Week 9 (Or I suppose this is 2 months !):
The left leg problem continues, but there have also been a few positives to note this week.

I have been walking more and more without any aids and the limp is definitely going! I even went out for lunch with a friend and left my cane in the car.
My stamina and enthusiasm for doing things is definitely increasing - even housework!

My greatest achievement this week by far is that I am at long last free of the Tramadol!

It has been a long, hard slog, but with the help of my GP, I have worked through a tapering program. Even so, I have just had two dreadful nights, but it's done at last. I still have no idea why it has affected me so adversely, but I certainly won't be taking it if I have any surgeries in the future. It did help me sleep (well, a drugged kind of sleep), but not worth the side effects and withdrawal symptoms.
I went out to see a plant display in a local park a couple of days ago - my heart sank when I saw the steep slopes and flights of steps. Well, the hip coped perfectly and on arriving home, I realised that the left leg pain/discomfort had disappeared! I actually had a pain free evening! It was back again the next day, but it gives me hope that it's not permanent.

On getting up in the morning, I still feel as though I have done 10 rounds in the boxing ring - so incredibly stiff! Ok once I have walked around a little. Is this normal and how long does it go on?

Looking forward to seeing what the new week brings!