Thanks all for your kind messages. This forum has been invaluable.
Day 2 (hospital told me that officially the day following the op is day 1): I had the best night's sleep I've had in months! After the horrible nausea and drowsiness on oxycontin yesterday, it was decided that I would not take it last night. I had anti-nausea medication and was told I could have oromorph if needed, but I had no pain so didn't have that either and slept right through except for 2 bathroom breaks - amazing! The low blood pressure issue seems to have resolved itself now. The physio came again and gave me some very simple exercises to do daily, showed me how to do stairs and declared me fit to go home. The nurse removed my dressing and I have stitches which will dissolve. So now I am back home!
Medication: for pain I have tramadol, celecoxib and paracetomol with oramorph if required; asprin: laxatives. Not forgetting the hateful stockings of course! Follow-up appointment in 6-8 weeks.
The operation and whole hospital experience has been so much better than I ever expected.

Now for recovery ...!