TKR LindaO's second verse - Both Knees Done Now<

Wow, Linda, you are doing fantastic! I am so glad that recovery is doing so well. At 6 weeks, especially after a tkr and mua, I'm not surprised that you still have pain. I'm sure it will be better soon.
 
:wave:Hi everyone! Catching up with some of you guys so decided to put an update on!

I started back to work July 10th. I had a lot of aching so much during the day and still on Norco 5mg q 4 hr alternated with Tramadol 50mg q 4 hrs

I have been slowly decreasing my meds and wish I could stop them completely but the aching just becomes too much, but I think I am getting really close! I am currently taking Norco 2.5mg with 1 Tylenol-and six hrs later a 50mg
Tramadol.
I have been getting on the stationary bike a little and find it does help the aching some what so I need to get on a little more often as I continue to decrease the meds.

Like most of us, night time is the worst for pain and aching. I have to get up and walk 2-3 times a night before I can get back to sleep...not fun...

A lot of changes going on at work so based on that and the constant sitting at the desk all day, I decided to put in my resignation and will start working with my husband in his business at home! Yesterday was my last day at work! :yes!:
My daughter and her family will be moving back to Texas in a couple of months so she is coming down to look around and I will meet her at my youngest daughter house next week.

Wishing each of you the very best in all areas of your life! :old::martini:
 
Linda, thanks for the update, I have been wondering how you are doing. Congratulations on the new job!
 
Sandi, I see you just had your surgery? I will jump over and catch up!

Thanks for the info @Pumpkln ! I will have to give it a try!

LOL @KarriB ! Not retired....wish it were so but a much more relaxed time schedule for sure!
 
@LindaO, it's so good to hear from you! I saw your note on my thread, thanks. So a career change as well! That will give you more freedom to do what's needed with the knees instead of obligated to a desk for the day. You went back to work really early after that second knee. I know you are looking forward to sleep at night and not thinking about the knees so much! I'm still not back to work obviously.... Hoping to start half time from home next week and maybe go back after Labor Day. Keep in touch with us :friends:
 
Hi everyone! I haven’t been on in a while but I have a question for all the post surgeries! My left TKR was done April 4, 2017 and left knee TKR was May 16, 2017. The first knee, (right) the surgeon kept PCL but he removed OCL on left. After 6 months, my right knee continues to have pain on the medial (inner part) side. Has anyone else had this issue so far into recovery? A couple of times I have pivoted on the right knee and it was excruciating! Most pain is when I angle slightly as in putting leg into pants or lifting covers while turning over at night.
I still feel I have right bands around the knees and it takes me a while to get to moving if I have been sitting a while. The stationary bike helps the tight band somewhat.
Lefty hurts sometimes but righty over shadows her most of the time so lefty goes unnoticed mostly.
I think each day gets better for both but that medial pain just gets me down so any suggestions?
Trying to catch up with some of you but got way behind so it’s taking a while!
Take care all!
 
The first knee, (right) the surgeon kept PCL but he removed OCL on left. After 6 months, my right knee continues to have pain on the medial (inner part) side. Has anyone else had this issue so far into recovery? A couple of times I have pivoted on the right knee and it was excruciating!
Not sure what you mean by PCL and OCL. Please can you explain?

Artificial knees don't like the torsion they experience when you pivot on them - twisting motions aren't really advisable. That could explain some of your pain.
 
I still have pain in the muscle running down the inside of the medial side of my tkr about half the time with certain movements. It feels like the muscle or tendon is catching on something. Is this similar to yours?
 
Hi Linda! I am a bit behind you at just 5 months and I do sometimes feel a soreness on the medial side, typically if I’ve done too much. I can’t really classify it as pain, just a sore spot, and thankfully, it isn’t always present. Have you discussed this ongoing pain with your OS? If not, perhaps a visit would put your mind at ease.

I’ve only accidentally pivoted twice and I saw stars! Major ouch! I believe it took me several days to recover from the last one; pffft!






Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi all, sorry for the delay, in the middle of packing to move soon!
I meant to say ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) removed ...I think on all TKRs but PCL is optional...I still have my right PCL but not left. (Posterior cruciate ligament)
The medial pain is actual sharp pain. I have told my surgeon but he brushed it aside. I think because he thought it would resolve. It hasn’t been quite as bad this last week but is still there. I can pin point the area and when pressed, it hurts like the dickens!!! (I know, then don’t press on it!:loll:)
I have a follow up in a couple weeks so hopefully we will find out a bit more then!
 
Hi jaschembra, no I haven’t seen him yet and am going to have to postpone my visit...the medial pain seems to come and go, currently giving me grief. Are you having issues?
Thanks for asking!
 
not really any medial pain. Sometimes there is a tendon on the medial side that will pop. It does not happen very often, but when it does, I get a tinge of discomfort, almost more surprising that pain. After it does it's thing, the area feels better. :) It usually happens if I'm on the stationary bike or touching my heels in front of me in water aerobic class. My knee seems to be slowly, slowly, slowly improving. I would never have thought or wished I was going to be the slow one lol but my OS did warn me that my cement less would take longer to not ache (I should have figured, when a dr. says 6-8 months, it's probably 8-10 or 10-12!) and his "ache" and mine are different.

Glad to hear your pain comes and goes - I would take that as a sign that it's just part of the normal healing quirks of this recovery.
 
@LindaO, my medial has been painful off and on for months. It also feels like a tendon 'catches' on something when I lift my leg when I'm laying halfway on my left side. Other positions are not painful at all. I learned when I finally got my surgical report, but he did a medial release. I assume that's why I've had a problem there. Maybe you had the same thing.
 
@sistersinhim How do you get your surgical report, just ask the surgeon for it? Was it hard to understand?
 
@Jockette, I had to sign a form at his office requesting his surgical report. It wasn't too hard to understand most of it, and I was glad to read of my medial release. My OS didn't tell me about that and I was glad to find a reason for that hanging on pain.
 
Yes that kind of sounds what I feel. I don’t think he did a medial release because I had already had a lateral release in the past. My right knees stays slightly swollen all the time! The left one seems fine but it clicks when I walk and that drives me crazy !!! At least it doesn’t hurt like the right does...
 
@LindaO, I have had 2 lateral releases on both knees. I was wondering if it was too much and then needed the medial release done.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom