TKR Madinana Made it to knee #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Laurie

You look too young to have a son that age. Wow. What a handsome, upright lovely son. You are clearly very proud looking at your pic. Your pictures are absolutely beautiful. What an honour to have a son doing so well for both his family and his country xxx congratulations xxxx I'm so pleased and proud for you xxx
 
I wanted to do this separately. How are you Laurie? Are you recovering well. My meds have kicked in ever so hard and I need to go to sleep. I will check in on you tomorrow. I do hope all is ok. Xxxxx
 
@Nana moon 27 thank you for the nice words. I am not having a good night I have been up almost all night Its not the swelling so much as pain in my knee and tight calf pretty soon I get to take hydorcodone and I am taking two Thanks for stopping by your always welcome
 
Hi Laurie

It will get better. You've been through this before only a few months ago. It's so strange how many of us end up needing/having the other knee replaced. My other knee needs replacing but I have to get this one completely good. I have to try to get back to work for a while, so I can get paid while Im off. I'm the only wage earner. I'm fortunate that for the first six months I was off sick on full pay, then after six months half (eek it's tight) but come this January, I have no salary as it's 12 months. Fortunately, this revision is working miracles. If I get off morphine by 5th December and can drive I could go back to work. I know that my boss wants to office base me from the one job and as for my lecturing job, well that's ok , as I can sit down, lean against something. All I need is a clear head and wits about me x I teach 16-18yr olds child care.

I didn't mean to derail your thread but I thought I'd give you something to read. I so feel for you. @MercysPeace posted a pic from her hospital bed complete with the big mummy bandage on her leg and the drainage tunes and I went inwardly yikes. It brought it all back. Bit like childbirth eh? Xxx

I hope you make a good recovery. I know you will but no two knees are the same from what I've been reading around this site.

Please take care Laurie
Love Nana moon 27 xoxoxoxox
 
Ann @Nana moon 27

Having a late breakfast and reading through posts.

My wish is that your plans for reduction in your medications, back to driving and returning to your job/s happen.
Please continue to rest and get extra sleep during the day and have more restful nights.

Take care,
Cathie
 
@madinana sounds like you need more hugs! :)
[Bonesmart.org] Madinana Made it to  knee #2
 
@madinana We decided to get pizza and cheesy bread sticks for dinner. I wanted a Sierra Mist but I don't like the new ones with Stevia so I got a 7up. Don't really drink soda that much.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom