THR MammaT’s Matched Set

@MammaT - glad to see 2 week postop went well. Work is so crazy for me right now that I was considering phased return at 4 weeks provided all goes well. Made a decision not to do it even if I’m in splendid shape. I think taking the time we need, in spite of boredom, is the best route.
 
Maybe you could run up to Georgia and help her out @Mascaramom. Oh wait, probably a bit soon.

Lol. I'd love to help. I do enjoy shoe shopping although I never have anywhere to go to wear the ones I like lol

I recently visited Ellijay, Georgia ... 2 years in a row. The 1st time I had seen fall in 13 years. What a glorious vacation. It was during that vacation when I decided I would go for the surgery. When I couldn't make it up to the top of the mountain to see the waterfall with my family, I knew it was time.
 
Glad to see that you’re doing so well @MammaT and that you aren’t planning to join the ODI club anytime soon. Rest up and take care of that newborn hip.
 
Hope all is going well with you MammaT. No morning coffee rounds?
Hope that new hip is easing off and the weather is easing so that you are able to get some fresh air and sunshine.
It's been record highs here this week. In the 80s F.
Pollen had been giving folks fits.
Wishing you a healing weekend!
 
@MamaT just checking on you to make sure everything is ok. Missing your sunny disposition!
 
Hi @MammaT I bet you're out running around the block, right? No? Then I hope that you're taking good care of yourself and not overdoing it. Remember to rest, elevate and ice.
 
Hi MammaT. Hope that hip is healing well and that you are getting some sunshine and fresh air.
All the best to you.
 
Several in my group decided we would take a couple of weeks off social media things as part of Lenten reflections (we agreed none of us would make it the whole time!). Went on fb to wish son happy birthday-discovered he is completely off that! We are next focusing on eating healthier for two weeks.

Hip doing well. Pain is minimal. Walking around house part of day without cane. Today actually feels like some of swelling is breaking up (if that makes sense). Am back to using recumbent bike, up to 14 minutes. Have last in home pt visit on Monday. Docs office said they saw no reason for outpatient pt if in-home didn’t think it was needed. Since strength and gait are doing nicely, just going to keep up with walking and house stuff. Hopefully the numb area keeps getting smaller.
 
Welcome back @MammaT. I have to say that this is the first time I've done a forum so I was worried about you when you weren't posting. I'm happy to hear that you're doing so well and getting along a bit without the cane. Even biking already? Look at you go! :upright:
 
Everyone goes at their own pace. The bike was something I did before surgery. I am slower than I was, but it doesn’t hurt. The without cane has increased quickly the last couple of days. Last week I thought I was no where near ready. It seems like some of the stuff just clicks into place when body is ready. Even handling basement stair and doing laundry.
 
I was lucky on laundry - it's one thing I could leave to my 16 year old son since he had to start helping me 2 years ago when I started having problems with my first hip. I just sorted the laundry upstairs and sent him downstairs to handle the rest (other than folding/hanging once he brought things up). Now we're using the laundry chute again and I go downstairs once a week to sort and then he has to take over (I don't intend to tell him I could do the stairs more frequently now - it's good for him to help out and to know how to do it). At least, that's what I tell the angel on the other shoulder.
:good-bad:
 
Thanks @Alfie888. Was hoping your injection would be scheduled by now. Shutting down from the stuff is a bit refreshing. Still have not checked any work emails (I think I could retire!).

Was looking at fishing poles in garage. My son is coming over in a couple of weeks. I think we are going to reline.
 
Glad to hear you are doing so well! Is your son's birthday today? My son's is today too!
 
Yes @jlsotr-he turned 30 on March 2. Hard to believe!
 
Last edited:

Staff online

  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom