TKR macduf387 has crossed over to recovery - round 2

Oh boy just that 15 pound weight trial I tried on Monday did me in yesterday. My knee was swollen and painful all day. I did see my OS he was very happy with my progress. He said I am exactly where I should be. One thing I am noticing this time around is pain at night. I fall asleep just fine but wake up with knee aching with or without icing. I am still taking one Vicodin Before bed, it's crazy that this is starting 7 weeks post surgery or maybe it's nice that it only started now. Just another quirk of recovery. Take care all

Please don't use weights again. It's much too early to be doing that. Your knee is telling you that it didn't like it.

If this pain at night is recent it could be from using the weights. It seems that if you overdo the knee let's you know through the night.

Thank you @Celle and @KarriB yip I went back to pt today told my guy no weights at all he said ok and said that my knee was stiffer than usual which I said yes from trying the weights. Ugh takes longer to get the knee happy after hurting it or wrong pt than it is to do no pt which is what the bone smart guideline is. So to all of you starting your journey please listen to your knee and to the wise moderators on bonesmart regarding pt.
Take care all wishing you a pain free day.

I'm glad he listened to you and took it easy today. I'm guessing you have a three days at least before the next PT, so hopefully the knee will settle.

Hi All just checking in I have just reached the 10 week mark feeling good the energy drain still hitting me big time. I am fine till around 1-2pm and then I have to lie down and rest and ice my knee. I also seem to have reached a bit of a slump last Friday measured 118 bend and feeling fine then I decided to do some yard work nothing strenuous but walking up our driveway is like climbing stairs so I think I overdid it as when I went to therapy on Monday my knee was sore and felt very stiff, it hurt to ride the bike. Sigh I guess I joined the odic again. Frustrating so back to taking it easy and back to taking vicodin pills at night and Tylenol during the day.
Hope you are all doing well and remember we are stronger than we think.

I'm sorry about the ODIC! It am be so hard to find a balance as you move ahead in this recovery. I hope a few days of taking it easy helps.

Thanks @KarriB i have my brothers wedding this weekend it's going to be about a 4hour drive each way, I think I am going to sit in the back and keep my leg up and ice it.

Hope you are feeling better. The 1-2pm is my exact time when my body tells me, it's time to rest and nap if possible. Enjoy the wedding!!!

It's worth sitting in the back to have fun at the wedding! But until then take it easy! :bath:

Hi all I had a good weekend my brother got married. It was a beautiful wedding the road trip on the other hand was quite eventful. It is supposed to take 4-4.30 hrs to get there and it took us 7.30 hrs. Sat in traffic for over two hrs due to weather which caused a FedEx truck to blow over we had mud slides washing down the 15 freeway, pelting rain, would definitely not been out if it wasn't for a wedding. My knee did quite well we were driving a Q7 as my Q5 was in the shop and it was great very spacious and I had some ice packs with me thank goodness. I do have a question it seems some of my swelling is behind my knee, and I am wondering if I have developed a bakers cyst. Is this possible and what should I do to get rid of it. I am icing behind the knee and changed from Tylenol to ibuprofen. Still taking one Vicodin at night.
I will be seeing so on March 7.
I hope you are all having a good Presidents' Day weeekend.
:smile2::tada::smile2:

Thank you @Celle i am icing and elevating hopefully it disappears soon as it's hampering my flexion it dropped from 117 to 110 to 112. I guess just another little bump in the road of recovery.

It's been awhile I have been busy and recovering well. I had my 6 month checkup beginning of June and all is well , my surgeon told me to get on with life and to see him in year sooner if there were any problems. I have started exercising more and my Knees feel good they still tell me when I have done to much. But that's part of the recovery process. Trying to catch up on everyone progress will take awhile. Hope you are all doing well.
Have a great summer all of you. :SUNsmile::flwrysmile::SUNsmile::friends::cheers:

THat's great! :flwrysmile:

I'm pleased your surgeon was happy with your progress. You've got your life back. :yes!:

Good to hear from you and great that you're getting on with living!

Hi fellow bone smarties I hope everyone is doing well. I have a question I suddenly have a sharp pain on inside of my left knee which was replaced around 18 months ago. It's worse when I walk down stairs. Not sure if I twisted it or what. Otherwise both knees are doing great, just not sure if I should be concerned or just ice it and take some ibuprofen which I am already doing. Hopefully someone can give me some input.

Have you seen your OS about it?

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member