Week 7: Yet another week of peaks and troughs! Following the great post op appointment with the OS on Monday, I have been more adventurous in my activities. I am now driving again! Only short distances, but it has done wonders for my independence. I have ventured out by myself on walks and it felt good.
I have moved on to using a cane most of the time, taking the advice of the OS. I certainly feel less of an invalid when using it, but I don't know if it is helping to improve my gait.
I went out for a restaurant lunch with friends today, which was lovely. I felt quite "normal "!
The only real negative is this possible sciatica/piriformis syndrome. Yesterday was particularly painful, but today much better!

I am doing the stretches recommended, so hopefully that's helping. I can get back to the gym in another week, so looking forward to that.
I am still very stiff, especially first thing in the morning and after sitting - normal?
Bring on week 8!
