Guest viewing is limited

TKR LTKR Recovery!!

Morning update: lots of pain in the back of my knee. The pain is worriesome. My doctor did say that this knee was worse than the left and he had a time cleaning out all of the arthritis. I pray this too shall pass. The pain is intense. I hope it gets better soon.
 
Sorry you’re hurting so badly! Make sure you take your meds, ice and elevate. Too early to start worrying :beg: . Lots of angry soft tissue complaining. Hang in there!
 
@Sisterpat this pain is no fun. My knee has doubled in size. I’m trying to stay hopeful. This too shall pass.
 
sometimes I find a slight change of position is enough to bring the pain down. I I have been sitting up in bed with a throbbing medial side pain, leaning against a backrest. when I sat up straight that pain was gone.
 
Pain is the most in the back of my knee and on the top of my thigh. It’s very painful. Icing and elevation helps some and taking Tylenol and oxycodone as scheduled. Walking every 2 hours and resting in between.
 
Unfortunately a worse knee usually means a tougher recovery. But you have this @Emelbee21! You’ve done it before and you’ll get through this time too, and we’ll be here to offer support and advice as required. Early days are rough, but your correct “this too shall pass”.
 
@FCBayern thanks! That means a lot!! I have rested a lot today in between icing and walking around. It seems last time I was more awake and alert. This time I’m out, I’m guessing my body needs to rest so it can heal.
@ihavetwins I am trying! I have pt in the morning I hope I can manage through it!! Thanks for your support!!
 
You know only gentle stretching in PT! No cranking the knee to get a good “number”! You can manage that!
 
I have pt in the morning I hope I can manage through it!!
You don't have to manage through it. This early in recovery you don’t even need any formal PT, just gentle movements and short walks, for mobility. If you’re not up to it, cancel the session.

You‘ve had 2 major surgeries within 3 months so you have double the energy drain of your body trying to heal both knees. Rest as much as you can. :console2:
 
And from experience, I can agree with Jockette - the energy drain is mighty!
 
I’m really aching from head to toe tonight. Boo!! I was hoping to feel better. Hope this subsides sooner than later. I have zero energy.
 
I pretty much napped every afternoon. Even at about 6 weeks I would "hit the wall" and need to lie down. :sleeep: Just being in the recliner didn't do the trick, I'd need to lie down.
 
Agree. My energy was zero for many weeks after my 2nd surgery. Remember, like me, you had 2 major surgeries within weeks of each other! The drain on the body is unimaginable. But it will get better bit by bit. I promise :loveshwr: !
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom