TKR LindaO's second verse - Both Knees Done Now<

Hi @LindaO, I wanted to see how your appointment went today? I know your are concerned about your range but remember many people do bilaterals so they are down in both knees at the same time. That's what I keep hanging onto as I am a little concerned about the strength in my left leg and then getting my right knee done. Im sure you are busy getting things settled for the next round. My thoughts and prayers are with you! Keep us updated.
 
Good luck to you Linda! If you get the second one soon it will be nice knowing what to expect and also knowing you have a friendly place to continue to share and vent if you need to. Take care!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thanks all! @becticu, Today was labs and pre-op. I am nervous but I know if I don't get it done now then it will be a long time before I get another opportunity. My goal is to get active again without pain preventing me from enjoying walking, weights, riding my bicycle, etc. So sometimes I have to just close my eyes and do it! I have to stay positive or I am sure I would crumble, especially since I know what to expect and what I will go through. There are several out there who will be doing the same thing so my prayers go out to you all!
 
You are inspiring me! Just tonight I told my husband I wasn't sure I could do this again June 5. Your reminder on why we are doing this helped. Have a restful weekend and I'll be watching out, keep us updated!:yay:
 
Your positive attitude is heading you in the right direction. You know what to do and will be just fine!
 
I tell myself the same. People keep asking me why I don't wait a year. But I just want it over with and then to move on. I'm taking an extended leave of absence from work, and it's too disruptive to my clients to do that twice. The second surgery is basically free bc I've hit my Oop Max. My kids are used to recovery mode right now. It's almost summer. All the equipment is set up. Might as well just knock it out. Sigh.
 
@becticu I know we are all inspirations for each other! Again that seems to be the motto of this forum, kind of like the Musketeers! All for one and one for all!
@Jennszoo insurance is also driving me but like you say, it is all already set up, so might as well complete the process!
Thank you all for your positive support!
 
Well we have the green light for the second knee! He still isn't happy with the right so he is going to "gently " manipulate it while he has me under. I will start a new thread for the left knee!
 
I guess that is one advantage of having the second done now if he can do a little manipulation on the first one! Makes sense.
 
Yah Linda! That's great. So is that what we do, start a new thread? I wasn't sure how it all works! I'll be waiting to hear how you do. Hugs and prayers. :yay::yes!:
 
LTKR and right MUA is a go for tomorrow morning! I have to arrive at 0930, so please keep me in your prayers! More nervous this time around so send positive energy my way! Thanks and love you all for your continued support! Xx
 
Yes @becticu, that is what I understand...if they were done at the same time, it would be one thread but doing them at different dates, you start a new thread. If that is not correct, someone please let us know!
 
That MUA will make your 'old' new knee really uncomfortable.
 
I found your thread! Yes, positive thoughts and prayers. It's scary the second time around cause you know what you are in for! The advantage is we learned a lot the first time around!

@JennyLynne I hope you do great tomorrow as well!
 
Linda, prayers for a smooth surgery and mua


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Yes Paula, he said I would not like him after that but he said he would inject it so I hope that helps...:scare:
 
Your Flexion is over 110° and he's doing an MUA? Man, I know people get bilaterals and all, but it seems crazy yo hurt your finished knee when you have such great Flexion already!
 
@JennyLynne , definitely can be surgery buddies! Best of luck to you! II will find your post-op thread and follow you! See you on the other side! :flwrysmile:
 
if they were done at the same time, it would be one thread but doing them at different dates, you start a new thread. If that is not correct, someone please let us know!
Actually, @LindaO , it is your choice. You can either continue in the same recovery thread - which gives some continuity - or have a new thread for the second knee. It does get confusing, though if you have to remember to skip from thread to thread to write about each knee separately. Do tag me (@Celle ) and let me know if you would like me to merge the thread you started for your second knee with this thread. We can always change the thread title, to reflect both knees done.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom