Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Lovetocookandsew’s long road to recovery

Because I can no longer kneel to garden, my husband is making me some new garden beds I can plant and tend while standing. Our regular garden beds are raised; some even have ledges I can sit on to garden, but I can't easily get up and down anymore from that low height, not to mention my knee doesn't bend enough to sit at that low height while trying to plant, etc. Here's a picture of the first one he just finished. It has the water lines in and will be on timed watering as is our entire garden. You will notice in the second picture that there's a crop already growing in the first bed.......lol.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Lovetocookandsew’s long road to recovery
    new bed1.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 216
  • [Bonesmart.org] Lovetocookandsew’s long road to recovery
    new bed2.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 226
I must be strange...I never clean(ed) in preparation for visitors. I did prepare places for visitors to sleep and special baskets with toiletries, food, etc, for them, but never did unusual cleaning for their arrival. I always figured they could take me as I was....lol. Granted, my house was/is never a disaster, but I didn't do anything special in the way of cleaning for visitors, and still don't. My MIL was the kind that would quietly find places where she could help such as weeding my garden, folding laundry, washing dinner dishes, etc. She never tried to make me feel inadequate, just had a helpful spirit and loved to be needed. She did, however, mutter under her breath that everything in my cupboards was too high for her to reach and wish I placed things where she could reach them.......lol. I finally got the hint and bought a step stool for her use.
 
When I came home from the hospital after having my first baby I found my mother in law had rearranged my kitchen cabinets “because I didn’t do it right. “ She had even rearranged where my plants were. :blackcloud:
 
Your husband is so sweet! I love those raised garden beds! He ought to sell those. I would love to have one! Do you raise food or veggies in it?
 
@sistersinhim I'll be planting golden beets (yum!) in this first one. He is making another one right now, and I'll plant other veggies in it. If this works well for me, next year he'll make some more, and over time convert all our 4 x 4 beds to these, but will leave the longer beds as is for tomatoes and other tall veggies.
 
I have a sewing room, too. I might be more protective of that!

Have you been over to the quilt thread in the Social Room?
 
I've been looking all over, but can't find the links here to purchase items on Amazon that gives BoneSmart a little kickback. If you know have the link, please let me know it also. Thanks.
 
I've had a look and most of the links work OK.
It seems to be just the links for the toilet surrounds and aids that aren't working.
I've reported that.
 
@Celle The Arm/rx leg glove is no longer available, the bath shelf link opens the Arm/rx leg glove link (no longer available), and the bandanna scarf opens to scarves, but not the one pictured.

I'm going to be buying a leg elevating pillow (either the Lounge Doctor or the Milliard), a rollator/walker from Drive medical or Medline, as I don't like the one my hospital provides, and a few other odds and ends. I'm happy to buy them at Amazon through a link here if you can get that accomplished.
 
I have also reported this, Kim, but we'll have to wait until Josephine or Jamie can deal with it.
Josephine is off sick for a few days.
Thank you for letting us know there is a problem.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom