THR LTHR done Dec 15 - RTHR Dec 22

You sound wonderful. Glad you realize slow is the way to go.
Lots of healing going on in there!
Yay for bye bye hip pain!:ok:
 
You sound great and sensible @DJJFPC. I don’t live in a gated community but took a similar approach to driving - first trips were to stores a couple of blocks away and slowly ventured further. Have a peaceful day.
 
Great update on your recovery. Inspirational for those of us who are still waiting. Thanks!
 
Awesome progress!
Still amazed by your courage. I don't think anyone could have paid me enough to sign up for
two Fridays in a row. You're one brave woman! It's great to hear how well you're doing.
Keep up the good work and keep us posted. I enjoy following your journey.
A great week to you!
@DJJFPC
 
:wave: onward and upward :yes!:
 
Hi @DJJFPC
Just stopping by to say Hi!
Wondering how recovery is going....
You sounded great in your last update.
We'd love to hear how you're progressing with those two new hips.
Almost two months already!
 
My apologies I have not been on the forum for a while. I have been doing PT and walking 5 miles a day. I am back to let everyone know that I saw the Ortho last Tuesday he took xrays. He said I am cleared to do anything and that I can start playing a little tennis. I played on Thursday afternoon in a community group in our neighborhood. You rotate in and out as there are always 5 players per court and sometimes more. So you play a couple of games and then you sit out. It is not serious tennis and there are players of all levels and people like myself that have had surgery recently so are not running around a lot. I am easing back slowly. I also have been cleaning up the garden for the past month or so after winter. Doing some pruning and cutting things back which has been fine. I am stopping PT after next week which is my last PT session. The Orthopedic surgeon was really pleased when he saw me and I have to go back and see him in 9 months time. I cannot believe it is 12 weeks since my second surgery how time flies. I am also thrilled that I am back to being able to do anything and the best part is there is no pain. Yay for hip replacement surgery!!!
 
Great report, and Hip Replacement surgery is life changing.
I too am ever so grateful to be rid of chronic pain.
Glad you came back to tell us how happy you are.
Happy for you:tennis2:
(Almost tennis) LOVE!
 
Last edited:
Hi there @DJJFPC
Beautiful update! Best reason to not be here is to be out living life as we should be.
After all, it's the main reason we put ourselves through surgery and recovery.

It's wonderful to read how well you're doing. Walking 5 miles per day, playing tennis, gardening.
All with two new hips. Very inspiring!

A great Sring and Summer to you. Imagine the things you'll do!
 
Wow! I'm glad you're doing so well and getting back to the things you love to do! Only better now with 2 new hips. Enjoy!
 
Just catching up with your wonderful blog. There is hope for us all! I heard this morning that our British Tennis Player, Andy Murray is recovering from a hip operation too.... Hopefully I will have mine in August...
 
@SurreyGirl I have followed Andy Murray and his hip surgery pretty closely. He will eventually have to have hip replacement but at this stage I believe he only had some type of hip revision surgery and he is hoping to be back playing in time for Wimbledon this year. Jimmy Connors has had 3 Total Hip replacements since his tennis career ended. Tennis seems to be pretty tough on the hips for these professional players - and also for these not so professional players!!!. I am thrilled to say I am back playing tennis 4 to 5 times a week. I only play doubles but I love playing tennis so being out for 3 months was frustrating. I only went back once the surgeon told me I could go back and for the first 6 weeks I played a couple of times a week. I am thrilled that I only had to have one recovery period. I have been back doing all the things I did prior to surgery. Playing tennis, gardening, biking, swimming and walking. The best part is I can sleep at night without any pain and discomfort. I still sleep with a pillow between my legs it just feels more comfortable. Yay for THR and getting back to normal activities.
 
. The best part is I can sleep at night without any pain and discomfort. I still sleep with a pillow between my legs it just feels more comfortable. Yay for THR and getting back to normal activities.

Me too! I feel exactly the same way.
Glad all is well:)
 
Amazing! @DJJFPC
I'll never forget you having yours done a week apart. Bi-lateral is bad enough but there would be
NO WAY anyone would get me back for #2 only one week later.
I just quit holding my breath at that point in recovery :heehee:
Brave woman you are and it's so wonderful to hear how you've jumped back into life.
Enjoy! :tennis2: :flwrysmile: :bicycle1: :swim: :walking:
 
Hi just stopping by to check in. I am getting close to a year after my hip surgeries and I am playing tennis about 5 times a week and I have also joined a biking group and we bike about 25 miles each Saturday. I was playing tennis on a Saturday but decided that 6 times a week perhaps I should cut down to 5 times a week and try something else. After 6 months I was back taking care of the garden doing the mowing etc. No pain and loving being active without feeling it afterwards. Before surgery every time I played tennis I was in a lot of pain after the game not during but afterwards sitting was painful. Yay for hip replacement surgery. Best thing ever!!!
 
Wonderful update @DJJFPC ! So glad you are seeing the benefits of this amazing surgery. Long may it continue!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom