Bilateral TKR Limpynomore has reached the recovery side!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Puffin! Slow and steady wins the race! You will make it! Sounds like you had a few more issues prior to the surgery. Thanks for your encouragement!
 
Morning everyone! I am just checking in at the 3 month point. Knees are still at bit stiff after sitting....takes a few steps to get them going. I have been walking on my treadmill 1.25 miles usualy, and about 3 x per week I am walking a forest preserve trail that is 2.2 miles. I bought a fitbit to count my steps and finally last Wednesday reached 10,000 steps. I can go down the steps normal if I really try.....it does not feel natural yet, but I guess in time it will become normal hopefully. What is everyone else doing exercise wise at the 3 month point? I can now safely say I am Limpynomore!
 
Hello limpynomore,
I finally found your forum :) I just read on Gazelles thread that you just had a birthday. So,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY :happydance: :happydance: :dancy: & many more..... My Birthday was October 11
So many October birthdays ( my favorite month of the year )
How are your knees behaving ? Good I hope.
Miss You :friends:
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Hello limpynomore,
I finally found your forum :) I just read on Gazelles thread that you just had a birthday. So,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY :happydance: :happydance: :dancy: & many more..... My Birthday was October 11
So many October birthdays ( my favorite month of the year )
How are your knees behaving ? Good I hope.
Miss You :friends:
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Limpynomore-- thanks for finding my thread and wishing me a happy birthday... and I wish you a few day belated one as well!! MY BD is TODAY! October 24th. 58 years of living done! I see you are getting more active as I have. I have a fitbit I use when I walk like you do! We should become friends on the fitbit sight. My profile name on the fitbit site is Gazelle7777. Reach out to me there! I am walking and exercising more and more. I just started going down the stairs in the normal way the past week.... one foot two foot. It use to hurt my right knee to walk down but now it feels better. My last day of PT was yesterday... I feel rather sad and glad at the same time... on my own now.... not sure how to feel about that. Take care and lets become fitbit friends! Joan:)
 
Hello limpynomore,
How are you doing ? Good I hope. Our new :puppysmooze: is so good. He is so calm the :kittykiss: just look
At him, because he doesn't bark or growl at them. He is my daughter & her boyfriends Xmas present to
Each other. He is part Lab & part husky....a rescue dog from Arkansas. I watch him during the day. I swear
He is getting bigger everyday :heehee:
How is everything going for you ? How's work ?
Have a wonderful weekend,
Diana....."JUNE SUNBEAMS" :SUNsmile:
 
Hello Bone Smart Friends! I am a little past 5 months post op now and can say that I am finally comfortable with descending the stairs normally now. It does not feel awkward now. I am about to go on vacation and look forward to not needing wheelchair assistance at all! I look forward to walking the beach and shopping, and not worrying about pain! This was so worth it!
 
What a positive message Limpynomore. It's wonderful to hear recoveries like this - gives us all hope. :flwrysmile:
Have a wonderful holiday.
 
Good day bone smarties! I am currently on vacation in sunny Aruba, and am thoroughly enjoying being able to walk again! I have been using my fitbit to track my steps and so far have gone over 10,000 steps in 3 of the last 4 days. My muscles are sore, but I am so happy to not have the bone on bone pain!
 
Hello Limpynomore,
Aruba, :egypdance: :happydance: Glad to hear all is well :) Could you please order me a strawberry daiquir
With whipped cream & a cherry on top :martini: we will cheer our knees together.
Walking on the beach :SUNsmile: enjoy your vacation, I'm a bit jealous :heehee:
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Wow Limpy - have a great vacation :martini: - 10,000 steps is amazing ... as is the warm weather as we have not been above 0C for several weeks
 
I just recently did some walking on the beach in Florida and found that even with a ten-month-old knee, the walking in sand really gave me a workout. My calves hurt for three days!!! It sure is great exercise, though!!!
 
You are right Jamie! The sand is a real workout! I wasn't the only one who was sore. We had a couple join us on the trip and they were complaining about sore calves as well. I think it has to do with all the odd angles. My feet were really sore as well! I've gotta get going on the treadmill as we are headed back in 4 weeks!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Limpynomore has reached the recovery side!!!
[Bonesmart.org] Limpynomore has reached the recovery side!!!
Hope you and yours have had a wonderful Christmas holiday with lots of family fellowship and sharing of gifts and lots of good food to eat.


I’ll be looking for you at the BoneSmart annual New Year’s Party. It’s been a very eventful year for most of us---and will be a very eventful year coming up for others of us looking forward to surgery in the new year.


Remember to bring food and drink to share---and pictures are always appreciated and loads of fun to share.


SEE YOU AT THE PARTY!!!!!
[Bonesmart.org] Limpynomore has reached the recovery side!!!
bottomshollow
 
@Limpynomore
Happy New Year !!!!!!! ? I hope all is well with you:) Back to Aruba in 4 weeks,:martini:Walking in
The sand is great for a leg workout:dancy:Don't you think your over doing the walking in the sand:rotfl:
This should be in the "Mantras" go to Aruba........& walk in the sand. We are in single digits &
Snow storm Thurs.( 6-12 in.):yikes:Good thing I like the snow, but when temps. Drop to 5 degrees
Frozen pipes are a concern.
Have a great time in Aruba,
Wishing I was you:heehee:
Diana:flwrysmile:
 
@new knee in June, Happy New Year! We just had 14" yesterday! It will be zero tonight! Yep, it is coming your way! I need that Aruba trip to motivate me to lose some weight by the end of the month! How are you knees doing Diana?
 
Hi @Limpynomore
I am doing well:) Tomorrow I will be 7 months exactly:dancy:My knee is doing well. No pain at all
Although the rest of my body is achey:gaah:We are getting 16 inches of snow, the worst part is temps.
Tomorrow for high is 0 degrees:yikes: I love the snow, not so much the bitter cold. I am also trying to loose
15 lbs. ( all around my middle ) I have been juicing with veggies & fruit. We will see how that goes:rotfl:
Have a great time in Sunny Aruba:SUNsmile: Once again, I am jealous, make mine a Piña Colada:martini:
Sincerely,
Diana:flwrysmile::snow dig:
 
Hi Limpy - glad that you are doing well - that Aruba trip sounds amazing I haven't seen the :SUNsmile: for weeks here. Have a wonderful time :egypdance::martini:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom