Revision TKR Lovetocookandsew’s long road to recovery

I hope you are feeling better soon and can get out of the hospital. Sometimes it just seems like you have been given too much to handle. I will pray for you.
 
Oh Kim, I am so bummed for you. I hope you are starting to feel better and you are in my prayers. You get to kick back and check out the 5th wheels on line. Keep doing your research..I am still looking. I am waiting to be through with all the surgeries/recoveries before buying one. It is funny when I was at Mayo last week I had a great conversation with a couple about buying (He was in for a revision). He told me to go to Yuma toward spring time. A lot of winter visitors sell their motor homes at great mark downs. He has had friends buy and sell there. I may have to check it out. .....I'm watching the bears in Pasadena on the news right now I would hate to find them in m pool:) BTW Be careful with the Cipro, it can hurt the tendons. I can't take it at all.
 
Thanks for all the good wishes. I am home. The doctor gave me a choice of staying or going and I decided I'd rather be miserable in my own bed, so went home. On two strong antibiotics, plus probiotics, but can't take any more pain meds since all I can take is Ibuprofin and he prefers I not take that right now. I was feeling better on IV Dilaudid, but he didn't want to continue that, he wanted me to take the oral pill and I refused as I am not taking the chance of another horrible reaction. I see my own doc this week and am going to ask for a referral to a GI specialist. The hospitalist also recommended I see a surgeon, but I think my first step will be the GI doc. In the meantime, I'm feeling yucky, but at least I'm home.
 
Oh, Kim,
I'm so sorry to hear that the darned diverticulitis has flared up again. I'm glad you're home now, and I hope you continue to improve.
Yes, after all the problems you have had, it is a very good idea to see a GI specialist. I hope you can get an appointment soon, and that he/she can suggest lots of things to help.
 
Kim, I'm so sorry read about your latest troubles. I was thinking about you and will pray for you. Let me know if there's anything I can do.

:: hugs ::
 
Just catching up on your thread. Sorry about the knee and other troubles. Good luck with the further investigations.
 
Whomever went to the allergist had an infection and was allergic to ever antibiotic the used. I'll try to snuff out who it was.
 
Kim,
Hope you are feeling better, and have seen the GI doctor. Enjoying our warm weather, just hope the smoke from fires do not end up here.
 
Thanks for all the care and good wishes everyone! I'm actually a little better, but the symptoms haven't gone away and now they seem to be increasing slowly. I guess I'll need to make an app't asap. I cancelled the other one due to getting hit with a terrible attack of food poisoning that knocked me down again for a few days. It never rains but it pours.............
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom