Bilateral TKR Limpynomore has reached the recovery side!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Limpynomore,
You are doing wonderful :happydance: onward & upward....
Talk soon,
Diana :SUNsmile:
 
6 weeks post op today. I am currently out on a little trip with my husband for our anniversary. How do I feel at 6 weeks post op? I feel pretty good. My knees are still constantly communicating their healing. The car ride here was about 3 hours and they did get stiff. I haven't taken anything for pain except an occasional Advil, which I feel like I need right now. The weather here has turned sharply colder here in illinois. I don't know if this is causing more aching. I am still doing out patient therapy and will thru next week. Definitely am aware of many different muscles in my legs. I may have pushed it a bit going on this trip, but hopefully being able to shop for a few hours will be worth it since it has been many years since I could. My best to all my fellow bone smarties!

Limpy (still a bit longer)
 
Hello limpynomore,
So glad to hear you got out to have a bit of fun :) happy anniversary :SUNsmile: I am on week 8 & the difference
Between 6&8 weeks is amazing.
Continue with therapy....I limped for years, so I'm basically learning to walk again.
I feel taller & straighter than before surgery....& no limping :dancy:
Please keep posting...I missed you
Diana....June sunbeams :SUNsmile: everyday is getting better !!
 
Hi Limpy - glad that you are feeling up to getting out and about - hope that you do not have too much pain and stiffness as a result :thumb:

I think that colder and/or damp weather certainly makes a difference
 
Made it back home! Shopped for a couple of hours and had a nice lunch. It is nice to be home and put up my feet! Friday I am off to Florida for my sister in laws surprise birthday party! Diana thanks for that tidbit about week 6 to week 8. I will look forward to the improvement. Agree Puffin, I think the wether has a lot to do with the aching. I don't feel that I got quite as stiff on the ride home. PT and work tomorrow. Best to all!
 
Got measured at PT today. Right knee is 120 flex 0 extension. Left knee is 115 fles 5 or 7 extension. Left side feels more swollen for whatever reason. PT says she will work on left extension next appointment.
 
welcome to Florida limpynomore! Thinking about you!
 
Hi Chibigirl! Good to see you on the board again! Currently on my flight home. The trip went well! We had a disabled hotel room, so I had a higher toilet and grab bars for the shower. Everything went really well for my sister in laws surprise party and she had a ball! I am so glad I could make it down to see everyone! Her kids are spread out.....Texas, Illinois, Florida. It was the first time in quite some time that all of her kids were together along with their kids. Wore my TED hose both ways and felt pretty darn good all things considered. Weather was pretty good although it did rain some. My Knees let me know when the rain was coming. 7 weeks tomorrow Chibigirl! Gotta go to work when I get in to Chicago. Talk to you soon!

Limpy
 
Hey Limpynomore!

Sounds like you had a great time! Good for you...after what you have been through you deserved it!
You were only 9 hours away from me. :puppysmooze:

Well, today I am starting to feel better from my PT on Thursday.....and guess what today is? PT!!!!!!
I am going to tell her to go lightly on me with the weight machines. She had be doing leg presses with 110 pds.
It did not feel uncomfortable when I was doing it....so I have no idea if that was the culprit or not. I know when she has me sit on a stool with wheels, I have to use my heels to move me forward and the go backwards. I think that is what my problem is. I could feel it in my kneecaps.....so I just might tell her to forget that exercise for now.
Can't wait for Friday......going for that 8 hour car ride to pick up my puppies!

Have a safe trip and take it easy at work today!
 
Oh yeah new puppies Friday! I think they will bring lots of joy and fun! Perfect timing to go get them! I would recommend stopping every couple of hours to stretch out. You may even consider wearing the dreaded Ted hose. They seem to help keep the swelling down. I am doing that chair exercise as well. I only go forward though. She makes me do it on carpet......it is challenging! If something feels too much, just ask to cut back a bit or do fewer reps. I have PT tomorrow/Wednesday/Friday. Not looking that forward to it, but it is helping me to regain strength. Just keep thinking of your new pups Friday!!!!!!!
 
Break through Thursday. At pt yesterday, my pt suggested I try descending my staircase the normal way for 5 steps. I did the first 5 normal and then the next 5 normal without much of a problem!!!! Yeah! Going on 8 weeks next Tuesday...see the OS tomorrow. Feeling pretty darn good at this point! Still stiff, but no real pain. Walking speed is currently 1.9 mph. Slow, but oh well. Everything in time.
 
Good for you doing the steps! I can go down only if I hold on both sides. I think my muscles in the right leg are week. It aso is a bit uncomfortable... But I make myself Do it! Yes... Everything in good time!
 
Isn't it great to take stairs ONE foot at a time? It still amazes me, and I don't even do it all that well. Going up looks pretty good, but going down isn't pretty - yet. At least I don't freak out if I'm faced with having to "do" stairs; I feel confident. That's a big leap.
j
 
You are doing really well on the stairs :thumb: - I am still doing the sideways shuffle
 
Hello limpynomore,
How are you ? Good I hope :) ah, the dreaded stairs. I have the opposite of everyone here. I can go
Down great, but up...I use both arms to pull me up the railing :shocked: it is quite the sight....my butt
Sticks way out :heehee: I was much better today. Do you find every day gets better ? I do.
Thinking of you,
When are you changing your name ?
Diana.....June sunbeams :SUNsmile: ...getting better everyday....
 
Hi Diana! I am 8 weeks post op today! I am working, driving, walking, and have 2 PT sessions left. I saw my OS last week and got a look at what my new knees look like! Pretty weird! All things considered I am very happy with my healing and progress. I even went shopping last week and bought a few new duds! I am unloading our dishwasher regularly which I could not do before due to pain. Little by little I am slipping into this new life with new knees! As far as changing my name.....I am not sure yet. I asked OS to look at my right hip at my next appointment. It doesn't hurt per se, but I feel like it may be deteriorating slowly. I hope I am wrong as that is the only joint that hasn't been replaced! Are you walking that track yet Diana???
 
Well fellow bone-smarties, I am happy to report in at 10 weeks. Just yesterday I noticed that my stiffness has become much less all of a sudden! I have continued to do my recumbant bike or walk on my treadmill for 20 minutes per day. I am still using my raised toilet seat, but getting out of the chair is getting easier and easier. All in all, I am very happy I have done this surgery. The wait is long, but progress is being made. Best to you all!

Limpy
 
Hello limpynomore,
You sound wonderful :) my knee still gets a bit tight, but walking & stretching are still the order of the day :spin:
I just returned to work last week, best thing for me. How is your job going ?
I am finally feeling happy I have a new knee :happydance: it can only get better from here....
Glad you feel the same,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Wow Limpy you are doing really well with your recovery :yay:

I am at 12 weeks and not managing to do half of the things that you are doing - so happy for the progress that you have made :thumb:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom