Revision TKR Lovetocookandsew’s long road to recovery

Have you thought of seeing another OS for a second opinion? It should be one who does a good amount of revisions and has no relationship to your current OS. Most insurance companies -will pay for a second opinion.
 
I have seen 3 different ones over the last two-plus years and am really happy with my current one. But no single doctor knows everything about everything, so am wondering about consulting with one who knows more about the allergy test results in particular.
 
I agree talking to an allergist is a good idea. Your OS may know one that specializes in metal allergies.
RunA42k had a nickel allergy, here is the name of her OS.
"My 2nd revision was done by Dr. Robin Goytia (Houston Medical Center w/Texas Orthopedic Hospital) he tested for metal allergy and gave me my BEST knee out of the three I've had."
 
I'm so sorry you're having pain and discomfort. I can only imagine how frustrating and upsetting that is after all this time. I hope you can find a doctor who specializes in allergies and is able to give you some more solid answers.
 
Just catching up with your thread after being cut off from BoneSmart. I know you must feel as if you are not much further on, but you mustn't give up, keep looking for someone who may be able to shine a light on the problem. There must be someone who can help, praying that you will find that doctor.
Love and hugs,
Tabby xxx
 
Kim,
While at the allergist, be sure to tell him all your challenges with pain medications, maybe they will know something new.
 
Just read your thread through, and am so very sorry for all you went through. Hope you find someone who can help you go through life with an improved, not painful, knee.
 
We spent another afternoon looking at "Big S Trucks". (that's what my husband calls the 4 door diesel trucks we've been driving, instead of using the actual not so nice word...lol) I drove the diesel, and it was suprisingly a breeze to drive, although I still have to brake with my left foot. Getting in wasn't too bad as they have steps and hand-holds, but getting out is a major pain. I have to figure out how to get out of the passenger side-the driver's side was a bit difficult but I could hold on to the hand-hold with my right hand, so I managed. But the hand-hold on the passenger side is on the left side and I can't manage that for some reason. So hubby had to help me out, but hopefully I'll figure out how to step down from the passenger step eventually. I can't step down left foot first as my right knee isn't strong enough and won't bend enough to do it. My husband is slower than molasses in winter when deciding things, so maybe by the time he retires he'll have decided which truck to buy. And hopefully we'll get a fifth-wheel before we die.:rotfl:

The walking was causing me pain so I did go inside and let hubby check out all the trucks by himself. I would love to get my life back and be able to forget about this dang knee. Even sitting in the trucks and at a table all afternoon caused more pain and swelling.
My husband wants us to go to Lake Natoma and do some kayaking, but I'm not sure if can get in and out of them. I can easily manage a raft with the firm sides, but I think a kayak would be too difficult.......:sigh:
 
Don't give up Kim, keep your positive attitude, soon you will be able to do all these things you and your husband are wanting to do so badly, you deserve to find relief soon!!!

Sending you positive thoughts your way and wishing you the best :)
 
I was feeling a little off all last week, but figured it was a mild bug and would soon go away. Then, on Monday morning, I woke feeling pretty yucky, and was back and forth to the bathroom all day (I started counting the trips after 4 or 5, then stopped counting after I hit 20). By the time my husband got home after work, I was feeling worse and had sharp pains in my lower left abdomen. We called the advice nurse who had a doctor speak to me, who then told me to go to the ED to be safe. By the time I got there, the pain had gotten really excruciating and unbearable. They did a CT Scan and tons of blood work, etc, right away. Turns out I was having a bad attack of diverticulitis again. I was pretty sure that's what was going on, but they confirmed it. So, I've been in the hospital since Monday night. They have me on Cipro and Flagyl antibiotics, IV Dilaudid, IV acetaminophen, Lovenox shots, IV Zofran and Phenergan suppositories (the last two because the Dilaudid made me vomit all night that first night and well into the morning before they got it under control). I've just had my fourth IV inserted as the other three have blown. They mentioned putting in a pit line as changing the IV so often is apparently not a good idea. I don't know yet how long I'll need to be here, but one of the nurses said it'll likely be a couple more days. The doctor wasn't sure when I saw him this morning how long I'll need to stay. I'm hoping it's not too much longer, but we shall see.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Kim, I'm so sorry that you have this time deal with also, wow you are due for a break from all of these health issues, when it rains it pours.

Stay strong and I will pray for you for a quick recovery...feel better soon:flwrysmile:
 
Oh Kim, what a nightmare, but I hope the doctors get your symptoms under control really fast so you can start feeling better. All your friends on here will be praying for you I know. I wish I could come and give you a hug :console2:
Tabby xxx
 
Kim, so sorry you're having to deal with something else on top of your knee problems. You sound so stoic about it, so we will whine for you. ITS NOT FAIR! There, we said it. Hope you're home soon. Best wishes, Audrey.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Lovetocookandsew’s long road to recovery

Tabby xxx
 
I agree...it's not fair! I even shed tears of you as I sent prayers up for your quick recovery. Sometimes you just have to wonder why. So many good people on this forum are facing so many problems. Why? It's just not fair! But, our God is the great Healer!
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom