THR MammaT’s Matched Set

Well @BeBe keep in mind I can over plan and have been been through this before. I will have an extra side table next to recliner to hold electronics. I put a large strip outlet so I have extra chargers for phone, laptop, Ipad(yes I use all of them, plus a work computer). I will keep a stash of protein bars and saltine crackers ( so I can have something in stomach if I don’t feel like getting up). I’ll have some needle point and remote controls.

I don’t know about pushing a cart around. I got a tray off amazon that fits over top of walker. Very handy for carrying food, clothes, etc. also turns walker into a table. I also got a long handled litter scoop (2 cats), long handled dust pan.

I will also put frequently used spices, dry foods on counter so I don’t have to reach and skillet, etc. I will also make some meals ahead of time and put in freezer and have some things on hand to make crock pot meals.

The riser toilet seat with handles will go in bathroom. I have a shower chair for walk in shower and will keep hand held shower in place.

I just try to make sure stuff I will use is at waist level so I am not tempted to do something stupid.
 
Thinking of you @MammaT, your date is coming up! Yeah! I know you'll be happy to have it done. The waiting is the hardest part. But you'll be on the other side soon!:wowspring:Happy for you. . .a matching set. Wonderful! So glad the doctor confirmed that need for you. Puts your mind to rest. They call it elective but it isn't really, it's a necessity for another chance to function without pain.

I like your plan with the Super Bowl and son. Sounds like fun. Enjoy. Take special care these last few days. It won't be long now. Wishing you all the best. We'll all be waiting on the other side. So relieved for you. :yes!:
 
Sorry that hip is getting so bad.
Hope you have a peaceful day and weekend.
 
I plan on it @Mojo333. Doing more house stuff. Going to go watch 5 year old grandson wrestle on Sunday. Waiting to hear about 6 month old grandson in Arizona. He got put into hospital last night with a very strange rash on his torso. Waiting for blood cultures/ test results. Time difference doesn’t help. More worried about Logan than I am my hip. :sad:
 
Oh my stars...I hate when babies are in the hospital.
Hope news comes soon on what might be causing it.
I don't have grand babies yet, but am very close to my sisters.
They think Aunt Jodi is the bomb.
Praying all will be well :prayer:
 
I hope you get the results of your grandsons tests quickly and that he’ll be out of hospital soon. It’s so worrying, sending prayers for a speedy recovery :flwrysmile:
 
Thanks @Mojo333. He doesn’t have any on other symptoms (fever, etc.) still concerning. I can see why they think aunt Jodi is the bomb!
 
I hope you hear good news about your grandson quickly. It's so scary when the little ones are in the hospital. You don't need any additional stress before your big day either!
 
Is the worst when kids are sick but at least they're being proactive. I remember when my older son woke me by screaming in the middle of the night when he was 6 months old. Ran temp over 103 for 4 days then broke out in all over rash when fever broke. Scared the bejeebers out of me but ended up being Sixth Disease (also known as roseola). Nothing to worry about in long run. Hope your grandson's illness is diagnosed soon and it is something as simple as this!
 
This looks like eczema on steroids. They still have him in hospital. None of the tests, blood cultures has shown anything. They did a biopsy today, won’t have results until Monday. No fever, etc. doesn’t look a thing like rosella or fifths disease. Treating him with Benadryl and Tylenol. Vaseline on rash. Trying some cortisone on small area to see if it does anything. I really want to be there.:boohoo:
 
I hope they get it sorted out quickly, and I'm sure your family wishes you could be there too!
 
Son just texted. Little Logan is sleeping best he has in a week. The Vaseline seems to be helping calm the rash down. I hope they figure it out, but hopefully it is just a really angry eczema outbreak.
 
It's a terribly helpless feeling for you I'm sure.
Sorry for your anxiety.
Now I remember how many 'frights" I had to get through with my children. Will have another round with grandchildren when that happens...oh my stars!:thud:
 
The frights is a good way to describe it. And with the grandkids you also have the worry for your kids also. Going to get these hips in shape so I will b able to enjoy time with them. All of it together has me evaluating retirement plan.
 
Sending healing thoughts to your grandson @MammaT . It is hard when you are far away and feel that you should be there helping out. Sounds like you have everything ready for the surgery. Have you stocked up on ice packs? I did not see that on your list. Also, grabbers and sock aid unless you have help handy. May want to consider lots of non-skid bottomed fuzzy socks in every color matching your wardrobe. That's a good excuse for online shopping, lots of sales going on in January!
 
Oh my, @MammaT, what a worrisome situation. I hope there is a diagnosis for your wee grandson very soon. And I understand the worry you have, as well, for your own kids as they go through the waiting and the wondering of what this stuff is. Sounds painful for the little guy. So glad he has gotten some relief and can sleep a bit. Children can just scare the life out of you. I am hoping they can get something soon that will heal this business up for good and everyone can breath a sign of relief. Prayerful thoughts your way.
 
Back
Top Bottom