TKR macduf387 has crossed over to recovery - round 2

I had my first pt yesterday with the same person I had with my previous tkr. He was gentle and did a bit of massaging and gentle movement. He is happy with my progress and said I should rehab pretty quickly. I then went home and promptly passed out for two hrs the joys of recovery. I feel fine this morning except I have a sharp pain on the inside of my knee which catches me off guard every now and again. Probably just settling down and getting used to more movement.
I did notice a red spot yesterday which has grown this morning which looks like I have once again got cellulitis :gaah: so I have put a call in to my O's to get a prescription last time it was cephelexin for 10 days groan. Love to know why it started again. Otherwise it's just another day in the recovery process.
Have a great weekend everyone.
 
Glad you got the good PT! Can you schedule with him every time? My PT group liked us to stay with the same therapist so when I made the appointments they were set with a particular PT.
 
I did notice a red spot yesterday which has grown this morning which looks like I have once again got cellulitis :gaah: so I have put a call in to my O's to get a prescription last time it was cephelexin for 10 days groan. Love to know why it started again.
It's good that you are taking action about this. However, I do think that your OS needs to see your leg, and not just prescribe an antibiotic.
 
Thanks @Celle os called back I explained what was going on and I took photos from day 1 when I first noticed it, and I have been put on antibiotics it's about 4 inches below my knee and I will see OS on 20 January. I am keeping a very careful eye on it.
 
Good morning bonesmarties it's coming up to week 6 of post op. I have had pt for a week it's going well I did a little more on Friday and have been paying for it this weekend. I have also noticed that I definitely have more pain and achy knee this time around. I tried to go off Norco and just use Tylenol but my knee is not happy. I have pain behind the knee and it's just generally achy. I think some of it is from the Odic on Friday at pt and some to little pain meds. Sigh the roller coaster ride of recovery. Going to go back on the Norco for a bit longer. Otherwise my incision looks great I took something called Surgery/Trauma which has arnica in it, and I am very pleased with the results. My scar looks even better than my other knee and that one wasn't bad. Another thing I found out was using a tennis ball and rotating it in circles around that tight band feeling which my pt guy says was a real tight knot in my quad muscle helped a lot to get the quad muscle to relax.
That's about it for now going out for dinner tonight to celebrate my mom in law birthday hopefully my knee will behave. Blessings to all for a pain free day.

:flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile:
 
Just keep it propped up while you celebrate. I can't believe it's 6 weeks already!
 
Hi there @macduf387, great job and love the positive attitude, I have been in the odic myself! Keep it going. It will get better every week!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Well dinner was fine last night had a great time with the family and my knee behaved quite well. I went to pt this morning but my knee was just not cooperating today it was stiff and sore but I did manage to get a few revolutions on the bike. Yay !! I have been sore this afternoon and I think it's the machine which makes you gently do squats my knee obviously does not like it and I am going to skip it next time. I am also going to reduce from 3 to 2 days a week. All in a day of recovery
 
I think you're too early in your recovery to be doing any kind of squats. You are probably right that, that is what caused your discomfort.
 
Glad you enjoyed your dinner. It's gotta do loads of good for the brain to get out and experience some normalcy. My home health only comes 2 x this week and I was glad.
 
I agree, Madeleine, no more squats. My first PT group told me to do squats, I tried one and said, no more. The bike though always felt good to me, probably because it was bending with no weight involved.
 
So just got back from pt have been a little sore this week and I have cut down from 3 to 2 times a week. The good news is that I have abend of 110 and extension of -2 not to bad considering my knee feels very stiff at the moment and it's raining for the next 5 days and my knees don't like it. Oh well I am happy with my progress.
Take care my fellow bonesmarties.
:cheers:
 
Sounds good, especially as your knee is feeling stiff. Now you have a few days to baby it.
 
Rainy weather is a good excuse to lay back and read a good book!
 
Mmm had pt today he decided I could start doing some seated hamstring curls with weights. I tried one 25 pound and I said no way went down to 15 and did a few started hurting so I said no thanks. I am 7 weeks post op today and my knee feels good it gets stiff and still sore down to 1 Vicodin at night and 1 in morning otherwise on Tylenol 1000mg. Seems to be working. Of course icing as well. I am seeing OS tomorrow for checkup don't foresee any problems. Have a good week everyone. :cheers:
 
My PTs wouldn't use weights until 4-5 months post op. There was no pain at all. I'm glad you said no thank you.
 
I think it's way too early for you to be doing weights. Please be careful.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom