TKR LTKR Recovery!!

@Jaycey Thank you. I read where I am not alone and my feelings are much like everyone else. It’s a difficult part of recovery. This too shall pass.
 
Depression is very common after this surgery, and you’ve had it twice in a short period of time, so your depression is what I call a double whammy. We are here for you. :console2:

Here’s an article for you that might help:
 
It is such a long haul back to health, especially with two surgeries. Not knowing when we will feel normal, worries with each new pain, etc. do take their tool on us. I hope your days brighten soon.
 
@Jockette thank you so much! Y’all are so kind! Today has been much better so far. I am tired. Insomnia has reared its ugly head and that just aggravates my emotions. But I’m thankful that I am able to laugh and smile and I have hope today! :)
 
@Jo Wo Thank you! I’m thankful for support forums such as this one. It has definitely helped me being able to post concerns and feelings and getting responses from people that are going through the same thing. Thanks for your responses! They mean a lot! :)
 
Hey Everyone! I am 5 weeks post op for my right knee and I am still having some muscular pain when bending in the upper thigh. It’s painful sometimes and physical therapy is working me to the core. I have decreased my oxycodone to one a day before PT and yesterday after PT I took Tylenol and before I went to bed I had to take an oxycodone. I just get worried that I am still having to depend on the narcotics when the pain breaks through. Anyone else have this? Thanks.
 
It seems that this pain is directly related to the type of PT you are doing. They should not be “working you to the core.”

I just get worried that I am still having to depend on the narcotics when the pain breaks through.
If you want to reduce your narcotic pain medication, stop doing things that make you need to take it.

5 weeks is still very early weeks, in the 52 week (one year) recovery.
 
Oops, I clicked reply too soon. :heehee:

As I was saying, 5 weeks is very early in your recovery. It seems your PT has you in training mode, and you are not in training, you are recovering, and need to treat your knee accordingly.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom