Revision TKR Lovetocookandsew’s long road to recovery

Maybe your OS will take them the off when you see him next Wednesday.!

@Mutti3 I thought about that, but then shuddered when remembering my torture and tears having my staples removed four years ago. I sure don't want to go through that again anytime soon! I think my shower tomorrow needs to be an hour long!

@Jockette If we buy a large house when we sell this one, it has to have all hardwood floors, so I might consider a robot vacuum then, but this house is so small that I can guarantee I'd trip over the thing more than once. I can see me in my kitchen with it sneaking up behind me, then I step back and WHAMMO! Down I go! Maybe I'll just skip the robot.....:heehee:

It makes enough noise that you wouldn't trip over it. It does a great job on carpet. I programmed it to run in the middle of the night when I'm asleep. It was a life saver those first weeks when I couldn't do much. At that time I had 13 cats to take care of and their hair! Roomba saved me!

I was thinking today (I can already hear everyone yelling, "Oh no, don't do that! :rotfl:) Anyway, I was thinking that it would be wonderful if as many of us Bonesmarties from around the world as are willing and able, could somehow meet up one day. Like maybe we all take a cruise, or meet up at a resort together, etc. That would be something!

We have indoor shoes and outdoor shoes with shoe racks at the front and back door. That does help keep the dirt down. Something to think about. You also would get more support if you wear shoes inside.

Have you seen that video of a cat sitting on a roomba and slowly circulating round a house? !

I only wear shoes if I leave the house, and I also didn’t wear them once I was home after surgery.

(My husband says that’s why my feet are so big! Going barefoot all my life, size 9.5-10 shoe! I am almost 5’7”, though! :rotfl: )

I only wear actual shoes in the winter when I go somewhere. And even though I generally wear those sneakers that are light and comfy, I still hate the confinement of shoes and socks. If it's raining out, or we're in the snow somewhere, I have boots for each, but really hate that confinement. I usually wear Crocs; I have their flip flops and wear them constantly as much of the year as possible, plus I wear the crocs clogs in the garden. I do wear fuzzy slip-on slippers inside in winter, but as soon as the weather warms and my floors aren't so cold, it's back to bare feet! And I'm not a country girl; I was born in San Francisco! :rotfl:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back