THR Made it... my random thoughts

Hi @Mascaramom
Wishing you a wonderful day.
Hoping you're able to get out for a short time, just for a change of scenery.
Enjoy the warm weather. We have snow forecast for later today. More of this > :snow plough:
And this > :gaah: It's pretty and it freshens things up BUT I won't miss it when it goes :yay:

Sending hugs and best wishes for a great day!!
 
Welllllllll today was a loooooooong day.
I'm afraid the pedi will have to wait until Monday when the kiddos are in school.

Today was a day of movie watching, for me and my 5 year old while the 11year old had softball practice. Dinner got made somehow while I was on auto pilot , the rest of the day was me trying REAAALLLLYYYY hard to ignore the MESS around me
It truly drives me crazy(er) to see the chaos.

The kids bickered all day, which is always fun.

Tomorrow will be better, tomorrow will be better, tomorrow will be better...
 
@hipster333 I saved the recipes to Pinterest. I actually have used recipes that I have saved. Other stuff too. I wish I had some words of comfort & wisdom to help you on your journey. Just please remember that you have lots of people that care, cheering you on. Praying for you. Remember the spheel you hear before the plane takes off. Put the oxygen mask on your face first. Then you can help others. You can't help them if you pass out first. (I wrote that this morning.... I come back and here it is)
 
Hi @Mascaramom
I know the feeling of the messy chaos. My husband was a great caregiver but our house became a mess!
Kitchen island was his Command Central. Meds and meds schedule, all things wound care for my incision,
Packaging from any and every box, bag or container he opened. Food or other.
He didn't seem to know where our kitchen trash goes :chinstroke:
At least 1/2 of our kitchen cabinet doors were open at any given time. Piles of dirty dishes by the sink
and he would sweet talk any woman who walked through our door to do dishes and wipe off counters.
The kitchen floor was horrendous. It drove me crazy. My mom called one morning and I did this > :bawl:
She and my sister came over and did some major picking up, organizing and vacuuming and I felt so much better!

If you have any friends or family you can ask to come and do some of the cleaning you're unable to do, ask them. If anyone offers you a hand, take them up on it. It may not be the way you'd do it but it's better than feeling helpless and frustrated.

It sounds like you may need a chill day on Monday when kiddos and hubby aren't around. Maybe just some quiet time hanging out at home by yourself. Things will get better, sweetie, really they will :console2:
 
Good morning @Mascaramom. Hoping for a much more peaceful day for you where the kids are concerned. Know what you mean about the mess. Somehow they have lost the dustpan. How does that even happen? It was attached to the broom. Ack! Last night hubby was playing video games and forgot about supper. :( luckily with the cane I was able to grab it out of the fridge and throw it in the pot (at least he got me the pot) (face palm). We ate. I guess that’s the main thing. I know I pushed it too much yesterday and it sounds like you are too. Sending big hugs your way!
 
Hi everyone!
I am sooooo looking forward to tomorrow. A little peace and quiet, and ME time.
I'm feeling pretty good, less pain today. Only my incision swelled a bit. So I'll be on ice for the rest of the evening.

I was coming down the stairs today when I realized, half way down, That I was no longer thinking about each and every step as I took it. I was just going down the steps. I started to cry and my husband came running thinking something was wrong. Funny how the littlest thing can be such an incredible milestone.
 
@hipster333 this is one time, I will NOT feel guilty, and I wholeheartedly agree... I DESERVE this ME time! Lolol

@Walkinginthesand I can't wait for it to arrive. I also can't wait to surprise my kids with a pool day!
I'm secretly planning a short kid friendly "getaway" for Spring break at the end of March.
It's been 6 or 7 months since I've really had any "active" FUN with them.
 
:goodpost:Love it!
It is emotional to realize we're once again able to go through normal movements without pain, or assistance.
THR is awakening in the sense that we gain a new appreciation for the simple things we thanklessly took for granted. Wishing you many more of those moments!

I hope tomorrow is blissfully peaceful and restorative.....Enjoy :flwrysmile:
Hugs to you! @Mascaramom
 
@Mascaramom hope you are having a lovely, relaxing day and that you were able to get that pedi in. :yay:
A kid-friendly get-away sounds wonderful! What types of activities are you planning?
 
Weeeellllllllll pedi didn't happen..... BUT I colored my hair, took a LOOOOOONG shower in PEACE and quiet. I slept as much as I wanted, didn't have to walk the puppy because hubs was home, didn't cook dinner because... LEFTOVERS !
It was a restful day.
Now back to the real world. Lol. Hubs starts work tonight for a cycle called "outage" which means a LOT of mandatory overtime. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we can still get in a "stay cation" for Spring break with the kiddos.

Usually we would take off for the beach (even stay at a resort) for a few days, but since adopting the puppy, we will need to find different accommodations, or hire a puppysitter. Lol
 
Hi sweet @Mascaramom
Hope the hair refreshing felt rewarding. Lots of sleep is a good thing, it equals lots of healing!
Don't be hesitant to accept offers of help, meals etc. The offers will fade fast :heehee:

I'll bet you can find a place to bring the kids on vacay that will accept puppies. Whether you bring
puppy, or find a dog sitter, the break may do you good. Home is the best but sometimes a change of scenery
and routine is just what the doctor ordered. I hope you're having a good day and are able to get more rest if you're feeling you need it.
Sending love, hugs and wishes for a good day :loveshwr: :friends: :flwrysmile:
 
@Mascaramom how old is your puppy? I'm sure you can find somewhere to board him, even for a day or two.--or a friend who would love to puppysit. Puppies are a lot of work when you've just had surgery. You've got your hands full! I know you can handle it! :friends:Yay for new hair color! I'm so happy you were able to take that much needed "me" time. How are you feeling these days? Is your incision healing well? Mine is driving me crazy with the stinging/burning. :boohoo:Happily the muscles are starting to get more comfortable and I'm able to use the cane in the house during the day. I hope you're having a great day!:flwrysmile:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom