Revision TKR Lovetocookandsew’s long road to recovery

I don't have the problem of getting bothered by anything touching my scar.....likely because I still have it covered by steri-strips. But that may change when they get around to dropping off.
 
Typical day in the life of a post-surgical TKR patient....well at least my typical day......:heehee: Poker on the tube and ice machine on the knee.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Lovetocookandsew’s long road to recovery
    normal day.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 218
Yep, that looks pretty normal! The TV kept me company for a few months! Boring!!! I was so glad when I was able to read again!
 
Spice things up and get a real, high stakes poker game going in your bedroom! LOL
You can play online, ya know. It's safe and very inexpensive. Hubs does it as a hobby. And he's not addicted. Yet :rotfl:. Might keep you from going bonkers.

I'm going to start a thread later in pre op.
Share your blessings or something like that. Somebody probably did it already, but I need it.
Keeps me sane....well, relatively sane:snork:
Stay tuned.
 
Why not live up to part of your name and sew? Embroider a picture, make a little quilt for your knees for when the cold weather comes along?
 
I got a small simple cross stitch to do. I just now got a much larger one to work on. It's relaxing and not much to drag out and put away.
 
@Spex10 @Twinmama Believe it or not, I hate hand sewing. I don't know why, as I love to get into my sewing room and create, but knitting, crocheting, and even necessary hand sewing while making something on my machines, drives me nuts. My sewing machine does cross-stitch, applique, embroidery and quilting along with regular everyday sewing, as it's a Baby Lock embroidery machine, so I don't do any of that by hand.

@beachy I used to play online poker a lot until Black Friday, and for higher stakes than just a few dollars. Now there are few sites to play poker on in the USA, and none of them are that great. I've also actually played in the WSOP circuit and done quite well, including winning. But, I haven't been able to sit for hours and hours for a while so have put that on hold until I can sit that long. I'm hoping to be able to once again play the circuit-especially hoping I can play again this October/November when it comes back to Harvey's in Tahoe. Wow, a high stakes poker game in my bedroom.....hmmmmmm...I could make a really risque comment here, but shall refrain.:rotfl:
 
Hmmmmm. Can't say I'm a fan of gambling. I enjoy playing Bridge with friends but I'm only in it for the nice lunches and chatting.
Our little group have set a date for our next session next month and I'm really looking forward to it. Just hope I'll cope with my leg being down for long enough.
 
@Spex10 If you do go I suggest bringing ice and also making sure you have a way to elevate a lot. It takes a long time to be able to sit for longer periods with your leg down, which is why I likely won't be ready to play the tournaments this year, but will probably have to wait until next year.
 
Do you mean the WSOP that's on tv? Are you famous? LOL.
Hubs plays the WSOP online. No big stakes there.
 
No, the WSOP that you see on TV is played for something like 6 weeks at the RIO in Vegas, but the WSOP has additional circuit events all over the country that aren't televised, which is what I've played. I want to play some more of the circuit events around the country, but my knee has precluded that. And, I am far from "famous"....lol. I don't play for the ginormous stakes the top pros play, but I do play the circuit events. They also have a circuit event at a local casino here in the Sacramento area, but I haven't played that one yet. I may next year if my knee allows though.
 
My machine does all that too. I have a husqvarna Designer SE. I love hand sewing too though. I enjoy most creative things.
 
7 week follow up went well with OS. I'm 135 for flexion and 1 for extension. Still doing P.T for 6 more weeks because I want to. He said I didn't have too but my insurance would pay for 6 more weeks if I wanted it. I figured I might as well use it. I enjoy p.t.
 
7 week follow up went well with OS. I'm 135 for flexion and 1 for extension. Still doing P.T for 6 more weeks because I want to. He said I didn't have too but my insurance would pay for 6 more weeks if I wanted it. I figured I might as well use it. I enjoy p.t.


****whoops I meant for this to be on my recovery thread.
 
@Twinmama Your machine looks like a nice one. I have a Baby Lock Ellegante. It's only four or five years old, or maybe a bit older, but it's already becoming a dinosaur with all the advances in technology. I may have to trade it in on a new Baby Lock sometime in the not too distance future, but am still suffering from sticker shock after looking at the new ones! The one I want is, believe it or not, $15,000! I don't mind paying a reasonable price, but that's ridiculous. I don't remember what I paid for my Ellegante, but I know it wasn't 15K! :yikes::shocked::holysheep:

I'm glad you enjoy hand sewing....I just wish I did too. I tried knitting classes...hated it...had someone try to teach me to crochet....hated it.....:heehee: When my MIL was alive I did all her machine sewing for her and she did my hand mending.....it was a great system. I'm thinking about doing some sewing in small bursts after my company leaves tomorrow as they put all their stuff in my sewing room and I can't get into it right now.

I'm not sure if I can actually sew yet, but plan to try soon and see what happens. I need to adjust my granddaughter's new dress a little and should be able to easily manage that. My machine has the ability to operate not only by the foot pedal, and a knee pedal which I've never bothered to use, but also has a start/stop button that's mostly used for embroidery, and may use that if necessary. The way my sewing table is configured I have plenty of room under it to elevate my knee, and if I sew in short time frames it just may work. I can also use my left foot on the foot pedal even though I've never done it. Sewing a little each day might alleviate some of my boredom.
 
I did some embroidery on my machine around week 3 or 4. It was easy to stop and go and made my heart happy to create a little.

My machine is 15 years old and I know what you mean about sticker shock. I'm looking at the new Epic and the only thing holding me back is the price. I've had my machine for so long now that I cant bare to trade her in.
 
I'm just at 3 weeks today, so it's way too early for me to walk malls.
@lovetocookandsew Of course it is. What was I thinking? I don't think I noticed your surgery date, and I had just recently come up with the solution to the heat by walking the mall, and I was feeling so clever I wanted to show off. So sorry. Walking in circles on your walker is outstanding for 3 weeks out. You go girl!
 
@Twinmama Before I bought my Baby Lock, I had a very old Janome embroidery machine. It used some kind of discs for the embroidery, and each one only had a few designs. They also cost about $100 each, which was ridiculous for the value, especially back then. I didn't use it for a lot of embroidery as a result, but it was a great sewing machine. I couldn't bear to part with it either, so kept it when I bought my new one. But, I eventually gave it to my daughter to sew on as it still sews wonderfully well, even though the embroidery part is useless.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom