Guest viewing is limited

Fusion Long ride to a successful Fusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Audrey, I can tell you've been doing a lot of soul searching. You're right.....sometimes that's necessary to get things in proper perspective. It's difficult when life presents us with major changes. But you never cease to amaze me with your attitude and strength.

I love that another dainty horse will be coming into your life. I can certainly see how those little guys would bring a lot of joy and smiles.
 
Yes, Jamie......a LOT of soul searching. Believe me...this really works. Write down on paper everything that is good and wonderful in your life. Everything that makes you happy. Things that you've achieved and done in your life. You'd be surprised how "eye-opening" this can be! Then, write down the pros and cons of doing something that you want to do, but may not be able to, for whatever reason. When I did this, I saw on paper just what a great life I've had and continue to have, despite the trials and tribulations of the past 3 years. My true friends have stuck by me, and I've found new ones that will be life-long friends. I may have lost the ability to do my dental assisting job, but now I'm enjoying taking photographs and hope to make it into a small business...maybe next year? Also, I have been available for my daughter through this terrible time in her life. I'm a true believer in "things happen for a reason". Often, we question why, and wonder when the answer will come...but sooner or later, we "see" why things happen.

I've attached a picture of "Cookie", my little dwarf miniature horse. You can see how small he is! I can't remember if I wrote this earlier, but he has a crooked right leg and hoof. He manages just fine! So we are now "soul-mates"! click on the link below to see me and "Cookie"!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...20302206734.2127138.1243668956&type=3&theater
 
This is "Chip"! He'll be coming at the end of August!
[Bonesmart.org] Long ride to a successful Fusion
 
Love the photo of Chip. Cookie's link didn't work, though!!! Can you try to insert the photo directly?
 
I'll try to upload a photo of "Cookie"....if you see it.....IT WORKED! That's me bending down to pat him....he only comes up to me knee!
[Bonesmart.org] Long ride to a successful Fusion
 
Here is a better picture of "Cookie". Most of his baby fur (which was brown!) is gone now. He will be a black with white patches!
[Bonesmart.org] Long ride to a successful Fusion
 
[Bonesmart.org] Long ride to a successful Fusion
They are both soooooooooooooo adorable. How could anyone not love them? They will be such a joy to you. [Bonesmart.org] Long ride to a successful Fusion


And you are right, Audrey, when we take time to truly count our blessings, we discover that we so many more than we would have ever thought. So many things we come to take for granted instead of really appreciating.
[Bonesmart.org] Long ride to a successful Fusion

[Bonesmart.org] Long ride to a successful Fusion
More TIME & PATIENCE on the healing front for you, but you'll make it through. Both your head and your heart are in the right place.
 
Audrey, they are so cute! Look at you bending down to pet him! Equally impressive! I have been here through all of the ups and downs and I am so glad that you are able to find some joy in your animals! You, my friend are amazing! :happydance:
 
Hi Audrey,
I am ok just about coping with the pain and now have 445 mils in the bag and still no news about the op trying to keep myself busy but everyday is just so hard with the leg anway good to hear your doing well all the best Andrew
 
Audrey,
They are just adorable. I new they were small but never realized just how tiny they are. Good job on being out there and bending and petting that baby, it does my heart good to see what you have accomplished so far and I am sure there will be more to come.
 
Hi everybody! Andrew....I think of you often and want sooo much for this to work out for you. I keep hoping when I check in that you are going to have a date for the reversal. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it is soon! Sonja....yup! You've been there from the beginning for me! THANK YOU, THANK YOU...THANK YOU!!!!

My son arrived from Texas for a 3 week visit. Guess where the first place was that he wanted to go! (see picture) [Bonesmart.org] Long ride to a successful Fusion [Bonesmart.org] Long ride to a successful Fusion
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Long ride to a successful Fusion
    Addam4.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 217
Audrey,

You take precious pictures! Your son and cookie are just adorable together! I bet he is glad to escape the heat wave we are having down here!
 
Hi Audrey How you doing with that leg I just hoping mine will not be to long now.
Hope you are well and enjoying the summer all the best

Pegleg AKA Andrew
 
Hi Audrey, Hope all is well. I have a friend in Deer Isle, her name is Penny, and she's also crazy about miniatures ponies. Do you know her? Anyhow, wishing you the best, and your daughter as well.
 
Hi everyone!....I'm sorry it's been so long since I posted. Things are going pretty good. I obtained complete fusion in September....yay! My RSD has started to bother me again since the cold weather is now here. I decided it was easier getting around without the lift in my shoe. For some reason, it really made my good knee quite painful. I hope everybody else is getting along well!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Long ride to a successful Fusion So good to hear from you Audrey!!!!! I'm guessing you've just been busy with life which is why we haven't heard from you in a while. You seen pretty upbeat---so I hope all is well with you. Give us more details when you have time. Take care, we care.
[Bonesmart.org] Long ride to a successful Fusion
 
I was so glad to hear you're doing pretty well. Sure hope the RSD doesn't bother you too much....I was really worried what a surgery would do. Love the tiny horses.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom