THR MajorHeidi is now a Hippie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@beachgal my knee is getting better. The swelling had gone down which has made a world of difference. Wouldn't say its 100% but I go back to pt Thursday, can't wait.

@MajorHeidi I don't know where @waterman1 went! Probably diving in the ocean, maybe he held his breath too long and forgot about us!

I like to swim with a plan but I guess I'll have to go with the flow (lol). See if I can even do flutter kick, if not I'll just pull (no legs) just to get a work out. I'm missing that awesome feeling you get after a hard workout and I'm getting really soft. I think part of my knee problem I just had was from muscle atrophy! Eee gads that just sounds horrible!!
 
@MajorHeidi Great news on the stairs! Another recovery milestone...it really does boost your confidence ! The pool work really does help strengthen the muscles and @aprilc any thing you do in the pool helps, especially with your knee problem. Regular swimming but also just power walking through the water, front ways, sideways, backwards really helps. Also doing the post op exercises like side ablations, knee lifts & squats holding onto the side of the pool. Cheers Chrissie x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
@MajorHeidi congrats on your stairs accomplishment! On the rare occasions I encounter stairs, I do feel more comfortable than I used to. I'll try to send you some warm weather (it's been 100 degrees here) so you can get back in the pool. :SUNsmile:
 
@MajorHeidi Hey Claire. I'm doing quite well, thanks for asking. I even forget I have had a THR from time to time, only to be reminded when I attempt too much. Go figure? which will give me some thigh pain requiring the reapplication of the Bonesmart Mantra. On a high note I was able to break my bicycle out of mothballs in July and I ride it when I have time, now that made a really positive impact. Never thought I'd ride it again. :biking: On another note, I went through some real rough spots emotionally. Some issues I dealt with years ago came up out of the deeps again after the surgery and needed some talking with. Just glad I have a very good therapy guy. :thumb:
 
@MajorHeidi
Ha! that is funny you ask about my name. Nothing exciting unfortunately. When I was creating the email a while ago, I was eating lunch off of a green plate (grnplate) and reading about surfboards (brd). I often forget that is my identity. How about yours if you do not mind me asking? My guess is perhaps a combination of the name of your two dogs....
 
Haha @muckingabout I agree with you on the 'bird'. I thought @grnplatebrd was referring to a parrot!
Major and Heidi are my weimariners.
@JoeL Glad you got the bike out, and took control to put the demons back in the deep.
 
@MajorHeidi , @muckingabout
You are probably right, I see what you mean and how bird would be the most common assumption. I better ramp up my birding skills so I can grow into this username properly. I tend to stick it out with usernames and passwords, so it is easy for me to remember everything. I had someone once tell me they laugh every time the see my avatar as they cannot imagine me without a hat and drinking coffee out of a giant cup
 
@MajorHeidi Hi sweetie, sorry I dropped out of site for a bit. Ended up postponing the knee that would have been done today so things have changed a bit. So glad to see that all is going well for you. I remember how nervous you were just 4 short months ago and how far you have come!! Congrats again my friend!!:wowspring:
 
Hi Donna @mystikfairy61 !
I am glad you stopped by to say HI!
Your hip sounds like it is serving you well. I hope you can get your knee worked on conveniently.
BTW, I too have some stiffness upon standing. Like you, a few steps and I am good to go.
Also, I hate hate hate to stand up from a low toilet. Grrrr!
Stay in touch sweetie, I know I will be around here a long time; as I know my other hip is doomed and just waiting on the time to be right.... The knees are not great either.
So I can empathize.
Let's enjoy our new hips for now, and rejoice in the activities we can do again.
xo
 
Hi @MajorHeidi So glad to see that your crossover was successful, I intended to monitor the site every day or at least two to three times a week but the time flew and before I knew it six months had gone. My biggest problem now is remembering that I've had the operation. Every achievement goes in your mind, I can remember when I could ditch the crutches, then it was being able to descend/ascend the stairs in the house normally now I've just returned from Egypt from a week's live-aboard diving 3 and 4 times a day.
My best to you for your continued progress and huge thanks for your support, I'll try to monitor the site a bit more.
 
:sneaker:Saw that you were seeing doc today. Anxiously looking to see how you're doing.
 
Hi @Me2 @beachgal and all !
Well today I met with OS, and it turned out different than I expected. And, a bit scary.

My left hip has moderate arthritis, and is not ready for replacement. OK.

My right hip has Trochanteric bursa / bursitis. He pushed a spot on the side of my hip and I just about jumped off the table. That was the bursa. Well shoot. He said all that walking I have been doing 3-5 miles daily is TOO MUCH!
He told me to rest, ice, and do nothing for awhile til it gets the inflammation/pain down.

Not only did he take hip xrays, he also took back xrays. Oh no.....
I have arthritis in my lumbar area at L4 and L5.
Just like in the hip, you can get it there, too. This is what is causing pain in my right butt cheek.
He said it is degenerative like the hip, but there is still some space there, and he gave me an order
for Physical Therapy on the spine. He said that maybe 85% of people get 'relief' using this PT. If not,
he would refer me to the spine folks...... :gaah:
 
@MajorHeidi

Did you have any idea your bursa was inflamed? Sounds like this visit was intense. I hope that the resting elevating and icing will quickly deflate that bursa.

Take care

Cheryl
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Back
Top Bottom