THR MajorHeidi is now a Hippie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey MajorHeidi, I'm working too and it sucks I would rather be in the carribean somewhere...
Hey, how did you come up with your screen name, please?
 
Tortola maybe.... :SUNsmile: @waterman1
In my avatar, Major is the blue weimariner, and Heidi is the grey one.
Wish it was something more interesting......:wink:

Looking forward to going to the pool this afternoon. Its hot outside today! :SUNsmile::SUNsmile:
 
yes, TGIF! :cheers:
@waterman1 I did stationary bike starting at zero resistance.
I think I would hold off on outdoor real bike for just a bit longer, as you could hurt yourself if something weird happened like you tipped over. Ha
 
Tortola maybe.... :SUNsmile: @waterman1
In my avatar, Major is the blue weimariner, and Heidi is the grey one.
Wish it was something more interesting......:wink:

Looking forward to going to the pool this afternoon. Its hot outside today! :SUNsmile::SUNsmile:
Take a lap for me!!
It's all good!!
 
Bronchitis is finally gone. Good golly, that wasn't a fun thing to go through.....
One of the antibiotics caused an achilles tendon strain on my op side. Bummer.

But.... today, I went for a 1 mile walk, and did a 6 mile bike ride. Woohoo!
:yes!:
Things do resolve themselves over time, and time heals most things.
Being back to work is also healing....
 
Glad to hear Claire...doesn't normal feel good!!! Xx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Hi friends, happy Sunday.
I just completed a 3 mile walk. Its only 74 here today, so it was very pleasant... except for....

My nonop hip complained almost the entire way. I stopped every 1/4 mile to shake it out for several seconds and start up anew.
I know I will need to replace the left sometime, but I hope not just yet.
The last xray showed somewhere between moderate-advanced OA.
I sure hope it was just pelvic readjustment. :fingersx:
 
A 3 mile walk Claire...that's great....non op hip is taking all the strain at the moment.....hopefully it will hold up better once your gait etc has improved and your operated leg taking more of the strain.......my other hip is holding up well despite the fact it showed severe OA.....!! X


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Wow -- I'm impressed, Claire! Hope that other hip minds its own business for a loooooong time. I've got another with OA & it's pretty quiet... Hope it stays that way. Sounds like you're doing great, though!
 
:walking:3 miles is terrific!! Progress! I hope the new ache was a fluke--if you are like me you never want to do all this again, and my recovery has been easy. If you haven't felt that one otherwise, hopefully it is the odd niggly thing that will pass. :fingersx: Here too for you.
 
@shrinkette Ellen, hope your cane usage is coming along?

@waterman1 and @Beachmusic The nonop hip feels ok today.
I will go for another walk in about an hour and we shall see. I am hopeful it was just a passing pelvic
readjusment phase. :walking:
Pool is closed on Mondays. Boo. So , walking it will be!

Have a good one everyone!
 
That is great! You give me a lot of hope since you are two months to the day ahead of me. I have PT tomorrow and Thursday and there are small improvements, too. Definitely didn't walk as quickly as you. Today just seven minutes. Walking is still not comfortable. Glad you are doing so well. It really does help to read others stories.
 
@lovetowalk You are doing well, and the walking will get easier and more pleasant.
I had to remind myself to break up the longer walks (still) into shorter segments.
Its just better for your healing I think.
 
Hi @MajorHeidi ! Just stopped by to say hi - sounds like you are doing great. :thumb: 3 miles is awesome! I walked just over half a mile with my son, last night, and it felt so good to get out and walk! Looking forward to when I can do 3 miles again! :)
 
Hi @Chessie glad you got out with your son and had a nice walk.
The weather is much warmer today. I got 40 minutes in at the pool. Woohoo!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom