THR MajorHeidi is now a Hippie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@MajorHeidi You sound like you are doing great. My log leg left on day 4, if I remember right. I did the spreadsheet thing with my meds, too. Makes it so much easier.
 
Hey girl....MMM Log leg.:groan:..Mine probably for at least a week,,,,I think??? See I am forgetting for I am feeling pretty good today... Hard to lift the leg right?? That was the worse. Did you get one of those leg lifters? If not just use the other leg to lift...Like when your getting into bed. Its the beginning girl....just find that good chair...and do yourself a favor...don't do a lot of pt for at least the for two weeks. I was like look at me I can do it all...Then suffered awful....ankle pumps....just keep doing them...You are on your way...Guess what I did today??? I washed my car....week 5....feeling good...Take care and don't over do...Gets a little monotonous...the sitting and icing...just be patient...:flwrysmile:
 
@MajorHeidi Mine got better within the first couple of weeks. You will notice that it will get easier to lift it as time goes by.
 
Glad to hear that you are getting it all sorted out Claire :)
Post-op organisation plays a big part in making the recovery period easier,to deal with.

Keep those big meals coming too... lots of energy required (especially to avoid going for a late night tumble like i did loool).
 
This Wednesday!!!! I believe I am ready.... Driving has been pretty easy.This past week I have gotten up in the morning and moved around from the start. The first few weeks all I wanted to do was wake up...get my phone...ice pack....all the essentials and head right to my recliner...and stayed there...I mean I got dressed moved around made the bed...but was not really interested on doing anything else...You will see how you do Claire. I see some people moving around really fast. That was not me..I just couldn't LOL...Your body will let you know. Week 5 I still am sore and still trying to put that sock on...you find ways...lol. For the first few weeks I felt like the tin man in the wizard of Oz when waking up...SO Stiff...That is really getting better though...Hows you pain? Good? Thats really the key for if the pain is managed you can move around so much better..
 
Hi there @MajorHeidi - I have applied the THR prefix to your recovery thread :)

Sounds like you are recovering fabulously, well done :)
 
My log leg was pretty much gone Day 4-5 and definitely all gone Day 7. Actually went most of day with no cane. PT "marching" getting and other standing exercises much easier. I feel like its gaining strength.
What's a "THR tag"?
So happy you are doing well!:flwrysmile:
 
@Me2 THR tag shows by your thread, lets others know what surgery you had done. That was if someone is for example if someone is looking for a bilateral hip replacement thread, they look for BTHR tag.
 
Its log its log its big its heavy its wood, its log its log its better than bad its good.Wow @MajorHeidi home day after surgery, impressive.Take your time recovering, its not a race.Listen very carefully to your body,sleep as often as you can, the body repairs itself when sleeping, eat lots of protien, fruits, veggies, blah blah blah, lol.I drank a gallon of milk a day for my entire recovery and ate dozens of eggs.Sure I gained a few pounds, but the statue of David was chiseled out of a big fat block of marble.Bones and flesh need lots of nutrition.Congratulations, I'm anxious to follow your recovery. Peace.
 
Sounds like you've got it all sorted @MajorHeidi....spreadsheet for meds and friends to cook dinner...definitely the way forward......and that log leg....will be gone before you know it....gets easier every day. So glad all going well...take it easy...Chrissie x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
@MajorHeidi ,Claire take it easy log leg will go slowly away. You will be different but I had quite sudden swelling of knee after I got home - around 5 days out. It gradually went down over 3/4 days but was quite alarming as I was unprepared. So remember you are Very early days, hun.
We are very proud of you for doing so well so far.
Don't forget ice! Hope your day goes well,
Gill

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2
 
Just thought of that I found it really interesting and encouraging to feel muscles in leg waking up each time I did therapy exercises. I could feel the "log" not existing a little higher up on leg. Same with the numbness. As I do the 3x a day, I could feel the exercises working in the leg differently. Listen to your body and go with your own timeline. I really am finding the therapy exercises help get the feeling back. Oh the first time I did addiction/abduction felt soooo good. That soft tissue hadn't moved in years! Just my impression though.


Sheryl from Pittsburgh
LTHR on 4/2/2014
Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Me2 To get the blue tag for THR go to your thread and tag Jamie and Poppet. One of them can do it for you.
the mods have to do those...... Oh, maybe if you just use your iphone the blue tag doesn't show?
It would if you have a laptop.....
 
How's it going Claire?? 3 days post op....leg getting "lighter"? Everyday now will be better....smile and stay positive....you got this whupped now!! :flwrysmile::cheers:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom