Revision THR Loose Acetabular cup - 10 days post Op

Thank you! I was considering just using a long stick and some duct tape. I am so far behind I need to cut through the hedges with one of my electric razors. It will be a 2 step process, with the boyfriend's help!
 
I did it! It took nearly 2 hours but I did it! I am particularly hairy, so I had to trim all the wildness down first, then shave. I can't believe how much better the TED hose feel - they feel almost great! These little milestones are so valuable. Also went to the aquarium here and walked for about an hour. I was tired at the end and I came home and iced for a long time, but it felt pretty good overall.
 
Glad you are feeling smoother and were able to get out some.:happydance:
Not even a month out from revision, I think you are doing very well. :friends:
 
You sound wonderful. It's the little normal things that really give us a lift in recovery. What a great place to go walking.
 
Happy Two Month Anniversary!
I hope you’re doing well. We’d love to hear from you. :yes: Next time you’re on the forum consider leaving an update. We’d love to read about your progress.
Have a great week! :SUNsmile:
@CoastNC
 
Yes, it is time for an update. I just hit my 2 months and 1 week point (9 weeks). It seems like recovery has flown by - the first 5 weeks were slow going, but progress was fast. I have been faithful about physical therapy and I also have really enjoyed it. I feel like I improved after every session. At 6 weeks I got the green light to go in the pool, so in mid February I went back to the water aerobics class. I am much younger than most of them but I feel like they have accepted me into the water sisterhood. Even though I am 9 weeks out I am still using a cane most of the time out of the house. About 2 weeks ago I went on my first long walk and it was really wonderful. Not easy though - I had to concentrate fully on my gait. It took about 13 days, but the walking has lessened the terrible stiffness in my hips. I have also been walking on the treadmill at the gym and using the elliptical machine. The last 2 days I have been able to do the Stairmaster - very very slowly. I haven't been released from Physical Therapy because I am still using the cane and I am still having incredible difficulty with stairs, which is not surprising since I could barely go up one step for an entire year before my surgery. I told my surgeon that I had been using a cane for 6 months before my surgery and he said that my recovery would probably be slower than most. And it has been. But I am grateful and super happy with where I am now.
Jessica
 
:hi:
Awesome to hear you are doing better, and sounds like you are being patient and mindful which is serving you well.
At 6 weeks I got the green light to go in the pool, so in mid February I went back to the water aerobics class. I am much younger than most of them but I feel like they have accepted me into the water sisterhood.
I had a similar experience attending a water aerobic/arthritis therapy class at our local water park.
Initially. I felt like I was crashing a well established poker game..:heehee: but they soon warmed up and I enjoyed meeting all of them.
Retraining muscles and ligaments does take time, so I'm confident you will get there.
Hope your weekend is sweet...and dry!
We've been washing away with all the rain here.
 
:goodpost:I am happy to hear you are using all that equipment at the gym. I hope soon the stairs will become easier for you.
 
I am much younger than most of them but I feel like they have accepted me into the water sisterhood

That’s funny!:heehee:
Thankfully they’ve embraced your presence. It sounds like you’re hitting milestones slowly but surely. Keep up the good work and enjoy the weekend!
 
I once joined a gentle yoga class, thinking I could loosen up my hip ( before I know that it was in such bad shape) I was the youngest in the class and they were such a tight knit group. Where ever I placed my mat I was told to move. :bored: I ended up literally at the feet of the instructor. :heehee:

Glad your story was a better one.
 
Last edited:
Hello @CoastNC
Happy Three Month Anniversary! I hope you’re having a good week so far and you and continue to enjoy progress. :)
Stay safe and well!
 
:hi:Happy Four Month Anniversary!
Hopefully you’re staying safe and healthy amidst this global pandemic and noticing weekly progress in your recovery. Leave us an update when you have time. We’d love to hear from you. :)
Wishing you only the best!
@CoastNC
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom