Guest viewing is limited

THR MajorHeidi is now a Hippie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You lucky girl, keep on swimming. I turned around from my walk around the planet and came home. I have an inflammed incision. I might post a pic, or just call the doc tomorrow. I think not wearing any bandage has irritated it a little bit.
 
@MajorHeidi , yes definitely much warmer today. My son took me up to the grocery store a little while ago to get a few things, and man it is HOT outside. The pool sounds lovely.:swim:
 
@waterman1
Oh goodness! I hope it's nothing to worry about, but we all worry a lot, don't we?
Perhaps post a pic and ask Jo and contact OS to cover bases?


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
How is the other hip doing @MajorHeidi? OK still, hopefully? Tomorrow my Fitbit goes on in the morning, but I'd be happy with just a mile. Our temps are hovering around, but not yet hit, 100, most days. If you don't get out early, you don't get out! Pool walking would be nice!
 
Oh my @Beachmusic 100 degree temps... wooo!
I am now on vacacy til Monday Woohoo!
Will be helping DH on residual boat cleaning. ( I know... it still isn't clean yet, but almost... with me being laid up with the THR, there is SO much to do. Yardwork, boat cleaning. all that stuff)
I said I will help now thru the weekend which should do the trick.

Hope you are feeling well. Have you done full weight bearing yet?
 
Good morning @MajorHeidi - So glad to hear you are doing so well! My left hip is doing a lot of complaining too. I know it is still on the early side of recovery and that the left hip is bad too, I just hope I can work through it and do what is required to get the right hip to where it needs to be. Keep up the great work!
 
Hey MajorHeidi, I am still making excuses not to do boat cleaning and so far everyone is falling for it and cleaning alot for me, LOL. My child wants the boat key and I keep telling her I lost it and she must wait for me to get well. Soak up all the help while you can when it comes to yards and boats, right?
 
@HippyHelen Can you believe you are now a month out? :happydance:
It gets better daily.....
@waterman1 It started thundering at the pool today, Boo!! Had to get out, then get home to get
my cushions put indoors.
 
@MajorHeidi ..tomorrow, and tomorrow and tomorrow. We can procrastinate a little longer! I'm the only one who pulls weeds at our house, who even seems to see them, so things are going downhill fast. PT wanted to try me out walking on uneven ground, so he had me walk across our front yard. BIG mistake...kept seeing crab grass, and would do the golfer's reach to get it out as he is cautioning me to be careful and not fall on his watch. :) I need to walk outside without glasses or contacts, then all will be fine. Same with the inside. You have 90 degree precaution yes? It rules out a lot of yard work. Enjoy your vacay time!!

Oh...can't really put all my weight on it yet, but most of it. Around the kitchen I'm beginning some independent steps. I still take my walker into the shower for more stability but that's about it. Yay...time is really passing and the early days are becoming more distant memories.
 
Oh @Beachmusic guess what?
I have two grabbers, and have found that my favorite one I now keep in the laundry room and use it to pull things out the of the washer and dryer.
I also use it outdoors to pick up sticks (river birch trees are litterers), and to pull some types of weeds.
Not dandilions...... My back yard looks awful, as I am the weed puller, pruner, etc.
The front is looking much improved now, and I am 'going to' get around the side to huge weeds. ugh.
But, the boat is calling.... still needs a good day and a half of work to get it totally cleaned up.
I am on vacay thru Sunday. yay
 
I really don't remember much stiffness standing Claire. Funny how we all have different symptoms...must be the approach we have?
 
@MajorHeidi I'm afraid to say the stiffness lasted well Into my 6 months....but then one day I got to the end of the day and realised it had gone! I found swimming to be so good for my hip. I now do water aerobics twice a week and swim for two other days....still doing exercises in the pool too like walking, squats & abductor exercises ...found it helps my other hip too.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
I am going into the pool ASAP and My PT highly recommends it. I went back to the gym yesterday and the bike really helped. The gentle exercise and bigger motions felt so good and worked much better than Tylenol. Funny how the improvements come. As for dandelion weeds...we have a thing called Grandpa's Weeder and it works like a charm with no bending.
 
4 month mark!
I'm very happy I had the surgery.
Goodbye Quasimodo, hello normalcy!

I have had a psychological issue with going down stairs - feeling afraid of a fall, and some muscle weakness in both knees. Today, on my walk... I stopped off at a property that has a double flight of stairs. Went down fine, then on the flip side went up fine, too. Yahoo! That felt good. I have not done that there, before.
I am feeling more confident with the stairs now.
Walking and biking are my mainstays.
Its been too cold for the pool. Boo. The weather is changing to bring on some sunny days. :SUNsmile::swim:
 
[Bonesmart.org] MajorHeidi is now a Hippie!
@MajorHeidi, well another milestone passed---doing steps with confidence. Next thing you know, you'll be tripping the light fantastic and wowing all of us. Happy for you that things are progressing nicely for you.

Take care and keep us posted. We care.
 
Hey @MajorHeidi ! Tell me about your swim workouts. Last week I was at the beach and this week I've been recovering from that weird knee thing but I'd like to try swimming tomorrow with kicking. I just don't know how much or how little too do. When you were around the 6 wk mark did you swim laps? How much? 500 yds to start?
 
@aprilc Hey!
I didn't swim laps til about 8 weeks being the first time I did breaststroke. I just did leg lifts and walkabouts for about two weeks in the pool (6-8 weeks)..... I started first with a kickboard doing flutter kicks and that was ok.
Then, I just went and did breaststroke and it was okay. Nothing hurt. I would recommend starting with flutter kick first and if that feels ok (with kickboard) then try without?
How are you doing???
Where is our buddy @waterman1 ?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom