day.

Thanks @Bevlah!
 
Just trying not to push it too much. While I can drive my butt (yes, there is still swelling), doesn’t seem ready for any long distance. Had an appointment with endocrinologist for my thyroid cancer for March 21. Since I’m not sure about drive to Columbus (an hour drive and interstate), I rescheduled for later in April. I know what a significant difference a month can make. Right now, just work on increasing walking and getting rid of cane over the next couple of weeks.

We’re going to get there @Mireille!
 

Staff online

  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom