Revision TKR Lovetocookandsew’s long road to recovery

My knee is currently hypersensitive to cold so icing is a problem. I try to cool it though. Elevating not going well either. Balancing pillows is not easy. I do wish I had a Lounge Dr. Oh well. Onwards and upwards. (Disgruntled today!)
 
@KarriB :thankyou:

@Spex10 I don't know if it's in your budget or not, but if it is, I would encourage you to get the LD and ditch the pillows. I plan to use mine for quite some time yet, so it's money well spent. I, too, found the pillow balancing a major fail, and am much happier with the LD. Sorry you're having a bad day today; I understand and feel for you. The good news is tomorrow is a new day and hopefully will be a great one! :console2:
 
Last edited:
Good to hear your pain is manageable!
I'm all about the icing and elevating post surgery. If it hasn't been drilled in to me by now it never will be. It seems to work for everyone who does it! Right now the elevating is helping more, but I'm pre op.

I received my LD last week and was going to return it because I thought I ordered the double, but I didn't. I'm keeping it! Tried it out and it feels awesome! I splurged on the memory foam one. Wish I had this when I was working and on my feet for long hours.
 
I think your reply to me might have been for someone else.
I'm doing very well and see above for my LD.
Are you sure you're not taking narcotics :heehee:
 
Hubby just left for work and I'm now alone each day. I'm actually good with that as I cherish my time alone, and feel quite ready to manage. I'm even going to take care of dinner tonight. Okay, all I have to do is get two of my homemade meals out of the freezer and warm them, but it sounds good to tell hubby I'll handle dinner.:heehee:
 
Hope everything is going well for you. It's good you are enjoying some you time. I may just relish the piece when family go home on Friday.
 
@Mollymax Believe me, you will appreciate the peace even more than you think when everyone's gone. :heehee:

I am actually doing quite well. Getting plenty of sleep and my knee is feeling pretty good overall. Although I don't have tons of energy, I have plenty for the little I am doing at this point. I'm walking around my house more, (it's easy now that there's nothing on the floor to impede my travels) and even went out to the garage a couple of times today as I have hung up my crutches and am using my cane exclusively, except when changing the ice bottles in my ice machine as they are easier to transport in my walker bag and I don't like carrying them quite yet. Visible swelling is down again, although since my knee is quite stiff, I know the inside is still very swollen. But eventually all my swelling will reduce and I'll begin to have more flex than I do currently.

Tomorrow I plan to go out in the early am and drink my morning mocha on my deck, and may even venture into my garden for a look around. Who knows-I may even pick a few tomatoes, or, if the golden beets are ready, pull a few from my tall beds for dinner tomorrow and roast them myself. All that will only take a few minutes and I can manage to carry them in a bag. If not, I'll pick a few squash instead and make a fast tomato squash saute. I don't dare use my garden hod yet to carry produce as it's big and would be heavy and awkward, therefore unsafe. It's a really easy task to roast the beets and they'll go nicely with tomorrows dinner of BBQ chicken I pre-made and froze, watermelon and loaded potato salad hubby will buy at the store on his way home. (To roast beets, I blanch them in boiling water, then ice them. The peels slip right off and I then cut them in wedges, add olive oil, salt and pepper, and roast in the oven. So easy-peasy even this gimpy woman can do it)
 
Last edited:
I just bought some meal prep containers from Amazon (prime day deal) to prepare for the the right knee replacement that's probably coming. You've really inspired me to prep beforehand!
 
@beachy If you saw some of the pictures I post on my FB page, you'd know this meal is actually simple and kind of blah compared to my usual dinners, and it's not even all homemade. But thanks for the compliment!
 
So, I "made" dinner tonight for the first time. Granted, the beef and tomato pasta was one of the many meals I made before my surgery and just needed warming, the green beans were in a frozen steam bag, the tomatoes were from our garden; hubby picked them tonight and I just sliced them, and the bread wasn't homemade, but I did put it in the toaster. Oh, and the watermelon for dessert I cut up yesterday, so that was easy. Hubby did butter the toasted ciabatta, and helped with serving. Plus he did all the dishes. It's not a fancy meal, kind of sloppy, and probably had too many calories between the pasta and the buttered bread, but it was good enough for government work.....:wink: And even though it wasn't actual cooking, it felt good to be in my kitchen again. My knee did protest some so it's full on I&E for me tonight. Tomorrow I'll "make" dinner again. More baby steps toward "normalcy".
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Lovetocookandsew’s long road to recovery
    dinner.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 277
You’re making me hungry! That looks so good! I’ll be over tonight for dinner! [emoji6]


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Did you just get your appetite back for your pre made meals?
Or was zero appetite not an issue because of no narcotics?
Asking because it takes me forever to want to eat after surgery. Narcotics combined with a gut issues no bueno.
 
Well done lovetocookandsew. You sound like you are doing great. Hope you are feeling well. Sounds like you are having a good recovery.
 
Back
Top Bottom