Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Lovetocookandsew’s long road to recovery

Yay! I got my pickles finished and ready to go in the refrigerator as soon as hubby sees them. Those cucumbers made 5 quart jars, plus 1-half gallon jar, of refrigerator pickles. My knee is a bit tight but doesn't hurt any more as a result of going to the store to get fresh dill and then making the pickles. We planted dill but it didn't grow well-we think the seeds were likely too old even though they were last year's. Hubby didn't notice that they didn't come up while I wasn't able to go out to the garden and keep an eye on things...oh well-next year.
 
I hope you have a good night after all that work you did today!
 
Now time for some rest with ice on that knee. Tomorrow is another day towards full recovery. Some of us just having a different path to take but in the end we all arrive at the same place. :flwrysmile:
 
Hello all! Here I am joining on page 58! I had my left knee replaced in March of 2014. It has been an uphill battle since then. Better, worse, better, worse, and so on! I broke my shoulder in Jan of 2016, and I had my left hip replaced in May! Both shoulder and hip are doing wonderfully, but my knee still sucks. I have been working hard on restretching my knee for the past month. I have 93 degrees bend after trying everything I can think of. I spoke to my ortho Dr again last week ( he was not the surgeon for the knee) and he IS discouraging me from a revision. He says that it may make it worse. I still limp, but I am still trying to rehab the hip! Not sure if that is contributing to the limp. I'm so confused about what I should do! Reading your story makes me wonder even more. I'm so very sorry you are having such a hard time. I can relate!
 
Welcome, @Mscant ! You've had a rough go, hopefully you can get some answers and get everything working well. The only advice I have is to see a revision specialist who isn't friends, etc, with your original surgeon, and get his advice. Make sure it's one who specializes in revisions. If you flag Josephine or one of the forum moderators, they'll likely have some good advice. I hope you can get it all figured out and soon.
 
Kim, I'm so glad you were able to do the pickles without paying the price...it's a great feeling to do some of the things we were able to do before TKR. I have a 13 year old granddaughter that loves pickles since she was a baby, I love garlic pickles.
 
@uva55 We love pickles here too. Mine are Kosher dill, which includes garlic. I always hate waiting the week or two it takes to let them sit and mature before we can start to eat them.
 
Cute avatar, and yes they do have knees.
broken link removed: https://penguins.neaq.org/2010/07/faq-do-penguins-have-knees.html
Now you can sleep!
 
been there, done that....................
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Lovetocookandsew’s long road to recovery
    life.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 156

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom