TKR LindaO's second verse - Both Knees Done Now<

Hi @becticu! I am doing fairly well! Still working on the ROM and pain...trying to cut down on the meds a bit but the aching gets to me too much to totally stop them. My FMLA ends before my next OS appt so trying to determine what my next steps will be when I am released!
Just now getting to be able to sit at the computer for more than just a couple of minutes so it could be interesting to find out if I can sit a computer for 8 hrs!
I will jump over and catch up with how you are doing! Thank you for checking on me!

I thank everyone for your continued support and encouragement!
 
Sounds like you are doing Great! Keep up the good work! Grandkids are the best but they sure tire you out:) Glad you had a wonderful time with them:)
 
i just read back on your updates and read what a fantastic r.o.m. you have. congratulations. that must feel great and also you were released from physio. hope the pain subsides soon and good luck going back to work.
 
@KarriB I work from home so that is a blessing although we have quotas and usually have to work over...salaried so no additional money. I work in a type of triage working with authorizations but was told 5 of our team was pulled into Case Management or Care Management. The contract is in a constant change right now, currently due to end Oct. We are hoping to be renewed but if we are, I feel it will be more of the care management/disease management aspect, so it will be interesting. Follow-up with OS is 28th so will probably be released at that time.It will be an interesting return to work as a lot has changed already... I will need retraining! :loll:
 
Working from home can be a bit easier for TKR, but it would still be nice to phase back. I had never been away from my career before and found lots has changed in the 3 months I was out with my TKR.
 
Congratulations on finishing with PT and also your fab ROM Linda! You must be thrilled to have PT behind you now.:happydance:
 
Such great results!!! Are you glad you had the MUA? Or think you would have got to where you without it?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @LindaO, I was just missing seeing you so I thought I would check on you. You haven't gone back to work yet have you? How are things going and are you having repititive good days?:loveshwr:
 
@zakmick that is a tricky question! :smile2:I think I would have eventually gotten there but since I was going to be asleep for the other knee, it was probably best to have it done. He said he was going to be gentle and I think he was so wasn't as sore as I could have been! So in the long run I am glad it was done BUT if I wasn't having the other knee done I would not have wanted it!

@becticu back to OS on Wednesday so will see if he releases me for work... I think he will!

I hope you are feeling better! Will jump over to your thread and catch up! :fingersx:
 
:SUNsmile::SUNsmile:Follow up with OS went well! He eye-balled the measurements and said right was 2/120 and left 0/125. He told me to work on the extension of the right knee and wrote a note saying I could return to work on July 10th but need to walk 5-10 minutes every hour! I return to see him in two months!
Everyone was surprised at how well I was doing to only be at 6-weeks on the left, so that was very encouraging! I am still trying to decrease my pain meds but currently still need them...otherwise I ache so bad I can't even think, not worth the anguish so I will continue them for now!
I am not using a cane except when in a crowd and I tire at the stores really easy but I am driving now so will continue to progress a little at a time! Love that word...PROGRESS!!!
 
Wow! Outstanding report! Your life is getting back on track really quickly. You are an excellent example of how good it can be!
 
that's fantastic news about your r.o.m. i'm jealous but happy for you. sorry you're still having pain ~ good to take the pain meds as long as you need to. it won't be long.:flwrysmile:
 
Such great news, I am so happy for you! You are right it will get easier and easier as you progress. You know your body and if you aren't ready to be off the pain medicine then listen to your body. I know I'm no where near ready. I'm glad your work is flexible too. :loveshwr::yes!::wowspring:
 
Linda you should be proud of yourself, such great results. And off the cane mostly too! That's awesome.
Going back to work will be great to get the brain active again, I'm going back in 2wks for relief teaching.
And I wouldn't worry about the meds, your body will tell when it's ready...6wks is early days x


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Wow! You are doing fantastic! The walking 5-10 minutes every hour is a suggestion I should take. I went back to work part time a few weeks ago and I forget to get up from my chair and I am so stiff. I've been setting my alarm. Maybe I will do a 5-10 minute walk when that alarm goes off each hour. Take care!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom