Guest viewing is limited

Fusion Long ride to a successful Fusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted those of you to know who have been following my thread that I had a meeting with a new attorney today. She has been reviewing my case, and called both hubby and me in to meet with her. WE HAVE A CASE! Can you believe it? Of course, this is only the beginning, but she's already done a lot of "leg work" (ha ha) and has enough information and backing from other OS's to take this on. Good things CAN happen...sometimes, it just takes time. Never give up! Even when you are told "no"...keep searching! :thumb: I'll let you all know how things progress....that, and "Rodney", of course!
 
Congratulations Audrey!

I am so happy to hear that things are going your way!:yahoo:

P.s. my Doctor has me in a knee immobilizer that goes from my rear to my ankle, so I sort of have an idea of what you are going through with the fusion. Got on the plane today, and they had to make sure I was in the front where I had plenty of leg room because I can't bend it.
 
Thanks Sonja! How are you liking that straight leg? LOL I flew in a plane this past summer from Maine to Florida. I was supposed to have a seat in the front, but had one in the middle. That was the time I was wearing the cast. Luckily, the cast bent just enough for me to get it under the seat in front of me. The 3 hour flight was not fun!
Why does the doc have you in the immobilizer now? How are you doing?
 
That's good news, Audrey. I know money isn't a recompense for all the pain and suffering but it surely helps with all the bills that mount up when you've had such a protracted illness.
 
that's so true, Jo....and IF this goes to the point of a settlement, I know I need a ramp outside so that I don't have to climb the stairs to the main floor. Almost 3 years of lost wages as well. Nobody really "wins" when a case goes to court. Even the victor. :sigh:
 
Audrey, I'm sure that I'm repeating something your attorney has already told you, but you do need to be careful about posting on this site or any social media sites. If by chance you haven't had that conversation with your lawyer, please do. It's important to know just what you can discuss and what might be harmful to your case.
 
:DOH: oops! Jamie's right - I should have thought of that.
 
Thanks for your concern. I really appreciate it, and very glad you are looking out for me!
She did say that I could let people know that she is taking on the case (as in "we have a case"). No specific details once the case is filed. :secretaea:
 
Audrey- wishing you the very best in this case!!!
I am so glad that I found another surgeon other than Dr. M like you had. He was my first Dr for a 2nd opinion in Nov. 2010, and I remember not really liking him a whole lot. He told me that my pain was normal, that I basically had to suck it up, and that I had that kind of pain with my left tkr, but I just "didn't remember it".
Glad to hear things are looking up a bit.
~ Kit
P.s. If you go to the Bangor Daily News website (bangordailynews.com) and then click on the marryme tab near the top, it will take you to a page that has me and Dan's wedding story. It's called "Kathleen's Surprise Wedding"
 
Hey Coachie! Great to hear from you! And yes....I will DEFINETELY check out the website! Congratulations!!!
 
Audrey, I haven't kept up entirely with your thread. Which surgery is the focus of your case?
 
the first one, done in October of 2009...the one where the components were put in crooked (mis-aligned).
 
Hi Folks,
I didn't think there was that many people out there walking around with a knee fusion!! It's sad but I am glad that maybe I can get some answers from you.
I have a hard time being in a social environment where the leg sticks straight out and I become a public tripping hazard. I have been struggling with this for at least three years and I am starting to think it would be best to stay home.
It looks like there is a way to reverse a knee fusion... is this correct? anyone have any information on this as well?
Thanks for your help

Hi Pengy,
Where r you in Canada as I am in Canada to and I am having my fusion taken down and a TKR done I will not lie to you so far its been very painful and I am not even half way through the process. If I can help you in any way please ask me all the best pegleg
 
Hi Audrey!

My doctor put me in a straight leg brace after my knee cap popped. He told me to keep wearing it for two weeks until I see him again. I got an infection in the staple line that runs from from the top of the knee cap down. Fortunately, the iv antibiotics are taking care of it now so it is healing nicely! Weird looking scar after three knee operations, but who cares? :biggrin:
 
Audrey;
I am so happy for you mostly because you are sounding so much better.

The fact that you have a 'case' is nice, but as you said, nobody wins in cases like that. no amount of money replace a broken dream and a destroyed leg.
As for now, look foreward to less pain and more enjoyment out of life.
Do you think you will be able to ride this summer?
Sandy
 
I have a plan to at least get ON a horse this summer. The lady that is training my 3yo mare just got an older, super safe horse that she is going to use for walk/trot lessons for kids. The horse is tall...not a pony. She said this horse (who's name is "Dreamer"!!!) is the one I'll get on first! And yes....I'm soooo excited! :dancy:
Even if I just get on and she walks me around, it will be a thrill! And of course...I'll post a picture when it happens!
 
How exciting!!! Photos would be great!!
 
I have a plan to at least get ON a horse this summer. The lady that is training my 3yo mare just got an older, super safe horse that she is going to use for walk/trot lessons for kids. The horse is tall...not a pony. She said this horse (who's name is "Dreamer"!!!) is the one I'll get on first! And yes....I'm soooo excited! :dancy:
Even if I just get on and she walks me around, it will be a thrill! And of course...I'll post a picture when it happens!

That will be great! Glad to hear your positive attitude.
 
Audrey;
TOTALLY awesome!
Thought about you Maine people as we are hoping to get to the Lobster Fest this year.
Couldn't get there last year because of my pain, but it is on the calendar, as is the Fryburg Fair (got there last year, I was in a wheelchair, but we got there)
xo
Sandy
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom