Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Lovetocookandsew’s long road to recovery

With stairs I was taught 'up to heaven, down to hell' ie use the unoperated leg first on the way up and the operated one first on the way down.
I sometimes see people with sticks chanting that to themselves on staircases. Always cheered me up!
 
The worst part was many of them ripened at the same time and we were going away for a week to help move our daughter and family to Ohio (from Philadelphia) so I had to give them away as there were too many to keep )
 
Ok, this has nothing to do with my knee or my recovery (well, maybe my mental recovery as it gave me, and is still giving me, a good laugh) but someone left a big bag of really giant squash, and a couple of eggplants, on a chair at our front door sometime today. Whoever left it obviously doesn't know us, or left it as a joke, as we need more squash like we need holes in our heads. (Maybe it was a well-meant gift but we really can't use it. Now we have to be careful not to say anything to anyone lest the giver get their feelings hurt if it was a gift) I'm leaving it there until hubby gets home in the hope that someone walking by steals it! :rotfl: I sent him this picture and the info and he said he'll have to sneak out to the trash can in the middle of the night so no one sees him toss it. We do have a lot of neighbors who garden so we need to be careful, and also grateful, if someone mentions it later. But I'm still chuckling.........
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Lovetocookandsew’s long road to recovery
    squash.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 218
Oh yes, they're starting to loosen! Yay!

Now, you will have to tell all your neighbors thank you so you'll have all your bases covered! Someone must not realize you're not up to fixing those huge things after your TKR! Was there no note?
 
@sistersinhim I didn't see a note as I left the bag there, but I doubt there's one. I didn't want to try to go out there and carry it in so left it for hubby to handle. I'm not even up to fixing our squash, so my husband has been taking them to work, or just throwing them out. I hate to waste them, but we knew this year I'd be unable to use a lot of our garden stuff. I should be able to start back cooking in another few weeks so all is not lost. I haven't taken any pictures of our squash this year, so am attaching one from last year that looks the same and are what we have this year again. (the color is off on the first one due to this goofball who took the picture, the actual color is more like the second picture) The second picture is from several years ago, before we gutted and remodeled our kitchen and tossed the white counters. But again, it's basically the same this year.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Lovetocookandsew’s long road to recovery
    yellow zucchini and golden egg squash.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 192
  • [Bonesmart.org] Lovetocookandsew’s long road to recovery
    squash!.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 198
Four weeks today! Wow, time sure passes fast when you're having fun.......and even when you're not. :heehee:

Things are basically the same, with a few noticeable changes this week. These dratted steri-strips, while starting to loosen, are still with me. That glue must have super powers! As of today, only two have actually fallen off, the rest are somewhere between noticeably loose and barely loose.

The biggest change I noticed just today; I've been leaning heavily on my cane since I started using it, which is a detriment to a good gait. I noticed that today I am barely leaning on it at all, and am mainly using it for balance. That's a good thing as I also notice my gait is more natural this way, although my knee is still quite stiff. Along with better use of my cane has come some more swelling and pain due to more weight being put on it as I walk, so I am being cautious not to do too much walking.

I'm still spending the majority of my days icing and elevating, with a few light chores and walking thrown in. I have days with more energy and days with less, and I just go with the flow. Yesterday was a tired day so all I did was take a shower, make my lunch, walk a little and ice. Today I'm more energetic, but my knee hurts more so it's another day of mostly icing. But that's okay; I'm doing what I need to in order to heal and not overdo. Am I bored? Yes! and out of my gourd with the boredom. But I know this will soon be behind me and I'm planning on getting my life back gradually, so I'll put up with the boredom to achieve that result. But I never said I won't whine about it a little......:snork: It's still too hot to be outside much so my walks are mostly in circles around my house.

Yesterday, I had a close call. We don't wear shoes in our house, but I've noticed hubby sneaking in with shoes when I'm not around to give him the "look". As a result, we have more dirt and particulate on our floors, which is getting on my nerves. I can't use the floor vacuum yet, nor the carpet vacuum, so he has to do it, and the sooner the better IMO. Anyway, I stepped on something sharp and the pain made me jump, which caused me to lose my balance and fall. Luckily for me, (and for hubby!) the sharp thorn I stepped on was on the carpeted floor next to the bed, so I fell sideways onto it rather than down onto the floor. It was still a bit painful but not too bad; mostly it was the sensation of falling that was scary. I let my husband know as nicely as possible, even though a part of me wanted to chastise him for bringing all the dirt and debris in from outside on his :censored: shoes. But I did get the point across that I can't take the chance another thorn is brought in as I could easily fall and get hurt. He got the point, so I won't have to next time :heehee:
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Lovetocookandsew’s long road to recovery
    4 weeks.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 191
Glad you weren't hurt...close call!
Since my Orioles have started the rebuild beginning with Manny Machado to the Dodgers.....today I read that your Giants are in the running for our Zach Britton. He was an exceptional closer.
We will soon have a nest full of "baby birds" with all the young prospects.
 
@beachy Thanks! Believe it or not, I just stepped on a sliver of glass in the carpet by my bedroom door....grrrrrr.... Luckily I didn't jump nor fall this time, but I did have to maneuver over to the bed in order to pull it out of my left heel. Then I emailed (oops-said emailed but actually texted) my husband to tell him he has to vacuum tonight! The stuff he's bringing in on his shoes is getting ridiculous. I don't want to wear my winter slippers as they are fur lined slip-ons, neither of which is good right now.

I don't know who Zach Britton is. But then again, I mostly only know my Giants. A new baby team can be a good thing in the long run. It may take a while to meld as a team, but they have long careers ahead of them to learn and play.
 
Last edited:
Try living with them! I really want to yank them off, but they are well glued. Just getting snagged a little on something hurts so much my desire to rip them off goes away.
 
Your husband is not making things easy for your poor feet! Who knew that so much stuff was brought in on shoes! Before my tkr, I bought a Roomba to help me out until I could vacuum. Threaten to do that and maybe he'll do better!

Just getting snagged a little on something hurts so much my desire to rip them off goes away.
It's like a taking off a Bandaid, just a tiny bit at the time!
 
I am a picker type of person. Slowly work the edges , a few at a time. A soapy shower should help.
 
I finally had time to catch up on your journey, @lovetocookandsew. Glad to see you're doing so well. I'm envious of that beautiful garden. I definitely do not have a green thumb, but my next-door neighbor does. I benefit from her extra summer vegetables. Best wishes for a continued good recovery.
 
@sistersinhim We have a new Dyson floor vacuum that works fine. Knowing me, I'd forget the roomba was running around and fall over it!:bignono: I can't peel them off a little at a time as they're glued to the glue on my scar and it hurts too much. :gaah:

@Mutti3 I am taking daily showers and let the warm water soak them; also instead of patting them gently dry, I am just drying them. If I could take a bath I'd just soak the :censored: things off! :hairpulling:

I do plan to ask my OS Wednesday why he used so many and why he used gorilla glue on them! (It obviously had to be gorilla glue as it's water resistant, heat resistant and cold resistant!):rotfl::heehee::rotfl::heehee::rotfl:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom