THR LTHR done Dec 15 - RTHR Dec 22

Hi our old friend @DJJFPC :wave:
So glad to hear from you.
You sound just marvelous.
Aren't new hips just the best!:happydance:

:tennis2: and :biking:
(Yes, I know it's badminton, close as I could get)

Happy that all is going so well.
Thanks for the update.
Have a great weekend!:SUNsmile:
 
My apologies I have not been on the forum for a while. I have been doing PT and walking 5 miles a day. I am back to let everyone know that I saw the Ortho last Tuesday he took xrays. He said I am cleared to do anything and that I can start playing a little tennis. I played on Thursday afternoon in a community group in our neighborhood. You rotate in and out as there are always 5 players per court and sometimes more. So you play a couple of games and then you sit out. It is not serious tennis and there are players of all levels and people like myself that have had surgery recently so are not running around a lot. I am easing back slowly. I also have been cleaning up the garden for the past month or so after winter. Doing some pruning and cutting things back which has been fine. I am stopping PT after next week which is my last PT session. The Orthopedic surgeon was really pleased when he saw me and I have to go back and see him in 9 months time. I cannot believe it is 12 weeks since my second surgery how time flies. I am also thrilled that I am back to being able to do anything and the best part is there is no pain. Yay for hip replacement surgery!!!

Did you see this @Barbaraj ?! Hope for us would-be double hippies! Not that I have any wish to play tennis!:rotfl:
 
Oh, @bickypeg! Thanks for alerting me to this. DJJFPC is just a wee (okay, A LOT) younger than I am but you are right, it does look as though there is life after getting both hips done. I'm just under 6 weeks, and I think I'm doing great with walking, most daily activities and feeling mostly "normal" so nice to think if I actually took the plunge and got #2 done earlier I might actually have a full life eventually! I appreciate you thinking of me!
 
Thank you so much for updating! I was always in awe of your bravery. Bi-laterals amaze me in their decision to have both hips replaced at once. To me, it takes a lot of courage. Going back only one week into recovery, to begin the process all over again with your other leg is unimaginable. But, you've done well and reading your update is so very inspirational. I wish you only the best going forward!
@DJJFPC
 
Yes Ladies.. @Barbaraj and bickypeg.
You heard that right. Check out her signature...our friend DJJFPC had her second replacement ONE WEEK after her first.
That is INSANELY brave!
 
One week....amazing! I think that sounds even harder than a bilateral since most of us were such basket cases that first week after surgery, so to think about having another hip done that quickly is very impressive. But how wonderful to read about a completely SUCCESSFUL recovery! Way to go, @DJJFPC!
 
Today is my one year anniversary of the Left Hip replacement. I saw the surgeon about a week ago and he said I am one of his poster children because of how well I recovered and am doing. He said see you in 4 years time.
He is a fantastic surgeon and I am so pleased with the results of the surgery one year later. I am back to doing everything I want to do and loving having no pain. I play as much tennis as I want and bike and garden and walk. It is amazing how wonderful the results of this surgery is. Happy holidays to everyone.
 
So nice to hear from you! I remember you well. You had your first surgery and then went back to have the second one done only a week later. I couldn't believe your bravery! I know I couldn't have done that. It's wonderful to read how well you're doing and how satisfied you are with the result.
I hope you have a wonderful holiday season and a happy, healthy 2019!
@DJJFPC
:merry christmas:
 
I play as much tennis as I want and bike and garden and walk.
There are a lot of newbies on this board who will be so encouraged by your update. So happy to hear you are living life again!
 
Yay @DJFFPC.
One of MY heroes!
Glad to know all is well with you.
Hope your holidays are full of joy!:treestar::merryx:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom