Guest viewing is limited

THR Made it... my random thoughts

Uh the cycle!! I had soooo much anxiety about having my period while in surgery...thankfully, I am not...(according to the period tracker..lol) but will still have the emotional swings.
 
I'm sorry your having some rough emotional times @Mascaramom Its no fun :bawl:< that thing makes me laugh!
It's wonderful you have people you can count on to help out, and that's what true friends
are great at. Being there when we're down and out, or incapacitated.

Have you ever heard of Instant Pot? Maybe you have one....you can whip up all sorts of meals in there lickety split. They're kind of spendy at usually around a $100 but worth it in my opinion if you use it often enough. Just thought of it..reading above...about you cooking meals.

Try the trash bag trick for getting in the car, if you haven't already. Put a large trash bag on the seat making it easier to swivel your legs into the car from the outside.

Hope your night is comfy, cozy peaceful....Hugs!
 
With all that going and doing, not sure you need any PT.
You are certainly doing an awful lot, and post op depression and energy drain is a very real issue.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
Lots of healing going on still.
Be easy on poor mommy, please!!
 
Last edited:
Love that you bought the swim bottoms with the little skirt. I actually shopped online for new clothes today too to treat myself for getting the staples out. The benefit of still pushing the walker is that it's keeping me out of the fridge. I've dropped a clothing size since my surgery--I'm calling it the Hipster Diet. lol
That's so wonderful that your friends have stepped up for you--those are true friends. It makes life so much easier when you have people like that in your corner. From what I've learned about you, since we started this journey all those weeks ago, you would have done the same thing for them.
I love meal prepping! It makes life so much easier. I did a schedule for two months out from my surgery so that hubby and the kids wouldn't have to worry about it (a lot of it is my freezer meals)(yup--this definitely shows my controlling side lol). Crock pot cooking is my favorite. You're going to need that rest time in the afternoons so that crock pot will be your best friend. :) Your grocery delivery service sounds great--one less thing for you to do!
Hope your kiddies went to bed okay and that you have a relaxing evening! :friends:
 
. From what I've learned about you, since we started this journey all those weeks ago, you would have done the same thing for them.
I love meal prepping! It makes life so much easier. I did a schedule for two months out from my surgery so that hubby and the kids wouldn't have to worry about it (a lot of it is my freezer meals)


You're absolutely right hipster, I would have! As for the meal planning, I just don't know where to begin! 2 months!! Ohhh pleeeeeease teach me your ways... lol
 
Love that you bought the swim bottoms with the little skirt. I actually shopped online for new clothes today too to treat myself for getting the staples out. The benefit of still pushing the walker is that it's keeping me out of the fridge. I've dropped a clothing size since my surgery--I'm calling it the Hipster Diet. lol
That's so wonderful that your friends have stepped up for you--those are true friends. It makes life so much easier when you have people like that in your corner. From what I've learned about you, since we started this journey all those weeks ago, you would have done the same thing for them.
I love meal prepping! It makes life so much easier. I did a schedule for two months out from my surgery so that hubby and the kids wouldn't have to worry about it (a lot of it is my freezer meals)(yup--this definitely shows my controlling side lol). Crock pot cooking is my favorite. You're going to need that rest time in the afternoons so that crock pot will be your best friend. :) Your grocery delivery service sounds great--one less thing for you to do!
Hope your kiddies went to bed okay and that you have a relaxing evening! :friends:
I made Several more servings of main dishes for awhile before surgery and put them in freezer. Also bought extra things to have on hand like ham and beans or taco soup. Made lists for us to go to and it has been so nice! Scrambled eggs is always a great meal! Or French toast. Yummy. Even before surgery, I usually try to print off an extra calendar and plan ahead. Tight schedule when I was teaching. Seems to cost less at the grocery when I know ahead of time.
 
You're absolutely right hipster, I would have! As for the meal planning, I just don't know where to begin! 2 months!! Ohhh pleeeeeease teach me your ways... lol
I had to start in to meal planning when I went back to work in October. Most of the family, except my daughter, loves pizza. So once every Friday is pizza night--that takes one night off the list. (My daughter loves soup--so this is her soup night) :) This website has a lot of great crock pot ideas that take very little time: https://www.laurengreutman.com/dump-recipes/ We've loved everything we're tried so far. Plus, just like @Walkinginthesand I cook in large batches and freeze for another night. If your kids are interested in cooking it's fun to get them to help with prep and measuring--especially for the crockpot dump meals that you can freeze ahead of time. We have family favourites that I will make once every few weeks as well.
Hope you have great day!
 
Hi @Mascaramom
I hope you're day is going well so far.
Want to wish you a happy, comfy, cozy weekend with the fam!
Hope your weekend is great. Hugs!
 
Aww, @Mascaramom
It's going to be alright, really it is....promise!
The early days and weeks can be tough. Your still so early into
recovery and it feels like a roller coaster ride at times and you just want OFF!
The Post Op Blues are real, please know that....and thankfully temporary.
It's frustrating to feel like you're only 50% and unable to do all you want to do
or feel like a failure because your not meeting others expectations. Look how far you've come!
You have that torturous pre-op anxiety behind you, surgery behind you and your body is healing like crazy!
Your body is doing exactly what's it's supposed to do. If you're tired, sleep. Our bodies do their best healing then.
If you're feeling down, cry, let it out!
Come here, I'll give you virtual hugs and cry with you if you want me to :bawl:See, I can cry too (pretend that's me).

I wonder if a car ride this weekend, or an outing somewhere may help? When I was in recovery a very intuitive guy, dougie0216 asked me one day if I'd been out to smell the roses. He sensed something through my words and he was right, I hadn't been out. Sometimes a change of scenery is all we need to change our outlook. This recovery biz is no fun. It's downright boring and very annoying at times :gaah:

I used to put on make-up and curl my hair just because it made me feel better. I didn't feel like such a patient when I caught a glimpse of myself.

If anything is bothering you with your healing process or if you're worried about something, think of sharing.
I feel helpless and wish I could sit with you and give you a big old hug. But I'm going to have to settle for this now. Sending you mega hugs and love :loveshwr::roseshwr: :console2: Everything is going to be ok.....really it is!
 
Last edited:
Actually, it sounds like you've been out but none of it has been about you! You need an outing for you! Do something to pamper yourself. Get your hair or nails done, go see a chick flick, meet one of your friends for a drink or dinner. Just make it something for you and only you! You are always doing thing for others but right now there needs to be something just for you - it's OK to be a little selfish. You're the going going through this and needing a lift. I remember after my first child when my husband suggested I go out for an hour or so. I, of course, ran several errands than needed to be done and then dissolved in tears when he asked me if I'd enjoyed my time to myself. Luckily, he was understanding enough to send me back out with instructions to go somewhere for me. Made all the difference in how I felt.
 
Hi @Mascaramom just checking in to see how you're doing tonight. Make sure to take some time for yourself once the kids are off to bed. Have a great weekend!
 
Hi @Layla You always seem to know when I need a voice of reassurance.

I was just sitting here stressing about the weekend.
Lol.
Trying to get my mindset changed. Taking it slow.

Thank you for being there before I even knew I needed you.

@Mascaramom how did @Layla know just what you needed? You are NOT ALONE IN THIS. I don’t have kiddos at home so it is easier to sort of hide and heal. But I do agree with @Layla’s suggestion of makeup and feeling sort of “normal” again. I got in a mindset to just not dress and it made me feel worse about the whole situation. I felt like this was going to be “me” from here on. Just pjs, no makeup and daytime TV. ITS NOT! This is s hard situation plus you have kiddos! I agree with Layla-put it out there and someone has been there. Don’t panic. I do enough of that for both of us. :dubious:
 
You guys really are amazing ...... (((((hugs))))))

THANK YOU
I NEEDED to hear this. ALL of this.
I think you're right. I need to do SOMETHING for me.

I haven't been able to get a pedicure in 8 MONTHS because I couldn't lift my leg up and down, and climb into the chairs, Or even reach down to paint my own toes. That's something I ALWAYS treated myself to . We LIVE in flip flops and sandals down here.... I'm going to make an appointment for myself now that I can move!!!!!
I worked in the beauty industry for 20+years.... the makeup and hair, it DEFINITELY is a part of me and makes me feel better.

@SaraK I can TOTALLY relate to your story , running errands is exactly what I did too. Lolol.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom