Revision TKR Lovetocookandsew’s long road to recovery

That camera system sounds super nice!

You are a great example of listening to your knee all the time and obeying it. I was addicted to ice. I had two of the ice water circulating machines. One set up in the den and one in my bedroom. Since I was both places all night and day, I kept them both set up and ready to use. If you don't cut them on the ice lasts a long time. I'd sleep an hour or so one place then move to the other, but always had ice waiting for me! I also have two leg elevators. Being single and alone almost all the time, I had to plan the easiest way to do things. Carrying around a Lounge Doctor while using a walker was not an easy way to do it, so I got two of them. Expensive, but worth it. Especially since I had the same problem after breaking my foot and ankle. The ice and LD came in really handy!
 
@sistersinhim You did a great job planning ahead for your recovery! I'm usually in my room when sitting as that's where everything I need is, so I only need one of everything. The living room TV has hubby's programs on the DVR, and the one back here has mine plus the ones we watch together regularly. Even though it's easy to turn on sharing so I can watch any program on any of our TVs, I am more comfortable when watching the one in the bedroom.
Here's the reason "making" dinner is so easy right now. I took these out of the freezer a few minutes ago for tonight, and I'll add a couple of sliced garden tomatoes, plus some more cantaloupe from our garden to them for dessert. All they require is to be removed from the vacuum bag, and then warmed in the microwave. While the plates and other meals and items I froze are not quite as good as they are when eaten fresh, they are still pretty darn good.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Lovetocookandsew’s long road to recovery
    pot roast dinner.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 220
I made 2 slices of toast again. That's enough cooking for me!
Otherwise M&S do our catering. We'd starve if it wasn't for the microwave!
 
@Spex10 Ok, I give....What's M&S? lol We'd be eating fast food and eggs every night if I hadn't planned ahead knowing the options afterwards if I didn't!
 
@sistersinhim The only thing I would have done differently is to have been able make and freeze more summertime meals. But, when I was making everything, it was transition time and our deck was still in winter mode until closer to my surgery. (It's usually set back up a lot earlier, but we did a total redo of it this year, which included painting the house and trim on that side, plus painting the deck with special deck paint, plus we bought a new cover that hubby had to put up, and so on, so it took longer to get it ready) I was able to grill some chicken and steaks, plus smoke a ham and some pork butts in the smoker in the last few days before the surgery, but that was about it. So, we had a lot more spring/fall/winter meals than summer meals. I do have a ton of smoked pulled pork still in the freezer, so we can have tacos, bbq pork sandwiches, etc, and I still have a lot of smoked ham, which we can eat with cob corn and tomatoes, plus some pasta meals, to go along with the all the packages of chili, navy bean soup, tomato soup, veg. beef soup, beef stew, etc, that are still out there. But, we have had some nice salads for dinner, including a steak salad we made from the leftover steak we had when all our family was here. I am a bit saddened when I see my grill and my smoker sitting forlornly on the deck with their covers on and I'm not able to use them right now. My favorite meals are summer grilled foods, so I sure hope I can start cooking again soon.
 
Last edited:
Oh yes, nothing like a good grilled meal! Makes me want to go out there right now and cook up something, but it is rainy. Maybe another time.
 
We don't get anything but hot, hotter and OMG-run for the hills! weather here in the summer. I think we had a little rain once in August, but it was so long ago that I don't remember when it was. :heehee: It's only 97 here right now, but is supposed to climb to 105 this afternoon. Tomorrow, which is when I have to go out to see my OS, it's supposed to be 106!!!!! :yikes:
 
I just took this picture of my knee when I was getting up from my icing to go do some walking. That's my normal bend without pushing it; I don't have a clue if it's "good" or "poor", it just is what it is. The bumps and lines are from the ice machine wrap, the red areas are an itchy rash that showed up a couple of days ago for no reason I know of. The funniest thing is I haven't yet shaved my legs; they're really hairy but the picture doesn't really show it. :rotfl:
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Lovetocookandsew’s long road to recovery
    July 24, 18.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 239
Thanks everyone!

@Pumpkln I see my OS tomorrow so we shall see what he says. I'm not doing much but icing and elevating, with a little of this and that thrown in. AND NO PT!!!!!!! I haven't done a single exercise either. I really think that's a good part of why my knee isn't one giant balloon or in a lot of pain. I walk as much I am able, and I do small tasks each day as I am able. And, I make sure to stay far away from the ODIC! :heehee: I never would have known to ignore all the stuff they tell you about having to do PT, window of opportunity, etc, if it weren't for this site! Thanks, BS!
 
Wow! Great bend.
You'll be glad to hear that we had a lovely rainy night. Its hard to believe it but I loved hearing the rain on the windows. However, I think we're back to the horrible hot temps again. Good luck with the OS
 
If your OS isn't happy with your knee's recovery, then there's something wrong with him! You are a poster child for this recovery!
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom