Bilateral TKR Maggie94 tells the story of the Stryker twins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maggie how did your body pillow work for you? First time in a few months my right knee woke me up last night...settled down now......My beloved Abby(springer spaniel) has been gone for 20 years and I still miss her...I found that massage of thighs really helped with knots I mean like deep massage helped with the discomfort....you have progressed so quickly that I keep forgetting you are only 9 weeks out and will have that magic aha moment soon.....at 9 weeks descending stairs were not that easy for me....Sleep still the most difficult thing and I think ,in my case, it is the cat naps during the day that keep me up at night....

Vinny
 
@vinny Losing our fur babies cuts deep. They are just wonderful.

Thanks for your reflection Vinny...that magic moment (one of them) occurred last week when Laverne went down the stairs with out batting an eye lid. Unfortunately her good work is stymied by Shirley....it will come good:yes!:

In bed now with coffee jazz tablet n book...BS first then a read. Coffee does not keep me awake so no prob there. I'll take the Tylenol equivalent when I'm ready to turn the light out. Fingers crossed.

Are you chasing the little white ball today? Whatever you do, enjoy! Maggie x
 
@vinny forgot to reply to your body pillow Q...it is next time and I use it when sleeping on my left, my preferred side post op...the right was it are new knees. What a rich moving feast of experience
 
one of my final work days today but weather is bad so not a problem...white ball tomorrow.....Night nite.

Vinny
 
Happy retirement....for the 4th time.....lots of hours to chase the white ball....nite. Mx
 
Seems like there is an awful lot of extraneous things affected by having knee replacements.
Excuse me for jumping in, but just wanted to say, "Amen!" to this! Thinking I wish I'd found this forum prior to surgery because my OS definitely didn't mention:
- lack of sleep
- ever-present low level achiness
- discouraging the use of Percocet (the only med that really helps me) only two months after having one's leg mutilated
- stiffness
- ongoing swelling

Aargh.

*stepping out of the conversation and going back to reading now....* :)
 
12.35 am.....woke up 10 mins ago....less pain/stiffness than usual. 1000mg of Tylenol equivalent at9.30 pm and just too same amount again now. Had a handful of the most delicious grapes to go with the pills☺ Let's see how the rest of the night pans out
 
Hope you got back to sleep! And you are taking your regular meds also, right? I meant add in the tylenol to help out whatever you were already taking, not instead off - you are still early days with two knees my friend!

I'm looking forward to a day when I do NOT need a pillow for my knee...it's so cumbersome! But whatever it takes to sleep is totally worth it.
 
I'm at 10 weeks now, and have finally started feeling well enough that I can get lots of exercise in, which seems to be helping the sleep issues. For about two weeks around 7-8-9 weeks, I was miserable with waking up and not able to get more than 2 or 3 hours of sleep at a time. It really has eased so much and I remember this happening the first time around, too. It might be a bit different time frame for 2 knees at once, but I bet you'll see some relief in a week or two. The drugs to normalize and ease irritation and pain should help, too.

Thanks @BananasKnees and @Maggie94 for the hugs over my senior boy. We just took a walk of about three blocks and it takes him a long time now. He trips in the grass and ends up on his nose, which really bugged him at first, but now he just sighs and picks himself up and keeps going. It would break his heart if I didn't take him out every day, but some of our walks now are well….long in time, but short in distance. I'm glad to be doing it. Now he's collapsed at my side, snuffling my foot. He is the most devoted dog I have ever had, and a soul mate for sure.

Laughing at the world clock issues. My husband is English, and his mum just died year ago, and his brother emigrated to New Zealand, so I've always got that clock at hand. Husband's mum had three clocks on her wall--London time, Auckland Time, and Denver Time. :) Even with that, it can break your brain. I get really lost in New Zealand for awhile. What day is it? What time is it?
 
I just always think that today is tomorrow there and for them today is yesterday here....wait a minute how did I get here? This is not my beautiful house ..

Vinny
 
@Awriterafoot So glad you are feeling energized. @vinny also commented on turning a corner at about that mark. Just don't over do it. Happy for you☺

Love the devotion of your senior boy. Just too devine
 
Hi Maggie,
Just stopping in to say hi before I head for bed. Hope all is going well with you and the girls.
I've been riding my bike every day now. Great for the knees!
Have a great day!
 
@kaw205 Good for you on the bike riding. I haven't been on a proper bike for years.
All good woth me. Changed attitude to meds...basically sleep at any cost even if it means i have to pop more pills. Hope you had a lovely time in the land of nod. Maggie x

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
The Girls are 9weeks old today. Recovery continues, slowly! I still have swelling and stiffness in the morning which is frustrating and a bit painful. It resolves itself once I am up and moving. I walk most days and use the recumbent bike 4-5 times a week. Life is good.
 
Happy 9 weeks L&S...Groot is 3 weeks behind you! Keep up the good work on the walking and bike, I can't wait til the day when my pedals go ALL the way around!!!!!!! Hopefully after the MUA!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom