THR MajorHeidi is now a Hippie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Three cheers for you! Now rest and listen to your body. Take care.
Annie
 
@MajorHeidi, awesome news, there is no place like home! Just remember the ice! It really is so important at this time! Continued success my friend!
 
Wow Claire ...home so fast....They asked me if I wanted to leave the next day...I said Noooo..lol...Please make sure you just relax and ice..This first week will be the week you pretty much stay put...for me it was anyways...Take care. Aren't you proud of yourself??? We all are...xo:yes!::happydance::yay:
 
Hurray for you! So lucky to go home in one day. There is no place like home! There is no place like home! :flwrysmile:So amazing to be able to have this surgery and be home to enjoy the weekend. :friends: I'm still so amazed that it could be so "easy." Did you hear? @Plumberbutt - he put his own shoes and socks on! We'll be able to do it soon, too! :cheers: And maybe even "do it" soon, too! :heehee:
 
@MajorHeidi You are doing AWESOME!!!! Keep up the GREAT recovery!!! Just AMAZING how well you are doing. You'll start feeling better now every day....some days maybe just a little, but there will be some type of milestone....it really is only downhill from here!! @Me2 I think maybe you should try to make hubby smile...you know you wanna!!!
 
Unbelievable that you are already home! Thrilled to hear how well you are doing and I know you are so glad to be back home soon! All you have to do now is rest, ice, elevate and take those meds and let your body heal.

Bet Major and Heidi will be glad their Mama's home!

Take it easy!
Pam
 
@MajorHeidi Wow girl, home after one day, you are remarkable!! Be sure to rest, ice and meds , you know the drill. Keep us posted. Can't wait to see how well your recovery goes!!
 
WOW - that is brilliant news Claire! Home already - they must have got sick of you real quickly :heehee:
Seriously you seem to be going sensationally well. I look forward to your next post :happydance:
 
My surgery is Tuesday! I want this done and healing!!! Keep wondering what it will be like. I am so ready to be active again and not limp. Pain be gone!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®

Right anterior approach on April 15, 2014
 
Hi buddies....
Thank you for your very kind support and well wishes. I appreciate YOU!

Day 2:
The medications are so numerous, it was really hard to get them straightened out as to what
to take when.
So overnight I didn't have things covered ideally, and had quite some pain.
I also have the common THR feature of the 'log leg'. Boy, does that make it hard to get in and out of bed.
That is one thing I underestimated greatly, as when I was doing pre-op exercises on the bed it was
easy to get around, not like now. ha!
So first thing this morning, we created a spreadsheet of every single thing I take, and gridded that in
to make it easy to see what comes next.

A girlfriend brought over some flatiron steak, green beans, mashed potatoes, and ice cream!
Nice...
 
@MajorHeidi Happy to hear you got the meds all straightened out. Yummy - flatiron steak sounds like the best medication to me - especially when someone else cooks & brings it over:) Each and every day will get better and easier. Prayers for a speedy recovery coming your way.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom